The theme for this mapping contest is ARCADE GAMES. That's right, you can make your own arcade-style game. Come up with something fun and simple or create something complex and seemingly never-ending! If you're out of ideas, you could elaborate on a small minigame, redesign a known arcade game, or even ripoff PopCap and turn one of their masterpieces into a StarCraft 2 map (at a penalty, you dirty plagiarizer).
Does your map follow the theme? It is a pretty easy theme to follow so this should be a free 10 points. Any map getting zero in this category will not be judged any further. Seriously.
How well is the map made? Does it have glitches? Does it flow well? How does the terrain look? Is all the text spell checked? If there is a custom UI, does it look slick or is it disheveled?
Will I play this map again? Was it too buggy that I couldn’t play it at all? This will be a big factor in deciding the winner, especially with a theme like this.
Is this original? Am I going to wish I had come up with the idea, first? Did you really copy a PopCap game?
Total: 50 points
- The map must be submitted by November 30th, at 11:59:59 PM Pacific time (PST). They can either be posted here, PMed to me, or hosted at the SEN Database.
- Any map size is allowed.
- The map must not have been started before the contest.
- You may submit as many copies of the map as you want. Only the last one received will be judged.
- No stolen maps.
- No editing someone else's map. The map must have been made by you, and you alone.
- Team projects must consist of two people maximum. Prizes will be split amongst both team members.
First Place: 200 minerals, 4 Contest Points
Second Place: 150 minerals, 3 Contest Points
Third Place: 100 minerals, 2 Contest Points
The combined scores for this contest are below. We only had two entries, and both were fantastic. Congratulations to both Roy and aalleecc248 for their work.
Zealot Defense by aalleecc248
Eel by Roy
Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2010, 9:36 pm by DevliN.