Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: Touhou Hisoutensoku
Touhou Hisoutensoku
Jul 2 2010, 3:20 am
By: Phobos
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 619 >

Aug 26 2010, 1:03 pm MadZombie Post #61

it goes back to Lvl0 when you use another card
Fucking rage. That ruins this mostly skill card Marisa deck I had going on. QQ. But nice to know.

None.

Aug 26 2010, 9:52 pm Phobos Post #62

Are you sure about that?

You can always use system cards. They greatly boost your abilities or add one time effects to the field which are plainly annoying.

this is signature

Aug 27 2010, 1:46 am MadZombie Post #63

I'm going to keep it to have a variety. I love Marisa move pool. I'll figure it out...

None.

Aug 27 2010, 3:02 am Phobos Post #64

Are you sure about that?

...Marisa's corner pressure is excellent, but she will have trouble getting the opponent there in the first place...

this is signature

Aug 30 2010, 3:14 am Aristocrat Post #65

The Tourney will be hosted on September 18, 2010. EU at 18:00 UTC, and NA at 21:00 UTC.

[center][/center]

This is a ONE DAY Hisoutensoku Tournament. If you heard about this from #hisouten then you probably have the correct version already, but if not, update your game client to v1.10 here. (Your SWR client should be updated to v1.06 as well.)

ALL TIMES MENTIONED FROM HERE ON ARE IN EDT UNLESS MENTIONED OTHERWISE (Eastern Daylight Time, UTC -4); if you live in US East you are in EDT because of daylight savings, not EST.

The EU tournament will begin at 2:00 PM EDT, or 7:00 PM WEDT, 8:00 PM CEDT, 9:00 PM WEDT depending on where you live. NA tournament begins 5:00 PM EDT, or when the EU tournament ends, whichever comes last.

The only registration requirement is access to Rizon's IRC network. If you do not have an IRC client, use Rizon's webchat interface. To register, sign into IRC with the nick you will be using for the tournament, and query Aristocrat with a message indicating that you want to participate. (INCLUDE YOUR GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION! i.e. North America/EU.) Please do not /msg because it can slip by unnoticed.

Alternatively, register by posting here. However, you will still need IRC access for the tourney itself.

You have until 2:00 PM, Saturday, September 18 to sign up for the EU tournament. You may register at any time before then, and registration order will not affect your seeding. Similarly, you can register for the NA tournament at any point before it starts.

The Tournament will begin on 2:00 PM EDT, Saturday, September 18.

NOTE: Please forward your ports so that you may host. If you do not know how to forward ports, visit http://portforward.com/. If you are unable to forward port 10800, attempt to host with port 80 (default HTTP port). This is to ensure that we do not hit a situation where neither participant is able to host. If you are absolutely unable to host under any circumstance, inform me of the fact beforehand so that I can seed you to minimize the chance of running into someone else who cannot host.

(Please do not ask to use Hamachi unless there is no other way for you to play. The default netplay is fine. Really. A "virtual LAN" does not magically make things faster if you're 4000 miles away from your opponent.)

TOURNAMENT DETAILS
  • This tournament uses the double elimination format, Bo3 matches. The championship match will be a Bo5 round.
  • Each round in the tournament is expected to take no more than 30 minutes. Please finish your matches in a timely manner.
  • Participants who are eliminated twice will no longer be able to play in the main tourney. They may still, however, spectate ongoing matches.
  • You may use any character you want. No restrictions. You may change characters whenever needed.
ON TOURNAMENT DAY:
  • Show up in #hisoutensoku (NOT #hisouten) on Rizon at some point before 1:45 PM EDT. Use the nick you registered under.
  • Wait for me to announce the tournament start. Brackets and current round numbers will be posted in the channel topic.
  • Play your matches against your designated opponent. /query or /notice me the results on IRC and I will update the bracket. (I repeat: Save your replays!)
  • If I receive all match results for a round and 30 minutes is not up yet, I reserve the right to start the next round ahead of schedule.

USEFUL THINGS TO HAVE:
(These are neither required nor necessary for the tournament, but they do enhance your soku netplay experience.)

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE (EDT):
EU:
* Round 1: 2:00 - 2:30 PM
* Round 2: 2:30 - 3:00 PM
NA:
* Round 1: 5:00 - 5:30 PM
* Round 2: 5:30 - 6:00 PM

When playing a match, you are expected to save all replays so that you may present them in case of a dispute. Obviously, your profile name must match the name under which you registered for this contest.

IMPORTANT RULES:
  • Things that are forbidden:
    • Iku 5card -> grab glitch.
    • Any sort of hack that provides an unfair advantage.
  • Matches in which one of the above is used are invalidated if someone makes a complaint; the other player can choose to take a default win or have a rematch.
  • Do not pick a field with a bright white or yellow background as they make bullets difficult to see, unless both parties have no problem with it. (Specifically: Shore of Misty Lake, Scarlet Mansion Clock Tower, Fusion Reactor Core, Reactor Elevator, Bhava-Agra.)
  • If you no-show, you will automatically lose the round. If both participants in a match fail to show, they are eliminated.

• If a desync occurs, either settle it by yourselves or have a rematch. In the event that there is significant lag that makes a round completely unplayable, message me on IRC and I will do something about it.

tl;dr Instructions
  1. Message me (Aristocrat) on IRC, tell me if you are NA or EU.
  2. Register before Saturday, Sep 18, 2010.
  3. Show up in #hisoutensoku this Saturday before 2:00 PM EDT (EU) or 5:00 PM EDT (NA). Pwn lolis.
  4. /query or /notice me the match results. Enjoy the carnage.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 30 2010, 4:09 pm by Aristocrat.

None.

Aug 30 2010, 12:41 pm Phobos Post #66

Are you sure about that?

Quote from Aristocrat

this is signature

Aug 30 2010, 3:19 pm MadZombie Post #67

Oh hey look at that. Yuyuko's ultra high god of the cosmos tier.

In the event that there is significant lag that makes a round completely unplayable, message me on IRC and I will do something about it.
Your gonna buy me new internet :wtfawesome:

None.

Aug 31 2010, 5:23 pm Aristocrat Post #68

None.

Aug 31 2010, 6:13 pm MadZombie Post #69

I don't get it.

None.

Aug 31 2010, 9:51 pm Phobos Post #70

Are you sure about that?

Non Perception - "Sword of Rapture" negates weather effects on your opponent. The weather turned into Typhoon so Tenshi had superarmor, while Suika did not.

this is signature

Sep 1 2010, 3:06 am Sand Wraith Post #71

she/her

Phobos and I should play some games while I record the chat log that parallels the games.

Sep 1 2010, 4:11 am MadZombie Post #72

Non Perception - "Sword of Rapture" negates weather effects on your opponent. The weather turned into Typhoon so Tenshi had superarmor, while Suika did not
Eh I knew that. I thought it had to do with something else. Meh I wouldn't have posted a video about it ;o

None.

Sep 3 2010, 7:40 pm Aristocrat Post #73

Phobos should sign up for the Tourney. You're killing me faster than nameless :(

None.

Sep 3 2010, 8:49 pm Phobos Post #74

Are you sure about that?

I have no idea of who nameless is however.
. : Sand.Wraith : . dice:
*you're gay
           ( ゚ヮ゚ )            dice:
*Have I improved? ;D
*no
*you're gay
           ( ゚ヮ゚ )            dice:
*Yeah I have improved
*you're gay

this is signature

Sep 3 2010, 9:06 pm Aristocrat Post #75

He's the guy who won the NA tourney last time.

None.

Sep 3 2010, 9:26 pm MadZombie Post #76

You're killing me faster than nameless
where nameless = anybody :awesome:

None.

Sep 3 2010, 9:27 pm Phobos Post #77

Are you sure about that?

I doubt killing you faster has anything to do :/. Maybe our gameplay styles clash in such a way that is detrimental to you. That, and the delay. The darned delay.

this is signature

Sep 4 2010, 12:05 am Sand Wraith Post #78

she/her

I hate you all.

You're not even inviting me to play in the tourney.

You guys are so gay.

Especially Phobos.

Like, his gay is so huge it's like

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FILLING YOUR ENTIRE SCREEN.

so gay this gay, I hate you so much.

:rage:

EDIT:

BTW, HIS GAYNESS EXTENDS SO FAR THROUGHOUT THE INTERNET THAT IT'S IN INFECTING MY FINGERS, SUCH THAT I CANNOT PROPERLY COMBO MY CUTTER WITH MY SUPER CUTTER.

Sep 4 2010, 1:19 am Phobos Post #79

Are you sure about that?

Fought against uhhh PrinnyAce on #hisouten. I won all the matches he did not use Komachi, I think. Although that info might be wrong. I won 2 matches against Komachi, I think. I did pretty well, I guess.

this is signature

Sep 4 2010, 2:27 am Aristocrat Post #80

Hydro, go grind these.

If you are too lazy, these are the basic BnBs you should be familiar with. (Not saying that I can do them, but you have better execution than me.)
  • 5AAAA > 214C > 214B > 214C
  • 5AAA > 3A > 623C
  • Ground vs air 5AAA > 623B
  • 5AAAAA > Slash of Present
  • 5AAA > Slash of Eternity
  • 5AAAAA > 623C in corner
  • 66A (CH) > 66A > 66A > 66A

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4 5 619 >
  Back to forum