Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: (2) Hill Conquerer
(2) Hill Conquerer
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 25 2010, 12:29 pm
By: Darknessmanlol  

Jul 25 2010, 12:29 pm Darknessmanlol Post #1

Yo everyone. This is my first map that i ever finished! First one to not get deleted by my failure of a hard drive either!:P

Anyways, Last night, as I looked through the maps, i sat myself down and literally smacked myself. I said to myself "I should make this map.." and so i did.

Hill Conqueror is a simple, long land 1v1 Melee map. It is capable of multiple chances, such as the amount of players there are.. it can easily be changed from 2 to 4, but it will be all the more cramped!

Why you should play this-
Well, Hill conqueror is, to my knowledge, rather original yet dull. Oh boy, a hill in the center.. So what? Well, you may start with large resources, but those wont last forever! The hill itself serves as a Strategic Point for both people, which causes more clashes and more edge of your seat action that SC offers! On the Hill is even more resources then down at your spawn. Plus, this is a new map and ti would make me happy to know someone is playing it.

How long it took to make so far-
Literally, 1 hour and 34 minutes. That includes evening the map, and adding doodads which later got removed by me on complete accident. Re adding them when Im not lazy anymore of course..

What should you do now-
1- Help me get that Screenshot piece
2- Download Map
3- Test it out
5- Comment
6- Notice I skipped 4
7- Chuckle and go get some ice Cream.

Hope you enjoy!

Edit: Added the Screenshot that Imagedio gave me. Thank you for that again! :3

Attachments:
Hill Conquerer.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 36.69kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jul 25 2010, 10:44 pm by Darknessmanlol.

None.

Jul 25 2010, 3:29 pm Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

You're using SCMDraft right? There should be a button next to the save button that says "Save Image." Click that and save the image of the map. Then, go onto a picture hosting site (photobucket, tinypic, etc) and upload your picture, and post the [img] code here. :)

Jul 25 2010, 8:01 pm ImagoDeo Post #3

Lol. Excalibur is going to TEAR YOU APART.

None.

Jul 25 2010, 8:08 pm Dem0n Post #4

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

:hurr: Oh god. Run while you can.

Jul 25 2010, 10:45 pm Darknessmanlol Post #5

Quote from ImagoDeo

Lol. Excalibur is going to TEAR YOU APART.
Wait Whaaat?

None.

Jul 25 2010, 10:59 pm Devourer Post #6

Hello

Excalibur is a friendly member who will give ya thousands of advices about how to make a good melee map :)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jul 25 2010, 11:05 pm Excalibur Post #7

The sword and the faith

Greetings Darkness, I am Excalibur, lord, executioner, god, executioner, judge, executioner, jury, and if necessary executioner, of the melee section.

I am sorry to say you have incurred my godly wrath with this....'thing' you've posted.

Here in SEN's melee section the only type of melee map we support are those of the balanced type. IE maps that contain no balance, no concept, and have no competitive value are not only discouraged but outright not allowed here. My advice to you is as follows:
Read these resources we've made as you should have done before you even posted. Failure to read them and follow their instructions will result in stolen credit card information to purchase a plane ticket that I might execute you in the most public place of your hometown. After I turn your computer into a toaster oven that is.

Anyway, this map cannot be salvaged and has no value, so, topic locked.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
  Back to forum