Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: The New PR Administrator
The New PR Administrator
May 12 2010, 5:49 am
By: Corbo
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jun 9 2010, 9:13 am Jack Post #41

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

BLAMESHIFTING, BANBANBAN!

Not to go offtopic or anything, but I've done a fair bit of work in the Artwork forum, and help as many people as I can. I have yet to see you do as much or more. So far, you've made 2 news posts, and made a topic showing off some stuff you've done. Not exactly a lot on either of our parts but the pot shouldn't call the kettle black.

I'm sure we can find people to take over your responsibilities if you want to step down.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 9 2010, 9:24 am Devourer Post #42

Hello

Quote from Corbo
Quote from Devourer
Actually it doesn't matter
Weird?
I thought what was in question was the work being done, but apparently it doesn't matter.
Stop arguing, you know exactly that I meant the comparison between you and us.
Jack is actually doing well in the art forum and you aren't doing anything, therefore you should not have the globe.
(Not to mention that I (and Jack) do not have one, therefore we can ...chill (?)... a bit)

On a side note, I'm not doing that much at the moment not only because of school reasons, but SEN v6 reasons as well. I'm collecting ideas which I (or IP) will implement in v6. Adding all of the ideas to v5 will cause a no-need attitude for v6.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 9 2010, 9:30 am by Devourer.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 9 2010, 10:43 am DT_Battlekruser Post #43

I'm sure we can find people to take over your responsibilities if you want to step down.

I am less certain of this.

None.

Jun 9 2010, 11:34 am MadZombie Post #44

Not to be a jerk or anything but corbo's done those posts. But thats it and thats not really getting SEN's name out there. Thats promoting the maps and features to SEN. so in the end its the same as any other news feed SEN has had. I don't we are going to convert Facebook and twitter casuals into buying sc or sc2 so they can join SEN to contribute. I think giving Corbo the globe makes people expect a lot more than Corbos job can ever let him do.

Of course their is, the community as a whole would make a nice replacement. I always believed that we didnt really need a single person to get SEN's name out there, if anything that just makers it slightly inefficient compared to having the community do something about it. Although it's better then nothing i guess. Like I was saying though I think by including "Staredit.net for your mapping needs!" "go to Op SEN" etcetc on maps and such is a lot more PR being done. PR shouldn't be on facebook or twitter. It should be done on things like Youtube, ModDB, other sc mapping sites, B.net. Thats where Corbo should be, but preferably the community with their maps and personal submissions (maps/videos) tagging SEN back.

Someone should be on B.net on op sen or with a bot telling everyone about the temple siege tournament at least. Temple siege is one of our greatest attractions imo and yet I don't see that being advertised. Wuts going on.

No point in a "PR Admin" imo but heeeey ;0

None.

Jun 9 2010, 2:57 pm Forsaken Archer Post #45

Actually me and Corbo were working on something yesterday.

Also, Corbo obviously needs content to work with.

None.

Jun 9 2010, 4:23 pm Fire_Kame Post #46

wth is starcraft

Corbo if you want my helps drop me a line. I have a little bit of experience with SEO and such. :\

Jun 9 2010, 4:24 pm payne Post #47

:payne:

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Obviously this ;o

None.

Jun 10 2010, 2:07 am MadZombie Post #48

Quote from payne
Obviously this ;o
But who creates the content? It all goes back to the community.

None.

Jun 10 2010, 3:35 am Vrael Post #49

Quote from payne
Obviously this ;o
No, not obviously that. He is a PR admin, his job is "Public Relations." He should be talking to people that will benefit SEN, like blizzard, other sites, ect. Actively searching for materials to help SEN's image and what not. Corbo should be working with whatever we have regardless of how much we have, that's his job. Personally I'm still mad he gets to wear a globe, but I'd rather let him keep it and see him do a good job, or even the job at all, than take it from him and have no one doing anything.
Quote from DT_Battlekruser
I am less certain of this.
Everything you say about SEN is "oh sen sux, everyones a little kiddie and we're all doomed" You live in the past.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 10 2010, 9:28 am by JaFF. Reason: Flame. Tsk tsk tsk, vrael. You should know better.

None.

Jun 10 2010, 3:49 am Corbo Post #50

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Well, the thing is Vrael, every single site I've tried got no response, blizzard's fansite program is messed up plus it's hard to make contacts with their staff. Other sites that do answer say we sux and we're too QQ-y.

I should be working with what we have, yes, but honestly if I did that it'd only make SEN look bad. We've got like just a few maps from ourselves that honestly aren't much, the rest of the topics link to SC2mapster, that thanks to many people, not even I could work out an arrangement with Sixen. I'm really holding up to making video tutorials MYSELF, people seem to be looking for that lately, even if it means speaking in a mexican accent :hurr: /joke
And I say MYSELF because it's not my job, as a PR admin to do it, but I have to get more publicity somehow and if no one does the job I guess I have to do it for them. I've also discussed a few strategies aimed at a very specific group of people that are currently not on SEN and told IP how to get them in here. I'm hoping that all of my efforts and his (I'm actually getting into developing this even when I know crap about programing) pay back and this actually gets implemented soon. Like on the weekend ;o
I cannot do anything but keep it on secrecy for now ;o
I have another exam tomorrow and after that I'm mildly free to work on SEN.

fuck you all

Jun 10 2010, 3:49 am Centreri Post #51

Relatively ancient and inactive

Oh lawdy, people are getting worked up. Hilarious.

I don't want to really participate much in this discussion (I like to think that I should have better things to do than care about SEN ^^ ), but maybe if Corbo had a "Stuffs I dids" topic people wouldn't be errantly calling him out for doing nothing.

None.

Jun 10 2010, 3:52 am Corbo Post #52

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Quote from Centreri
Oh lawdy, people are getting worked up. Hilarious.

I don't want to really participate much in this discussion (I like to think that I should have better things to do than care about SEN ^^ ), but maybe if Corbo had a "Stuffs I dids" topic people wouldn't be errantly calling him out for doing nothing.
You mean like when I totally owned UU when he said I was "detached" from the SC2 community and basically I knew nothing and then posted a huge topic with my work? :P

fuck you all

Jun 10 2010, 3:54 am Centreri Post #53

Relatively ancient and inactive

Way to be subtle + Durrr.

None.

Jun 10 2010, 5:46 am UnholyUrine Post #54

Pfft
I Said SC community.. not just SC2

Vrael's just pissed off at DTBK's obvious, and continuous negativity. Kind of like Ex reborn. I guess since Ex hasn't been posting much, we're less distracted by his pessimism, and now we can focus on other's cynicism. (thesaurus a go go)

Eh.. SC2's not out yet... Facebook n twitter were both sort of fails because not many people used them, but was a good try...
I think we're starting to realize that you still haven't done anything big enough that would secure or at least better secure SEN from the onset of SC2...
Tho, I agree that it will all end up back at the community, as a PR, you gotta facilitate more stuffs.

For example.. what happened to the Nibbits affiliation?
What happened to the minerals?
Why are there no admin for some of the new threads.. like the Melee Showcase..
Are there events/contests elsewhere that we should be participating?
What are we selling ourselves as? An SC1 site, an SC2 site, a Mapping Help Site, a Database site?
Since you've done a pretty template, why don't you provide us with the template, make it user-friendly and all that..
if this is beyond your control (i.e. you don't know how to code it), then ask other people to help.

yeh, i agree that no one can be productive at all time.. but if u try to do the little things more efficiently, then everything's alright :D.

btw .. GL with your exams :O

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 10 2010, 6:13 am by UnholyUrine.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum