Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Handing Temple Siege down
Handing Temple Siege down
Jul 22 2010, 10:38 pm
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Jul 28 2010, 4:02 pm Lingie Post #41

God damn, you kids are still fighting over Temple Siege?

Though it probably doesn't matter much, lemme' throw out my opinion: Let it die. SC2 is out now, and no matter what, other Multiplayer Online Battle Arena games are going to keep getting better while the SC1 engine is only more and more outdated. TS didn't look like it brought much to SEN other then its own spinoff of a new era, where everyone revolved their lives around it like it was a gift from god.. Only to be shortly followed by troublemakers, hate threads, other forum and Op SEN problems.. The list went on.

If anyone who would want to take the map would want to do something worth the time.. Unfortunally (or fortunally, for those who'd prefer) SC2 is what you'd want to be using.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Jul 28 2010, 4:37 pm Dem0n Post #42

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

...They're talking about who will make the map in SC2.

Lolwut am i saying. I misread the first post. O.o

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 28 2010, 6:08 pm by Dem0nS1ayer.

Jul 28 2010, 4:40 pm Wing Zero Post #43

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

that was not CAFG's reason for making the topic...

Jul 28 2010, 10:45 pm Lingie Post #44

On a personal level, as yourself if any map like this for SC1 would ever get out of this phase right here. Seriously. You're going to be stuck debating who would take it next after that, then that, then that if the first successor leaves, or becomes unreliable.

Best thing to do? Don't dwell on the past, grow on it.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Aug 4 2010, 1:36 am NinjaOtis Post #45

And who are you speaking? Kinda out of place

None.

Sep 11 2010, 6:38 pm ClansAreForGays Post #46

Bump. Noticed TS is strangely getting hosted more again, and 1.7 is completely dead. So anyone want to take the mantle? I've got a half finished version CT to give.

Sep 11 2010, 7:19 pm FlashBeer Post #47

1.7 Is not dead, I am still working on it. Though, it is taking a while since I can't test it, and almost nobody is willing to host for me. Which is ironic, because there are people that would like to test but can't host.

None.

Sep 17 2010, 2:04 am ClansAreForGays Post #48

http://www.staredit.net/?member=874 has agreed to take over Temple Siege.

Sep 17 2010, 3:51 am Jack Post #49

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from ClansAreForGays
http://www.staredit.net/?member=874 has agreed to take over Temple Siege.
ETEFT's my mate and all but I still feel this is a bad idea :O

TS2 is being made BTW kekeke sekrit message

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 17 2010, 3:57 am ETEFT(U) Post #50

Why do you feel that this is a bad idea Jack? I am not going to add anything that isnt NEEDED to TS... and I feel like I can support TS with the attention it requires.

And TS2 oorly? In sc2 I hope..!

None.

Sep 17 2010, 4:06 am Jack Post #51

Quote from ETEFT(U)
Why do you feel that this is a bad idea Jack? I am not going to add anything that isnt NEEDED to TS... and I feel like I can support TS with the attention it requires.

Yeah in SC2. And basically cos you're immature :P

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Sep 17 2010, 4:08 am payne Post #52

:payne:

Quote from Jack
Quote from ETEFT(U)

Yeah in SC2. And basically cos you're immature :P
This. And you can't deny it. ;o

None.

Sep 17 2010, 4:15 am ETEFT(U) Post #53

I am immature.. and I won't deny it? But sometimes being immature is good and sometimes it isn't... How is that going to affect the way I handle / run TS and its outcome? Not very much I would hope so. (Actually I know so.) I am not always immature, I am very mature if you REALLY get to know me. I am like Sir GaGa except no vagina/penis scandal... I only choose which side you want to see of me, poker face. So like I said in the other topic you really do not have to worry about me running it. I am going to do my 110% best and make sure TS prospers like it is now and continue to expand and grow.

Oh and just incase you didnt read my other post here it is:

I don't want anyone to worry about anything either.. I am not going to implement crazy.. lets say "godly" ideas into TS either. I am just going to make what the community wants/needs, and aswell add some features I FEEL that TS requires. Also you should look out for the TS contests I am going to be running for CASH! Yes.. I am going to be putting in my own money for people to play TS and enjoy. But thats enough hints of whats to come in the future.

None.

Sep 17 2010, 9:27 am NudeRaider Post #54

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Yeah, make ts commercial. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Sep 17 2010, 12:30 pm ETEFT(U) Post #55

Quote from NudeRaider

I can do that, great idea Nude! It would have to have epic battle music and combat scenes though.

None.

Sep 17 2010, 11:48 pm Jack Post #56

Quote from ETEFT(U)
Quote from NudeRaider

I can do that, great idea Nude! It would have to have epic battle music and combat scenes though.
I believe Nude was being sarcastic. There isn't a large enough player base for that, and I don't know if there ever was.

Red classic.

Sep 18 2010, 12:32 am ETEFT(U) Post #57

Even if he was being sarcastic, still doesn't mean a commercial to advertise tourneys and such is a bad idea.. I actually know someone who can do this for me and it would come out looking crisp and fresh.

And PS - I did catch onto his sarcasm.

None.

Sep 18 2010, 12:36 am ClansAreForGays Post #58

He's an active mapper. An active experienced mapper. An active experienced aos mapper.

And if you don't like it, then I guess you should have volunteered or convinced someone you liked in these TWO MONTHS.

And even if you think money prizes won't make the tourny's better, you can't argue that it would somehow make them worse...

Sep 18 2010, 5:19 am UnholyUrine Post #59

Yeah in SC2. And basically cos you're immature
If he's immature then what am I?

And even if you think money prizes won't make the tourny's better, you can't argue that it would somehow make them worse...
Yes, but I can argue that it's a waste of time and money :P

None.

Sep 18 2010, 5:28 am Jack Post #60

You're mature compared to ETEFT :P

Red classic.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum