Staredit Network > Forums > GalaxyWiki Project > Topic: GalaxyWiki.net
GalaxyWiki.net
Nov 10 2010, 7:59 pm
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8

Aug 6 2012, 5:11 am DevliN Post #141

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Jack
The wiki could do with a cleanup again, and another way of verifying humans. Like a question such as 'What is the name of the company which made StarCraft II?'
I've been busy. Normally I clean it up daily. I'll look into adding more anti-bot crap.

Quote from MadZombie
Is the wiki updated for the latest editor version? Maybe I'm just really bad at this but when I tried to look up information on how to make a timer I went to this page:
http://www.galaxywiki.net/Timers

I could follow it enough so that I could get a timer to appear but I couldn't follow it enough to have it actually count down instead of just showing up at 0:00 and doing nothing else. What I'm wondering is if the galaxy wiki is up to date and not on some beta editor version.

Or maybe I'm just that bad.
It should be based on the last version of the editor prior to the most recent patch. I can take a look at the Timers page tomorrow to see if much has changed.

EDIT:
Cleaned. :D

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 6 2012, 5:32 am by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Aug 8 2012, 3:28 am MadZombie Post #142

Would you consider the entire wiki to be "clean"? I wonder if other pages I haven't even gotten to yet are also outdated or using terms from a previous editor version. I know it's asking too much but a tutorial on making one of each general starcraft map genre would be cool. Like RPG, Tower defense, etc.

Simple ones. I mean I know I personally would benefit from it though I can already imagine no one would have the time for it

;_;

None.

Aug 8 2012, 3:31 am Jack Post #143

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Clean as in the spam was removed :P

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 8 2012, 3:46 am DevliN Post #144

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The idea of making tutorials for genres was discussed some time ago, but I think ultimately it was decided that individual tutorials would be better overall. If you wanted to make an RPG, for example, we have tutorials for making abilities, changing the UI, creating heroes, etc. I guess making one tutorial that links to all those separate elements could be good, too.

I need to just do a total overhaul and check all the tutorials when I have time. Unfortunately I'm going to be short on time for the next couple months.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8
  Back to forum