Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Blizzard's SCII Balance Statistics
Blizzard's SCII Balance Statistics
Oct 8 2010, 7:29 pm
By: CecilSunkure  

Oct 10 2010, 8:23 pm CecilSunkure Post #21

Quote from name:Cardinal
Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from name:Cardinal
The Hydralisk needs an HP or Movement Speed boost...
It's called creep.
And you show me one replay where Creep actually makes a damn difference during a Zerg attack...
Creep During Attack
Lack of Mobility (creep) Ending in Loss
Idra Creep Spread + Hydra Timing

In the first and last link, the hydralisks can attack due to the ability to kite and or retreat given by the creep. In the second replay, a lack of creep resulted in abused harass.

Quote from Neki
To be honest, Blizzard shouldn't be balancing their game around low-level play, it wouldn't make any sense at all.
Well actually, they cater to high level play as top priority. Once that is taken care of, they try to cater to the rest without modifying or affecting anything in higher level matches. It's of course a good thing to make all races equally difficult to play, thus balancing low bronze matches. Although, this is done in lower priority than making sure the capabilities of each race are equal.

None.

Oct 10 2010, 9:32 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #22

I always have the most trouble vs. Zerg. Now they're getting better? God damn it.

None.

Oct 11 2010, 12:39 am ClansAreForGays Post #23

baneling burst is overrated vs T. I've been rushing lair and dropping 2 spine crawlers at their entrance with ovie creep. The gold I play usually aren't experienced against someone who doesn't get bane.

Early MarineMaruder beats it though (not MMM though) :{ what do you find beats MM with z the most?

Oct 11 2010, 6:51 pm Fisty Post #24

What they fail to see is that, maybe while Zerg doesn't lose as much, that doesn't mean they aren't underpowered, and it sure as hell doesn't mean they aren't the most boring race to play. Although my opinion is slightly bias since I play Zerg myself.

One other thing I notice is that Zerg also tends to have a higher APM than everyone else, just sayin'.

None.

Oct 12 2010, 1:53 am Cam Post #25

Quote from ClansAreForGays
baneling burst is overrated vs T. I've been rushing lair and dropping 2 spine crawlers at their entrance with ovie creep. The gold I play usually aren't experienced against someone who doesn't get bane.

Early MarineMaruder beats it though (not MMM though) :{ what do you find beats MM with z the most?

To beat the really early pushes -3 maraduers -10 rines you can really only use zling/baneling, but a mid game push will get crushed by hydras/infestor.

None.

Oct 12 2010, 2:12 am Decency Post #26

Quote from ClansAreForGays

If you see 3-4 rax just rush to pump out Infestors and you annihilate MM. A few banelings and a lot of zerglings to follow should win easily.

If you're facing earlier aggression than that by a small squad, a couple of sunkens and ling surround should handle it. Just have your lings out in the map and when he goes to bust come in from behind so he can't micro anywhere.

I'm high plat Terran regularly beating Diamond players (and wondering why I haven't been promoted yet), if that matters. =o

None.

Oct 12 2010, 2:36 am xYoshix Post #27

Zerg is gonna be overpowered in ZvZ... ^^

None.

Oct 12 2010, 2:43 am Neki Post #28

Quote from xYoshix
Zerg is gonna be overpowered in ZvZ... ^^
Reminds me of when people say "Terran is overpowered" in TvT, it's probably my favourite saying. I still believe Zerg needs the help, but let's hope Blizzard does a better job this time with bug-testing before they actually patch. :lol:

None.

Oct 13 2010, 2:18 pm KrayZee Post #29

Quote from CecilSunkure
[*]The Barracks are going to require a Supply Depot, which will impact a lot of early terran reaper pushes.
[*]The reaper speed upgrade will require the Factory, which is meant to weaken a lot of the early terran reaper attacks that dominate so many matches, especially in team games.
While I am against the idea of building a supply depot before the Barracks because it sounds atrocious. But come to think of it, I somewhat agree that Barracks should require supply depots. Protoss players always build Pylons before Gateways, because they can't build a Gateway since it requires pylon power. What would be a better idea is if Tech Labs require a supply depot.

I'm not very fond of the idea requiring a Factory to unlock the speed upgrade for reapers.

None.

Options
  Back to forum