Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: December 21st, 2012
December 21st, 2012
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Nov 21 2007, 12:11 am
By: ShinRa
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 >

Mar 6 2008, 5:35 pm frazz Post #221

I don't think anyone, save the topic creator, was thinking that [the world was actually going to end, or that black whole would have any affect on us at all].

None.

Mar 6 2008, 11:17 pm midget_man_66 Post #222

but...dood. i didnt real all twleve pages of this topic lol. i was reacting to the topic's first post, and to what i have heard...once again man, srry. i didnt know enough before i posted. shoulda read.

None.

Mar 7 2008, 1:15 am Moose Post #223

We live in a society.

My main issue with the whole thing is that time is a human-created concept. If the world comes to an end naturally, we do not dictate when that happens.

Mar 7 2008, 2:41 am frazz Post #224

Just like we can't dictate what time Lost will be on tonight. It's all arbitrary.

None.

Mar 7 2008, 8:22 pm Vi3t-X Post #225

That is correct, Lost will be on 8:00 Terran-Capitol-EST

None.

Mar 8 2008, 11:07 pm Syphon Post #226

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
My main issue with the whole thing is that time is a human-created concept. If the world comes to an end naturally, we do not dictate when that happens.

When the last Human conscience is extinguished, time will not magically stop. Time is not a man-created concept. Measurement of time is.

None.

Mar 13 2008, 2:22 pm Kainami Post #227

It's amazing how much frazz owned everyone and how everyone else that haven't been knocked down persists in repeating their predecessors. Cold, hard facts is what humans unconsciously know is true. Sorry for this example, Christians, but the Church was in outrage when Newton discovered the laws of gravity. Sorry for ruining your fairy tale. I usually don't act against religion, but seriously, what does religion have to do with the predictions of doomsday. Well, I predict everyone will one day, die. I hope someone publishes that as conformational proof, just because I said it 5000years before another predicted doomsday is going to occur.

None.

Mar 13 2008, 3:16 pm JordanN Post #228

Quote from Kainami
I usually don't act against religion, but seriously, what does religion have to do with the predictions of doomsday. Well, I predict everyone will one day, die. I hope someone publishes that as conformational proof, just because I said it 5000years before another predicted doomsday is going to occur.

Well to answer the Christianity part of why they are associated is because unniformed Christians misinterpret different parts of the bible and claim it as a date or a sudden time but in the bible it mentions no one knows except God himself when the world will end. All though for other other religions I don't really see them talking about it as much.

Anyways, people are hyping this date too much. Just because a calender ends and their magical predictions about the future? The same people who believed that if they didn't rip the heart out of an innocent victim every evening, the sun wouldn't rise the next morning. :D

None.

Mar 24 2008, 5:24 pm Syphon Post #229

Quote from JordanN
Quote from Kainami
I usually don't act against religion, but seriously, what does religion have to do with the predictions of doomsday. Well, I predict everyone will one day, die. I hope someone publishes that as conformational proof, just because I said it 5000years before another predicted doomsday is going to occur.

Well to answer the Christianity part of why they are associated is because unniformed Christians misinterpret different parts of the bible and claim it as a date or a sudden time but in the bible it mentions no one knows except God himself when the world will end. All though for other other religions I don't really see them talking about it as much.

Anyways, people are hyping this date too much. Just because a calender ends and their magical predictions about the future? The same people who believed that if they didn't rip the heart out of an innocent victim every evening, the sun wouldn't rise the next morning. :D

You know nothing of the Mayans.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 11:38 pm JordanN Post #230

Quote from Syphon

Mayans. An ancient civilization that dates back a loooong time ago. They lived in an area of present day central America. They believed a vulture on a cactus was god. (How ridiculous can you get. :lol: ) They were also quite exceptionally skilled at astronomy,math,medicine and war. They believe in 2012, a new age will occur. All though there are many mis-translations on this account so it's not sure what exactly is that. All I can say is, you can predict but it wont always come true.

Shove that down your mouth-hole. Syphon.

Also, I can't wait till they discover some ancient tribe living in France, that predict the world will explode on a certain date.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 11:44 pm FlyingHat Post #231

Quote from JordanN
They believed a vulture on a cactus was god. (How ridiculous can you get. :lol:
I'll bet my brain that if you were a Mayan child half a century ago, you would have believed it just as much as Tom Cruise beleived in scientology.

None.

Mar 24 2008, 11:47 pm Aster Post #232

GG Earth. Tarsonis is next.

Wtf. December 12th is the day before my birthday.
A great big cosmic "screw you"?

edit: wtf. 12th or 21st?

None.

Mar 24 2008, 11:47 pm JordanN Post #233

Quote from FlyingHat
Quote from JordanN
They believed a vulture on a cactus was god. (How ridiculous can you get. :lol:
I'll bet my brain that if you were a Mayan child half a century ago, you would have believed it just as much as Tom Cruise beleived in scientology.

Ok, I bet you one meeeeeelllllion dollars that I wouldn't of believed in such moose crap.

Edit: For once, Dapperdan does something right. I advise you go to step 2, and uh, lock topic.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 25 2008, 12:38 am by JordanN.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 12:29 am Dapperdan Post #234

I am 2 seconds away from closing this topic. Stop going off-topic if you guys want to continue this piece of crap discussion as it was.

*completes deleting rampage*

None.

Mar 25 2008, 1:36 am Syphon Post #235

Quote from JordanN
Quote from Syphon

Mayans. An ancient civilization that dates back a loooong time ago. They lived in an area of present day central America. They believed a vulture on a cactus was god. (How ridiculous can you get. :lol: ) They were also quite exceptionally skilled at astronomy,math,medicine and war. They believe in 2012, a new age will occur. All though there are many mis-translations on this account so it's not sure what exactly is that. All I can say is, you can predict but it wont always come true.

Shove that down your mouth-hole. Syphon.

Also, I can't wait till they discover some ancient tribe living in France, that predict the world will explode on a certain date.

You believe a flaming dove, an Easter zombie, and an invisible omniscient presence is God. Lol, how ridiculous can you get?

They were polytheistic, and "the mistranslation card" doesn't fucking work here. They calculated the mesoamerican long count calendar in periods of 5,125 years. December 21, 2012 is the first time this interval repeats. They were aware it would, but made no predictions what would actually happen, only theorized it may be the creation of the fifth world. Furthermore, the only human sacrifices they made were of war prisoners, who were hardly "innocent."

None.

Mar 25 2008, 2:06 am JordanN Post #236

Quote from Syphon

You believe a flaming dove, an Easter zombie, and an invisible omniscient presence is God. Lol, how ridiculous can you get?

They were polytheistic, and "the mistranslation card" doesn't fucking work here. They calculated the mesoamerican long count calendar in periods of 5,125 years. December 21, 2012 is the first time this interval repeats. They were aware it would, but made no predictions what would actually happen, only theorized it may be the creation of the fifth world. Furthermore, the only human sacrifices they made were of war prisoners, who were hardly "innocent."

Fuck man, calm down. I know they were great at that stuff but I'm just saying anything predicted will not always come true.
Edit: A flaming dove? Wtf?

None.

Mar 25 2008, 2:14 am Syphon Post #237

And I'm saying they didn't predict anything.

Holy Spirit.

None.

Mar 25 2008, 3:43 am Laura.47 Post #238

You know, there have been end-time predictions like these for ages upon ages. I could ask my lover's parents for some of the years that were supposed to be the end of the world, but I seriously don't want to waste their time.

Point being, such predictions have happened all throughout human history, this is nothing new. :\

I'm going to stop worrying about such things and just move along, it'll do me good to just forget this stuff. People, IMO, need to stop drawing meaning from ancient predictions. What the hell is reality, a really bad SNES RPG? Y'alls are making it out to be one. :P

None.

Mar 25 2008, 7:04 pm Demented Shaman Post #239

Syphon is just arguing semantics.

None.

May 16 2008, 2:29 am FlyingHat Post #240

Quote from Sorrow_Faith
Apparently, Matchbox Twenty also thinks the world's gonna end. lol ^^ 1
Look at the date of the last post in a topic before you post. As you can see, this topic has been dead for around a month.

Now, die topic.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 >
  Back to forum