Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Staredit Wallpapers
Staredit Wallpapers
Aug 8 2010, 6:54 pm
By: Apos
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Aug 9 2010, 1:19 am Devourer Post #21

Hello

Way too many stars in the background and all the same size is not looking good.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Aug 9 2010, 1:21 am Aristocrat Post #22

Quote from Devourer
not looking good.

Quote from Aristocrat
3 minutes.

What, you expect me to manually place stars when I can just do "add noise"?

None.

Aug 9 2010, 1:22 am Devourer Post #23

Hello

Ya, I do ;)

Aug 9 2010, 1:25 am NudeRaider Post #24

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Our slogan is "pushing StarCraft Mapmaking to the limit"...

Oh and yes, the noise looks like noise, not like stars. If you're going for a serious attempt, please put more effort into it.

Aug 9 2010, 1:26 am Aristocrat Post #25

Quote from Devourer
Ya, I do ;)

Fine, have your starless version with a lens flaresun added >_>.

None.

Aug 9 2010, 1:28 am NudeRaider Post #26

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Still looking like noise. Red / green / blue stars? wtf?

Also something is wrong with the planets in the middle.

Aug 9 2010, 1:32 am Devourer Post #27

Hello

Ya, those planets look like they had dark plasma shields :awesome:

Aug 9 2010, 1:35 am Aristocrat Post #28

Quote from Devourer
Ya, those planets look like they had dark plasma shields :awesome:

Quick, make a UMS from this concept! :awesome:

They were black before the lens flare occurred lmao. Do you want me to actually fix the visual inconsistencies? This did start as a joke BG to demonstrate that planets are mad easy to make.

None.

Aug 9 2010, 1:46 am DavidJCobb Post #29

Quote from Aristocrat
And what's with this fad of being easily impressed by Photoshop planets that take 2 minutes to make?
THEY LOOK EPIC AND GLOSSY AND WOULD TAKE HOURS OR DAYS IN ANY OTHER PROGRAM, AND CANNOT BE DRAWN IN NEARLY THE SAME LEVEL OF QUALITY WHEN USING A TRADITIONAL PENCIL AND PAPER.

Something like this official SCII artwork, but original, would be nice. Anyone here good at drawin' landscapes?

None.

Aug 9 2010, 1:53 am Aristocrat Post #30

Quote from DavidJCobb
Quote from Aristocrat
And what's with this fad of being easily impressed by Photoshop planets that take 2 minutes to make?
THEY LOOK EPIC AND GLOSSY AND WOULD TAKE HOURS OR DAYS IN ANY OTHER PROGRAM, AND CANNOT BE DRAWN IN NEARLY THE SAME LEVEL OF QUALITY WHEN USING A TRADITIONAL PENCIL AND PAPER.

Something like this official SCII artwork, but original, would be nice. Anyone here good at drawin' landscapes?

David, your link is broken ;o.

If you want landscapes, look into Terragen. It's an excellent program but it takes a while to learn how to use it to get what you want. There should be tutorials/galleries on deviantArt.

EDIT> Lol removing the noise layer dropped the filesize by 1 MB.

None.

Aug 9 2010, 1:58 am Centreri Post #31

Relatively ancient and inactive

Those are some crappy planets, Aristo. Colored noise, bad shadow (zoom in on bottom-left portion of planets), crappy sun. No atmosphere oversized planet features, bad 'nebula'... Is that REALLY the best you can do? Lol

None.

Aug 9 2010, 2:24 am Jack Post #32

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Centreri
Those are some crappy planets, Aristo. Colored noise, bad shadow (zoom in on bottom-left portion of planets), crappy sun. No atmosphere oversized planet features, bad 'nebula'... Is that REALLY the best you can do? Lol
Unfortunately I gotta agree, even I could do better in probably 15 minutes with GIMP. In fact, the only good planet in this topic is dem0n's one and he probably stoled that one.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 9 2010, 2:30 am Apos Post #33

I order you to forgive yourself!

Don't worry, I'm almost done my after beta version, it will be less crowded than the first ones. (I don't like wallpapers that got too much in it since icons will make it look bad.)

Aug 9 2010, 4:42 am poiuy_qwert Post #34

PyMS and ProTRG developer

I've always loved spacey wallpapers, so seeing these made me want to give it a shot! Here is my first attempt:

Aug 9 2010, 4:48 am Centreri Post #35

Relatively ancient and inactive

Boring planets, awkward alignment, horrible background.

None.

Aug 9 2010, 5:11 am Generalpie Post #36

Staredit Puckwork

Quote from Centreri
Good ol' Cent :awesome: but rly i like any wallpaper... im tempted to make one myself

None.

Aug 9 2010, 5:15 am Aristocrat Post #37

Quote from name:Zilean
Quote from Centreri
Good ol' Cent :awesome: but rly i like any wallpaper... im tempted to make one myself

Please spare yourself (and us) if it's going to look like poiuyqwert's >_>.

But so far only one person has put serious effort into a wallpaper in this thread :awesome:. I wonder what apos can come up with.

None.

Aug 9 2010, 9:38 am Apos Post #38

I order you to forgive yourself!

First version:

Aug 9 2010, 10:49 am NudeRaider Post #39

Agreed. Apos' background is by far the best.

Also poiuy_qwert totally stole his from the trillian logo :lol:

So be gentle with him because he had the right basic idea. :P

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2010, 2:24 pm by NudeRaider.

Aug 9 2010, 12:52 pm poiuy_qwert Post #40

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Quote from NudeRaider
Also poiuy_qwert totally stole his from the trillian logo :lol:
Lol, thats a good one. I did the planets like that because its like a "network", but I like your idea :P

I don't see why mine is so bad, and noone gives any constructive critisism around here :( The only thing I knew was bad was the starfield, didn't notice it turned out so bad since I did the last half of it zoomed out. The planets are simplistic since I didn't want it to be too buzy, seeing as the gas cloud filling the background was pretty busy in itself (and personal preference).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 9 2010, 1:21 pm by poiuy_qwert.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum