Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: George Bush is awesome. Enough said.
George Bush is awesome. Enough said.
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 1 2007, 2:16 am
By: GuN_Solar90
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 814 >

Sep 8 2007, 6:34 pm GuN_Solar90 Post #101

Quote from Falkoner
GuN, you are being very hypocritical seeing as you just posted 3 times in a row.

What are you talking about how does that make me hyprocritical? Besides I'm the OP I can post whatever I want to. Now I'm sure somebody is gonna quote this saying "blah blah blah if you insult me again I'll do this and that!"

None.

Sep 8 2007, 7:12 pm FatalException Post #102

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from Dapperdan
If the US withdrew I can almost guarantee that Britain and Australia would pull out, and Iraq isn't able to stand for itself at the moment. As you said, civil war is brewing, and that would crush the government, and military presence there is keeping a civil war from erupting.

You can't guarantee shit, you're not getting this from a reliable or actual source, just from your own assumptions. If you want to give your own assumptions then fine, but do not claim them to be so inherently truthful if you want to have credit attached to any of your words.

I agree Dapperdan. Provided documentation for fact is key everybody.
That only confused me as to whose side you're on... :(

None.

Sep 8 2007, 8:30 pm Dr. Shotgun Post #103

Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from Doktor Shotgun
Quote from Falkoner
If the US withdrew I can almost guarantee that Britain and Australia would pull out, and Iraq isn't able to stand for itself at the moment. As you said, civil war is brewing, and that would crush the government, and military presence there is keeping a civil war from erupting.
As 70% of Iraqis want us out, I'm pretty sure that us pulling us would end a lot of the strife.

Could I holla at some reliable information please.
Yes, you can.

None.

Sep 8 2007, 8:53 pm Rawk_Flare Post #104

I can't believe so many people still like bush...

And notice that he has led the Americans poorly through the harshest of times.

None.

Sep 8 2007, 8:53 pm AntiSleep Post #105

The only chance in hell Iraq has to maintain stability, is a federal system with decentralized power, not unlike the early US. The longer we stay there, the worse it will get.

None.

Sep 8 2007, 11:12 pm PwnPirate Post #106

I said I mostly agree with Will, because I didn't want to take the time for my own arguements, I would just get rebuttled by who knows what statement afterwards, and it would be mostly pointless. And, I didn't flame anyone buddy. Everyone in the topic pretty much agreed what Falkoner was saying had no base... everyone agreed solar's post was unreadable... then I said that solar had ridiculous comments... I called no person ridiculous or stupid. If you want to pretend you're a mod when you're not, then at least learn to read posts and I'll be fine with it most of the time.
Oh really?
the topic initially got a lot smarter when Falkoner left it
gunsolar got back into the picture and made the most unreadable post of all time, along with several ridiculous comments afterwards.
arguing with you guys is too often an utter waste of time.
In other words, you're calling them stupid and ridiculous. It doesn't matter if everyone agrees that someone's argument is invalid. It just means that stating the obvious over again is redundant, and it certainly doesn't call for flaming. I don't have to be a mod to tell you that what you're saying is incorrect.

None.

Sep 8 2007, 11:26 pm Dapperdan Post #107

It just means that stating the obvious over again is redundant, and it certainly doesn't call for flaming

I didn't know being redundant was against the rules, not that I was that bad about. I was simply stating which side of the issues I stood on, if in doing that I'm being redudant, there isn't much I can do. And, I didn't flame, I think that solar making the statement "racism is history" is ridiculous, and I pointed that out. I also think his idea of "the independent states of america" is ridiculous. I think Falkoner should research what he's talking about before claiming it fact. I STILL haven't called anyone ridiculous or stupid, stop changing my words into something they're not.

I don't have to be a mod to tell you that what you're saying is incorrect.

But you need proper grounds and the ability to not twist my words to tell me what I'm saying is incorrect; end of discussion.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 12:24 am PwnPirate Post #108

I didn't know being redundant was against the rules, not that I was that bad about. I was simply stating which side of the issues I stood on, if in doing that I'm being redudant, there isn't much I can do. And, I didn't flame, I think that solar making the statement "racism is history" is ridiculous, and I pointed that out. I also think his idea of "the independent states of america" is ridiculous. I think Falkoner should research what he's talking about before claiming it fact. I STILL haven't called anyone ridiculous or stupid, stop changing my words into something they're not.
Wrong. First of all, being redundant is against the rules, it's called spam. If someone says that they enjoy oranges, It would be spam for me to repeat that they like oranges, as they have already put the point across. Second of all, if you were stating which argument you sided with, you didn't give any actual reasons from doing so aside from your own personal opinions about the other people posting. So your post was really unnecessary to begin with anyways. Siding with someone's argument doesn't add to the discussion at all, because it in itself doesn't make their argument any more valid. For example: If 3000 men join the Klu Klux Klan, it still doesn't mean what they do is legal. You stated yourself that you were "too lazy" to post your own argument, if so, then don't post at all until you have one. Third of all I'm not changing your words, you are changing your own words.
the topic initially got a lot smarter when Falkoner left it
gunsolar got back into the picture and made the most unreadable post of all time, along with several ridiculous comments afterwards.
arguing with you guys is too often an utter waste of time.
The first sentence implies that you think Falkoner was causing the topic to become unintelligent, which is obviously an attack on Falkoner himself. You aren't making a comment on his argument, because his argument isn't even the subject of your sentence. Let me break it down for you on the next one. Subject = You guys
Comment= It's a waste of time to argue with you guys.
There isn't anything at all about statements or ideas, you are just flat out insulting them. Again, the implication is that you think they are stupid, so arguing with them wastes time.
These arguments don't really do justice unless I post your whole comment though.
CaptainWill wins... the topic initially got a lot smarter when Falkoner left it with his baseless statements (which he always gives), but then gunsolar got back into the picture and made the most unreadable post of all time, along with several ridiculous comments afterwards. There were some other people with good arguements, but as of these last pages, Will is the one making the most sense... I won't even argue my own points because arguing with you guys is too often an utter waste of time.
This whole thing isn't of any value whatsoever to the topic. It's all just opinions of what you think about other people, and more than half of it is you thinking they are lesser people. There's no actual evidence, or really anything else at all in the post. In terms of the argument, even if you did or didn't post it, it wouldn't have affected anything. So you aren't offering a side of the argument on which you stand on. You are just flaming and praising some people.
end of discussion.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 12:38 am CaptainWill Post #109

Quote from OMGunzS0l4r
...for example, your first comment CaptainWill, correct me if I'm wrong but you said something about only the white people being evacuated from New Orleans. Now what kind of response from me did you expect? I was angry that you would make such a childish and detrimental post. Your posts from then on have been at least acceptable then. Why you suddenly changed stances, I don't know, but you should at least let it be known that your first post should be ignored. I will continue commenting politically soon, but I'm very busy.

Childish and detrimental? The person being the child here is certainly not me, and I didn't expect to be cussed out for making the claim that white people found it much easier to get help in escaping New Orleans. Sure, I put my claim in a flippant manner, but I think it holds some truth. A lot of white people in New Orleans were rich enough to own a car which they could escape in, while a lot of black people didn't. They weren't given enough help in getting out either through negligence or racism. Also, I thought you made a pretty silly claim when you said that 'racism is history.' After all, sure it's history but it's also happening right now. Would you rather hang out with a black person or a white person? If you saw a black guy walking up to you on the street would you react differently to how you would react if he was white? Say you're describing a white man and a black man to someone else. Would you mention that the white man was white? Would you mention that the black man was black?

I haven't changed stances at all - I have remained consistent in my view of George Bush as a poor president.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 4:07 am Echo Post #110

Bush hasnt done anything wrong. If he was a poor president, he would've been impeached. Currently, the House is full of Democrats and barely has any republicans. In New Orleans, he couldnt respond to Hurricane Katrina instantly because he had to focus on the war and with all these debates, he didn't have the time. The State of Louisana is responsible for it's own state. This is because there are state governing and federal. Also, Bush isn't racist. People just imply it (Like Kanye West, who is my favorite rapper), they don't even have proof. Right now, Bush is doing better than ever. He started to get many troops home and is starting Iraqization (Which is replacing American troops with Iraq military) and helping in diplomacy such as North Korea and such. He is also helping internally in America, with real estate.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 4:16 am GuN_Solar90 Post #111

Quote from FatalException
Quote from GuN_Solar90
Quote from Dapperdan

You can't guarantee shit, you're not getting this from a reliable or actual source, just from your own assumptions. If you want to give your own assumptions then fine, but do not claim them to be so inherently truthful if you want to have credit attached to any of your words.

I agree Dapperdan. Provided documentation for fact is key everybody.
That only confused me as to whose side you're on... :(

I am on no one's "side." I'm conservative but thats just because the Republican party best represents my political opinions. My best interest is Progress. This Democrat vs. Republican bullshit is not Progress. I will agree with who I think is right.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 4:19 am GuN_Solar90 Post #112

Quote from Dapperdan
It just means that stating the obvious over again is redundant, and it certainly doesn't call for flaming

I don't have to be a mod to tell you that what you're saying is incorrect.

But you need proper grounds and the ability to not twist my words to tell me what I'm saying is incorrect; end of discussion.
I agree with all of that.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 4:27 am GuN_Solar90 Post #113

Quote from CaptainWill
Quote from OMGunzS0l4r
...for example, your first comment CaptainWill, correct me if I'm wrong but you said something about only the white people being evacuated from New Orleans. Now what kind of response from me did you expect? I was angry that you would make such a childish and detrimental post. Your posts from then on have been at least acceptable then. Why you suddenly changed stances, I don't know, but you should at least let it be known that your first post should be ignored. I will continue commenting politically soon, but I'm very busy.

Childish and detrimental? The person being the child here is certainly not me, and I didn't expect to be cussed out for making the claim that white people found it much easier to get help in escaping New Orleans. Sure, I put my claim in a flippant manner, but I think it holds some truth. A lot of white people in New Orleans were rich enough to own a car which they could escape in, while a lot of black people didn't. They weren't given enough help in getting out either through negligence or racism. Also, I thought you made a pretty silly claim when you said that 'racism is history.' After all, sure it's history but it's also happening right now. Would you rather hang out with a black person or a white person? If you saw a black guy walking up to you on the street would you react differently to how you would react if he was white? Say you're describing a white man and a black man to someone else. Would you mention that the white man was white? Would you mention that the black man was black?

I haven't changed stances at all - I have remained consistent in my view of George Bush as a poor president.
Okay well so what if all the whites in New Orleans own nice cars? Thats irrelevant and its certainly not a valid fact that racism in the United States is a major problem. Did you also forget that the guy in charge of the city was black? Would I rather hang out with a black person or a white person? I cannot make that decision based purely on their heritage. I will say this: everyone in my high school who is white wishes they were black. Wiggers, what are you gonna do right? When I describe someone I usually add either Black, Asian or Latino because white people are the mainstream population.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 4:36 am SteamBoy Post #114

President Bush:
You know what I hate ? when people said Bush is a bad person for not responding that quick at 911.

1.) We got fire station's for a reason.
2.) We got other stuff for a reason.

wtf Bush gonna do, go there and tell everyone what to do when they are already doing it? can someone please explain that to me.

and btw if you said he's holding the book upside down your wrong someone edited that.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 4:41 am Echo Post #115

Quote from SteamBoy
President Bush:
You know what I hate ? when people said Bush is a bad person for not responding that quick at 911.

1.) We got fire station's for a reason.
2.) We got other stuff for a reason.

wtf Bush gonna do, go there and tell everyone what to do when they are already doing it? can someone please explain that to me.

and btw if you said he's holding the book upside down your wrong someone edited that.
Exactly! We have systems for reason. It is like blaming Bush for no education when there are Public schools avaliable in America!

None.

Sep 9 2007, 5:18 am Dapperdan Post #116

@PwnPirate, note taken, although I disagree with most of the things you said. You made a few good points, although I think you are a little off-base with what you took of my "utter waste of time" statement". It was more that I didn't want to get stuck in ridiculous circular arguements (similar to this). Where I have to reply back and forth and back and forth with little hope of persauding anyone. Too many people are close-minded in the world, I for one, am not one of those people.

Bush hasnt done anything wrong. If he was a poor president, he would've been impeached.

Echo, you are incredibly ignorant, someday you'll look back on this and realize how ignorant you are, I hope. Stuff like that can happen a lot. (btw, it takes a lot more than sucking at being a president to be impeached, therefore your ignorance)

I still think CaptainWill is the shit (when it comes to this topic). ;)

None.

Sep 9 2007, 5:24 am Echo Post #117

Dapperdan, you must be ignorant too if you believe Bush sucks. I have a right to my own opinion. There is currently no plan of the house of even trying to find a way to impeach him. No one is even open minded. Everyone has their own beliefs. By that, you fail.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 5:27 am AntiSleep Post #118

Ok echo, just exactly what has bush done RIGHT?

None.

Sep 9 2007, 5:30 am AntiSleep Post #119

This is what bush has done: He has divided the people of this country, taken a shit in Iraq at the expense of Afghanistan, and taken a chainsaw to the bill of rights.

None.

Sep 9 2007, 5:31 am Echo Post #120

He has divided the people of this country
Such stupidity....
Proof please.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 814 >
  Back to forum