Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Touhou Hisoutensoku
Touhou Hisoutensoku
Jul 2 2010, 3:20 am
By: Phobos
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1019 >

Oct 28 2010, 1:36 am Phobos Post #141

Are you sure about that?

Or you could not do the last hit when your opponent blocks. After some succesful blocks, you actually do the third hit as they will be accustomed to the idea of only 2 hits and then counter hit to the face.

And no sand wraith, some combos are also character dependant and are somewhat complicated... More than just 623b/c in a flash. I can pull it off but in the middle of a fight, I forget to 6C right after 5AA with Utsuho.

this is signature

Oct 28 2010, 2:15 am Sand Wraith Post #142

she/her

Yea, I know that combos are really difficult. I was just trying to troll. :l

Relearning Alice is pretty fun.

Rekenber is a pretty cool guy.

and so on

Oct 28 2010, 10:24 am MadZombie Post #143

But Suwako > Alice.

errday

None.

Oct 29 2010, 12:05 am Phobos Post #144

Are you sure about that?

Alice is somewhat interesting. There is just this huge blindspot between her f5A and 5A...

this is signature

Oct 30 2010, 3:26 am Aristocrat Post #145

Just messed around for a few games against Hydro; I've observed this much:
  • His alice has improved substantially; zoning, okizeme, and skill usage are much better than previously
  • He can now deal with pressure fairly well; doesn't mash out recklessly anymore.

I've also observed some of the flaws we have:
  • Hydro can block Trickster Devil exactly 0% of the time.
  • He has problems with crossups in general, essentially. j.5A crossup or even groundteching can lead to him getting caught in a combo.
  • Hydro doesn't punish moves like Rocket Dive very well; occasionally whiffs the punish and gets hit for it.
  • Hydro spams 66A with Alice... A lot. I actually don't know how to punish that, so he just uses it as often as he feels like trolling me.
  • I suck at inputting 236; they keep turning into 623, which is really, really bad when you are Remilia :<
  • I have terrible movement issues with Remilia; cannot control her very well, not enough j.2A and bad zoning.
  • I lack airtight pressure; rely too much on staggered melee and it's easy to escape from with highjumps
  • I don't punish highjumps as often as I could have.
  • I am bad at chasing people who ceilinghug.

None.

Oct 30 2010, 3:48 am Sand Wraith Post #146

she/her

623 (keyboard, arrow keys) =

hit 6
swap 6 with 2, and hold 2
holding 2, hit 6 and hold 6
hit B or C

Same principle with 421.

Oct 30 2010, 12:55 pm MadZombie Post #147

hit 6
hit B or C

Same principle with 421.
Thats how I learned. Sand taught me how :3

Play against my Suwako guis :C

None.

Oct 30 2010, 1:47 pm Aristocrat Post #148

Quote from Sand Wraith

hit 6
hit B or C

Same principle with 421.

I can input 623 just fine; but I keep misinputting 236 as 623. Why else do you think I DP'd you so much as Remilia?

None.

Oct 30 2010, 3:25 pm Sand Wraith Post #149

she/her

623 and 236 are really different even if they do use the same keys.

236 =

hit 2, hold 2
hit 6, while holding 2
release 2, keep holding 6
hit B or C

Oct 30 2010, 4:46 pm MadZombie Post #150

No need for the 3? Seriously? That just blew my fucking mind. Also for the first time ever I realized you can lose an orb to do what the rainment spellcard does (right?). At least I think that's what I did. What is did I do exactly? Fly button at the same time a melee hit lands = melee graze? wut.

http://www.vidbox.org/video/IQpIHeFxIr0/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_voice_mod__messing_around_with_all_characters_23.html

:awesome:

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 31 2010, 4:34 pm by f(._. )z.

None.

Oct 31 2010, 6:44 pm Sand Wraith Post #151

she/her

I saw something like that on YT and I thought it was interesting at first, but then I hated it. True story. It was just really annoying. :l

now, loli time

-Youmu getting hit by Sakuya's stop-stopping watch: *hides behind sword*
-Yuyuko's face on wrongblocking a high attack (while crouch-blocking): *covers head, funny facial expression*
-Remilia on crouch-block: *completely covers head*
-Sanae lying down: *reminds me of Rukia. Adorable*
-Komachi shoot bullets: *handssss*
-Suwako: Suwako
-Suika on wrong block and guard crush: *facial expression*

I should get screenies. lol

Oct 31 2010, 9:18 pm Aristocrat Post #152

[10:51] <+Aristocrat> what character to put in tourney banner
[10:51] <+DNKanann> Komachi
[10:51] <+Aristocrat> k

This is a ONE DAY Hisoutensoku Tournament. If you heard about this from #hisouten then you probably have the correct version already, but if not, update your game client to v1.10 here. (Your SWR client should be updated to v1.06 as well.)

ALL TIMES MENTIONED FROM HERE ON ARE IN EST UNLESS MENTIONED OTHERWISE (Eastern Standard Time, UTC -5). No, this is not because I believe the world revolves around America, but because it's more convenient for me to refer to times in my local time zone.

The EU tournament will begin at 2:00 PM EST, or 7:00 PM WET, 8:00 PM CET, 9:00 PM EET, or 10:00 PM MSK depending on where you live. NA tournament begins 5:00 PM EST, or when the EU tournament ends, whichever comes last.

The only registration requirement is access to Rizon's IRC network. If you do not have an IRC client, use Rizon's webchat interface. To register, sign into IRC with the nick you will be using for the tournament, and query or msg Aristocrat with a message indicating that you want to participate. (INCLUDE YOUR GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION! i.e. North America/EU.) Please do not /notice or shout out in #hisouten because it can slip by unnoticed.

Alternatively, register by posting here. However, you will still need IRC access for the tourney itself.

You have until 2:00 PM, Saturday, November 13 to sign up for the EU tournament. You may register at any time before then, and registration order will not affect your seeding. Similarly, you can register for the NA tournament at any point before it starts.

The Tournament will begin on 2:00 PM EST, Saturday, November 13.

NOTE: Please forward your ports so that you may host. If you do not know how to forward ports, visit http://portforward.com/. If you are unable to forward port 10800, attempt to host with port 80 (default HTTP port). This is to ensure that we do not hit a situation where neither participant is able to host. Have Hamachi on hand if you can't host just to be safe. If you are absolutely unable to host under any circumstance, inform me of the fact beforehand so that I can seed you to minimize the chance of running into someone else who cannot host.

TOURNAMENT DETAILS
  • This tournament uses the double elimination format, Bo3 matches. The "semifinal" match will be a Bo5 round, while the championship match will be a Bo7 round. If the number of participants is low, a Round Robin format will be adopted instead, with Bo3 matches against your opponents.
  • Each round in the tournament is expected to take no more than 30 minutes; Please finish your matches in a timely manner.
  • Participants who are eliminated twice will no longer be able to play in the main tourney. They may still, however, spectate ongoing matches.
  • You may use any character you want, no restrictions. You may change characters whenever needed, although it is recommended that you do not change characters after a win.
ON TOURNAMENT DAY:
  • Show up in #hisoutensoku (NOT #hisouten) on Rizon at some point before 1:45 PM EST. Use the nick you registered under.
  • Wait for me to announce the tournament start. Brackets and current round numbers will be posted in the channel topic.
  • Play your matches against your designated opponent. /query or /notice me the results on IRC and I will update the bracket. (I repeat: Save your replays!)
  • If I receive all match results for a round and 30 minutes is not up yet, I reserve the right to start the next round ahead of schedule.

USEFUL THINGS TO HAVE:
(These are neither required nor necessary for the tournament, but they do enhance your soku netplay experience.)

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE (EST):
EU:
* Round 1: 2:00 - 2:30 PM
* Round 2: 2:30 - 3:00 PM
NA:
* Round 1: 5:00 - 5:30 PM
* Round 2: 5:30 - 6:00 PM

When playing a match, you are expected to save all replays so that you may present them in case of a dispute. Obviously, your profile name must match the name under which you registered for this contest.

IMPORTANT RULES:
  • Things that are forbidden:
    • Iku 5card -> grab glitch.
    • Any sort of hack that provides an unfair advantage.
  • Matches in which one of the above is used are invalidated if someone makes a complaint; the other player can choose to take a default win or have a rematch.
  • Do not pick a field with a bright white or yellow background as they make bullets difficult to see, unless both parties have no problem with it. (Specifically: Shore of Misty Lake, Scarlet Mansion Clock Tower, Fusion Reactor Core, Reactor Elevator, Bhava-Agra.)
  • If you no-show, you will automatically lose the round. If both participants in a match fail to show, they are eliminated.

• If a desync occurs, either settle it by yourselves or have a rematch. In the event that there is significant lag that makes a round completely unplayable, message me on IRC and I will do something about it.

tl;dr Instructions
  1. Message me (Aristocrat) on IRC, tell me if you are NA or EU.
  2. Register before Saturday, Nov 13, 2010.
  3. Show up in #hisoutensoku this Saturday before 2:00 PM EST (EU) or 5:00 PM EST (NA). Pwn lolis.
  4. /query or /notice me the match results. Enjoy the carnage.

None.

Oct 31 2010, 9:35 pm Sand Wraith Post #153

she/her

In other news, I have Touhous crawling over my desktop. Many Touhous.

(source: http://lunaticred.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=utopia&action=print&thread=2344 )

Oct 31 2010, 11:30 pm MadZombie Post #154

None of the links work. Media fire is down or something?

None.

Oct 31 2010, 11:49 pm Sand Wraith Post #155

she/her

Works fine for me. I have an account on MediaFire. I have no idea. I think it's just you though.

EDIT:
filler http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4402/konachancom81534blondeh.jpg

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 1 2010, 1:59 am by Sand Wraith.

Nov 1 2010, 10:28 pm MadZombie Post #156

Sands Alice is the only loli that can break my shields without shield crushing, straight pressure. Aristo you suck :3

None.

Nov 1 2010, 10:34 pm Phobos Post #157

Are you sure about that?

Alice is good at okizeme if you let the dolls go rampart. She can also bait you into moving if you try to avoid the bullets by moving behind the doll. MORE IMPORTANTLY, THIS.

this is signature

Nov 2 2010, 2:26 am Sand Wraith Post #158

she/her

Quote from Phobos
Alice is good at okizeme if you let the dolls go rampart. She can also bait you into moving if you try to avoid the bullets by moving behind the doll. MORE IMPORTANTLY, THIS.

Oh yea? And then what happens when Yuyuko?

FML

but wait

MZ likes Loliko, right?
MZ's waifu, amirite?

Nov 2 2010, 6:06 am Phobos Post #159

Are you sure about that?

Oh God, that picture. AGAIN.

this is signature

Nov 2 2010, 6:25 am Sand Wraith Post #160

she/her

Quote from Phobos
Oh God, that picture. AGAIN.

You sound embarrassed for some reason, Phobos.

I bet that's youmu. jk that can't be youmu

definitely u amirite????

-

When can you soku again? D:

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1019 >
  Back to forum