Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Need comp to atk other comp, but not player
Need comp to atk other comp, but not player
Nov 8 2007, 6:30 pm
By: filthee  

Nov 8 2007, 6:30 pm filthee Post #1

I'm trying to add heroes to a spawn D map. Other than the heroes most of my settings are identical to spawn D 5.8. I want to spawn the hero at the bottom of the path, and have him patrol down there waiting for spawns to come, and attack them as theyre passing through. So im trying to create them being owned by a computer player who is allied with humans and enemy of other computer players.

Here's my problem. No matter what combination of computer players, forces, alliance triggers, etc. ive tried, the heroes will not attack player 8 (the spawns). In fact, unless I make the heroes controlled by a Neutral comp, they will attack the player instead...

Here's how i have my forces set up right now (though i have tried an assload of different things here)

Force 1: Player 1 (human), Player 3 (human)
Force 2: Player 2 (human), Player 4 (human)
Force 3: Player 7 (comp, map revealers for lights on), Player 8 (comp, spawns)

I have tried using players 5 and 6, putting them in force 1 and force 2. ive tried adding enemy/ally triggers on top of that.
ive tried using player 7 and plopping him into force 4. also tried using enemy/ally triggers for him.
ive tried using players 9-12. ive tried making the comp neutral.
ive tried standing on one foot and doing a tribal rain dance while balancing fruit on my head.
none of the above worked.

Any suggestions?
Map attached. (dont host please, its unfinished)

None.

Nov 8 2007, 8:42 pm Hugel Post #2

If you want the two computers to be enemies of each other, with one allied to you and one enemy to you.
They need to be in seperate forces, you have them both in the same force.

Hugel

None.

Nov 8 2007, 9:39 pm Oyen Post #3

Using the alliance triggers, you also need to have triggers for all players involved. For example:
Player 2 & 3 are enemies

If you make a trigger for player 2 that makes him unally player 3, then player 2 will attack player 3 but player 3 will remain allied. You also need to give player 3 a trigger that makes him unally player 2 for this to work.

None.

Nov 8 2007, 11:06 pm filthee Post #4

Thank you very much Oyen, this fixed the problem i was having. My triggers were only active for the computer players.

None.

Nov 9 2007, 1:19 am Basan Post #5

Wouldn't it also work if he places the ally AI in one force, the foe AI onto another and the Human players into a 3rd one? That would seriously cut back on the amount of triggers (to 3), imho. ;)

None.

Nov 9 2007, 3:42 pm Oyen Post #6

Even in different forces, Computer players consider other comps as allies by default. They also are enemies with human players by default.

None.

Options
  Back to forum