Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: SEN StarCraft II Contest [November 2010]
SEN StarCraft II Contest [November 2010]
Nov 5 2010, 9:32 pm
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Nov 17 2010, 6:39 am DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I don't know what a Brick Breaker is, but I assume so.

And there is no criteria for complexity because a big part of this contest is how fun the game is. Maps don't need to be complex to be fun. You could probably make "Plants vs Zombies" in a day on StarCraft 2 and that this is a top-seller.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 17 2010, 1:43 pm LoveLess Post #22

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I think Zombie Arcade needs to return from the depths of Brood War...

Maybe as something besides zombies though. :P

None.

Nov 19 2010, 5:16 am payne Post #23

:payne:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1074097891#1
I've made some shameless promotion for the contest. I hope we can get some more contestants! :)
If admins dislike my initiative, please take contact with me and I'll change the information that contains the post.

None.

Nov 19 2010, 6:39 pm Tempz Post #24

Staredit, Sc2Mapster GOOOO >:O

Anywho we need more advertisement of sen, I full hearty agree with Payne...

None.

Nov 19 2010, 7:40 pm payne Post #25

Quote from Tempz

Not sure why "Sc2Mapster" is there. :/

Anyways, I think Jack and myself both decided to start advertising SEN over the B.net forums. I often see him posting links to our wiki, just like I do, and I also try to post some of SEN's activities and motivate people to come to Map Nights.

None.

Nov 19 2010, 10:16 pm Jack Post #26

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from payne
Quote from Tempz

Anyways, I think Jack and myself both decided to start advertising SEN over the B.net forums. I often see him posting links to our wiki, just like I do, and I also try to post some of SEN's activities and motivate people to come to Map Nights.
Although you spamvertise more than me, I just help people out by linking to SEN wiki or affiliates' pages if we don't have it :P

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 20 2010, 2:30 am payne Post #27

Quote from Jack
Quote from payne
Quote from Tempz

Although you spamvertise more than me, I just help people out by linking to SEN wiki or affiliates' pages if we don't have it :P
That's just how I am. :awesome:
Anyways, I believe every single time I link to our wiki, the link it relevant to the situation. If you think I'm abusing, just tell me. :><:

None.

Nov 20 2010, 7:04 pm Tempz Post #28

The power of wiki's... so I think Payne has coined spamvertised more than anyone else in this community... *Cough* any who did any one find out on how to anything really complicated with the galaxy edit?

None.

Nov 20 2010, 9:34 pm DevliN Post #29

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

That's sort of a loaded question. Since there is no definitive list of what the editor can and can't do (and we don't know the limits of the editor per se), "complicated" seems like a relative concept in the grand scheme of things. What could be complicated to one person could be the easiest thing to do for another. It would probably be easier to just come up with something you think would be complicated and ask how it can be done.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 21 2010, 10:25 pm payne Post #30

Ending exams are coming extremely fast, and I do not have enough knowledge of the Data Editor to continue with my current project.
Sorry all, but my project is abandoned. I'll wait for the next Arcade Contest to finish it.

None.

Nov 25 2010, 4:44 am Roy Post #31

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

There's a November contest?!

Sorry family, but Thanksgiving is going to be spent at the computer. I hope I can make something nice with the time remaining...

Nov 25 2010, 5:10 am DevliN Post #32

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from payne
I'll wait for the next Arcade Contest to finish it.
There probably wont be another Arcade Game-themed SEN contest. We're trying not to repeat themes. :)

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 25 2010, 9:43 am payne Post #33

Quote from DevliN
Quote from payne
There probably wont be another Arcade Game-themed SEN contest. We're trying not to repeat themes. :)
Orly?
Quote from DevliN
Nope, this is the one for November. We also have another lined up for December.

EDIT:
We will have more similar to this in the future as well, don't worry.

None.

Nov 25 2010, 2:03 pm NicholasBeige Post #34

Quote from payne
Quote from DevliN
Quote from payne
Orly?
Quote from DevliN
Nope, this is the one for November. We also have another lined up for December.

EDIT:
We will have more similar to this in the future as well, don't worry.

Yeah DevliN... I said I couldn't participate in this month but that I had an awesome concept for an arcade-style shooter... The quote payne gave (which I now quote again) was your reply to me :P

None.

Nov 25 2010, 7:35 pm DevliN Post #35

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Interesting. Yeah, that's not at all what I meant. I meant that we're going to hold the contests monthly like we did in the past. Your post was that you wanted us to push the contest because you didn't have time to work on a project for it. I said no, essentially saying this is the contest for November and there will be another one in December. I then edited the post to add that there will be more of them in the future, so you can enter those. No where in that post was I talking about the theme of this, as you kept referring to the contest, not the contest's theme. If by "contest" you meant the theme, then I can see the confusion.

My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 6 2010, 10:29 pm aalleecc248 Post #36

So the contest ended a while ago, and I don't think there were many entries. When are the results going to come in?

None.

Dec 7 2010, 1:35 am DevliN Post #37

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I have my scores done, and Devourer has disappeared unfortunately. I'll post them up tomorrow after I come down from my caffeine high from marathoning WoW Cataclysm.

My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 7 2010, 5:43 pm Devourer Post #38

Hello

Err.. sorry, but you can still let me test them if wanted.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 7 2010, 11:45 pm DevliN Post #39

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Awesome, I'll PM them to you tonight, then.

My Overwatch addiction.

Dec 10 2010, 7:27 pm Biophysicist Post #40

There should be a contest to make an RTS some time, imo.

EDIT: If there was such a contest I'd actually finish something, incidentally.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 10 2010, 7:29 pm by Biophysicist. Reason: The Game.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum