Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Desert Strike Night - Fixed
Desert Strike Night - Fixed
May 11 2010, 10:37 am
By: Lanthanide
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1553 >

Dec 5 2011, 8:34 pm Lanthanide Post #241

Ahhh, yes, that'll be it.

As part of moving to the CPU-allied-with-players system I had to re-do the way it gives units from players to the CPU. It now uses a binary arithmetic system of giving 256 units, then 128, then 64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2 and 1 and calculates the "units spawned" leaderboard based on this giving. I'm pretty sure this will accommodate armies up to 511 units in size, I didn't go any higher because I figured that was a safe enough limit that would never be reached. Looks like this zerg has exceeded it. Probably the fairest solution at this point (due to chronic map max at this spawn size) would be to cap the units at 511 and any excess are simply removed.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2011, 7:57 pm by Lanthanide.

None.

Dec 7 2011, 8:35 pm Whateverson Post #242

Yo,
I found a bug about the collosi, when they are more than 3-4 they get "stuck" right where they spawn. Sometimes I have seen 15 collosi just standing by the spawning place, not doing nothing.

None.

Dec 7 2011, 9:06 pm Lanthanide Post #243

Interesting. Do you have any replays of this happening? I haven't seen it in any of the games I've played.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2011, 7:59 pm by Lanthanide.

None.

Dec 8 2011, 8:26 am Whateverson Post #244

The replay is bugged.. I hate when that happens. But the bug about the reavers has happened to me 2-3 times. I'll play more and I'm gonna attach a replay if it happens again.
It happened again today. I had 6 collosi and they just kept staying there. Some moved, but they stood still also. Some in the middle of the map, others not so far away from the base.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 9 2011, 6:23 pm by Whateverson.

None.

Dec 10 2011, 10:51 am Lanthanide Post #245

For the replay, make sure you play it at Fastest speed only. Trying to speed it up to 2x or faster will often result in it screwing up.

Now the issue you're reporting, that they get stuck at random places on the map, is not the same as you initially reported, that they get stuck at the spawn point. I have also seen the reavers sit still and do nothing for what appears to be extended lengths of time, but usually they start moving again. Have you seen a case where the reavers *never* began moving again, at all? I believe all that's happening is they've been attacked by an air unit or too many ground units and the unit AI has sort of gone into retreat mode, and it ends up just sitting there. But after the next battle order pulse, which happens approx every 15 seconds on the countdown timer, they should start moving again. Unfortunately there's no real solution to this except to issue battle orders more frequently, but I don't really want to do that because every time you do, all units stop attacking and take 2-3 steps forward. Reavers are already sluggish enough attackers as it is, I don't want them wasting more time shuffling forwards when they should be attacking.

I've just done a bunch of changes to what will be 2.46, which fixes a few bugs and adds some more balance changes around, with a lot of changes to Nuke to make it weaker.

Current changes implemented
  • Fixed marauder spawn bug where it would spawn 2 war pigs and 1 marauder for your first depot, instead of 1 war pig 2 marauders.
  • Fix unit spawn bug as reported by Leon: attempting to spawn over 511 units will cause those extra units to be removed.
  • When Motherships die they have a 'death' effect, this along with their usual attack could potentially destroy the armageddon dreadnaught battleship before it had a chance to attack the temple. I'd previously attempted to fix this, but the new fix should work this time.
  • Fixed up brutalisk roar when it dies
  • Hybrid Destroyer could sometimes get 'stuck' sitting away from the silo, not attacking anything. Will now periodically be ordered to attack the silo.
  • Photon Cannon -5 damage to 40 (5 of these defend your temple as part of Night Defense)
  • Marine -5 hp
  • Guardian -2 dmg to 22, Devourer -1 dmg to 21, Greater spire -$15
  • Immortal +1 dmg to 15
  • Mothership +20 dmg to 80, +2 armor to 17
  • Mothership should now use it's kill effect slightly faster (roughly 0.16 seconds, or 11%) - hard to quantify exactly as it previously relied in a randomized switch and there were chances to reduce the attack time when surrounded by enemies and this threshold has been reduced slightly.
  • The Mothership death effect will now kill up to 1 additional enemy unit
  • Carrier -30 hp, carrier interceptors now always spawn 0.16 seconds slower and the penalty for massing carriers has increased from a maximum of 3.33 seconds respawn timer to 3.66 seconds for 14+ carrier equivalents (counted based on 8 interceptors per carrier)
  • Scouts +10 shields, +10 hp

• Terran nuke changes:
  • Nuke dreadnaught damage reduced to 3000 from 3200; now takes 12 full nukes to kill the 35,000 hp temple up from 11.
  • Enemy units attacking the temple that are stolen are now set to 66% hp and shields and energy now remains unchanged, from 100% to all
  • Enemy units in the enemy half of the field are set to 15% shields and health, up from 5%
  • Enemy units in your half of the field are set to 10% shields and health, up from 5%
  • Enemy unit energy is no longer set to 0%
  • The location that kills enemy units around their temple is now moved a few tiles away from their spawn point, so used immediately after spawn it will kill slightly fewer units outright
  • 2 mines are placed at the enemy tank/reaver/immortal ancillary spawn point, down from 3
  • Mine damage reduced to 180 from 210: this makes a big difference to the splash damage dealt to enemies next spawn of ground units
  • The confusion effect was being triggered too many times when the enemy had just spawned their units, resulting in the all enemy units on the field not wandering as far as they might. This has been fixed.
  • Confusion effect will now last 15 seconds, instead of 12.

Changes I plan to make but haven't yet implemented:
- When playing 2v1, 2v2 or 2v3, the spawn alternation that was to help make map-max fairer gets stuck in a rutt. So any time at least one team has 2 players in it I'd like to randomize which side goes first. For 1v1 or 3v3 or 1v3 the 'who goes first' will continue to alternate as it currently does, as this seems fairest in those match ups.
- Several players have said that the nuke dreadnaught can sometimes attack units and not the temple. I think they are mistaken as I've never seen it in a game myself, and can't reproduce it in synthetic testing. Logically this shouldn't happen, either. If I get concrete proof of this (eg, a replay) then I'll investigate further. What I have seen in my testing is that the BC shoots the temple and then spins around like it's about to attack another ordinary unit, but it is killed before it has a chance to do so. Maybe players see this and assume it's targeted a unit, when actually it did hit the temple?

So, the -5 marine hp is to encourage marauders and ghosts further and move away from the marines. In recent games I have seen terran players building quite a few marauders, I guess for their 80 hp with cheap cost. I felt that increasing marauder HP, upping their damage or changing their armor would encourage them too much, so making the alternatives slightly less appealing seems like a good choice.

Zerg air changes are to just balance this out more. Acid spores on devourers are just so strong with their increased damage output as well as the attack cooldown effect. Guardians end up forming a massive line that are very difficult to take on, especially when protected by the formidable devourer clump. I've also seen a few of zerg go pure mutalisk recently, which usually ends up being a bad strategy late-game, hopefully reducing the greater spire price will encourage more greater spires while helping to offset the damage nerfs.

Quite a few changes to the mothership, which since 2.16 or so has seemed to have become quite weak in that it usually dies very quickly and doesn't hang around long. Increasing the armor here should help a bit, as well as increasing the attack rates. Given how fast the mothership usually dies in my games, I don't anticipate these changes will make a huge difference. Immortals are underutilised and buffing them a bit further here should help out. Now that they spawn separately with the reavers, I've actually found that throwing a few immortals in works quite well, as they act as a high HP wall fairly close in range to the enemy units, while the reavers hang back and blast the enemy units. More nerfs to carriers to hopefully balance them more, and buff on the scout should help protoss air out a little bit. I'm tempted to increase the scout spawn to 1.16 or maybe even 1.25 per stargate, although at the moment I believe the text string is at it's maximum length so squeezing in an extra ".16" or ".25" will uglify the text a bit.

Lots of changes to nuke, which should make it fairer overall. A lot of people feel it's too strong in it's current incarnation, and I believe that is mainly due to it's price compared to the other specials. I don't want to increase the price as I like this being a differentiation factor, so these tweaks should help tone it down a bit, while also enhancing the interesting confusion effect that is quite fun to watch. One way to look at this is as a pseudo-boom that affects the entire map, as well as a guaranteed 3200 damage to the temple. If 3 infests or divine judgements are used in a row, then only the last one will have any chance of the units doing damage to the enemy temple, and due to diminishing returns often there aren't many units left on the field at the end of it. Infest and DJ are strongest when powerful enemy units are grabbed at the enemy spawn point, like archons, reavers, guardians and BCs, and if you don't manage to do this then a lot of the strength is lost: sure it'll build up a ball of units that move across the map unopposed to the enemy temple, but the enemy can use an insta-spawn powerup or just let their normal spawn hold it off until they're ready to use their own special. In comparison, every time a nuke is used it would deal a guaranteed 3200 damage to the temple, which the other specials just couldn't match. So reducing this down to 3000 while also giving the remaining enemy units on the field more of a fighting chance should help even it out a bit better. I may also add in a special check to kill a few stolen brood lords, as I find this is usually the type of unit that is attacking your temple that is stolen, after a zerg has used infest and you've countered with nuke, because brood lords move quickly and have short range while most other units hang back further or move too slowly before they can be stolen.

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Dec 10 2011, 11:50 am by Lanthanide.

None.

Dec 10 2011, 11:31 am Leon-037 Post #246

Yeah, the Reavers getting "stuck" has happened to me too, especially when there's a lot of ground units. For me, when they get attacked by air, they usually go back to moving forward once the next order happens. I think it just happens though after they finish attacking. It seems like they just lose their order to keep on moving once they're done attacking. It just happens more late game though usually when all players have large armies by then. It's fine the way it is though. It's nice sometimes having the Reavers stack up a bit and then moving forward. You shouldn't be relying on Reavers anyways. :bleh:

Hmm more Zerg nerfs :massimo: Oh well, but I don't get it why nerf the cannon damage? It seemed weak enough as it is.

Good to see Immortals got stronger, along with the Mothership.

Carrier -30 hp, carrier interceptors now always spawn 0.16 seconds slower and the penalty for massing carriers has increased from a maximum of 3.33 seconds respawn timer to 3.66 seconds for 14+ carrier equivalents (counted based on 8 interceptors per carrier)
I don't get this?

Eh, less Marine HP is alright but I still think Marauders deserve a boost on HP or something.

I wanted to ask a question though, why is the Fenix (Dragoon) the only unit that has lower damage compared to all the other units? I mean I know it has a lower cool down but still. Both BCs have the same damage and the Hyperion has a lower cool down too.

Other than that, looks nice, and yee, my name is mentioned in the changes!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 10 2011, 11:57 am by Leon-037.

None.

Dec 10 2011, 12:17 pm Lanthanide Post #247

Yeah, I realised I didn't address the cannon damage nerf. In games I've been playing recently I've found that one team or the other has been able to push up to the enemy temple quite well, but can't quite manage to do much damage to the defense, mainly because the cannons pick their units off too quickly. Early game, the 40 damage will still be sufficient to pick off stragglers and pushes on the temple. Late game the 40 vs 45 damage won't matter. I'm thinking that mid-game, the 40 vs 45 damage may help attackers out a bit more. Hopefully it'll make the mid game a little more decisive. But it's not really a big change so it may not really be noticeable at all.

I've talked about the interceptor thing before in this thread. But a quick recap is that every 2 seconds (now 2.16 seconds) 1 interceptor is added to every carrier owned by the player. The more carriers you own, the longer this cycle becomes, eventually up to 3.66 seconds between interceptors being added. This is a way to weaken massed carriers, because just 2-3 carriers by themselves usually aren't too threatening, but 10+ carriers is very threatening. When I first implemented it I did some synthetic tests of stuff like 20 carriers vs 20 BCs ($ equivalent spent) and found that introducing the respawn delay really did dent the carriers' strength. The 'carrier equivalent' note is because I don't actually count carriers directly, I count interceptors. So if you had 24 carriers and 0 interceptors, the respawn delay would be the default 2.16 seconds. But as the number of interceptors grows, the delays between adding more interceptors stretches out longer and longer. This also helps account if the player has 4 or 5 carriers but still doesn't have the interceptor capacity upgrade.

The Fenix Dragoon has a marginally higher DPS (17.32 vs 15.87) when you factor the cooldown in. I introduced the fenix primarily so protoss would have a better counter vs void rays, where the firing rate is generally what matters for taking them down due to their shield regen. Dragoons already do quite a bit of damage, but just have a slow firing rate so void rays were mostly impervious to them unless you really massed the heck out of dragoons (not feasible on your 3rd or 4th spawn, of course). In the games I played today I did actually see void rays being taken out solely by dragoons, which is just something I never really saw in the past (talking like 8-9 dragoons vs 1 void ray). I also nerfed void rays quite a bit at the same time, of course. One thing I've noticed with them is that they sometimes fly away when they're being attacked, because they now use the standard Scout unit I guess. The hyperion BC was to counter two things: devourers acid spore cooldown, and mass DA MC because the CPU will never cast MC on hero units. BCs are also a late-game unit so there's no real issue with having the damage be the same (if the units are balanced with that in mind), whereas dragoons are obviously an early-game protoss unit and come with the range upgrade as well, so simply giving them 20 damage + faster cooldown would be quite overpowered.

I've added your name to the Thanks list in the mission briefing screen :) Long overdue, really.

None.

Dec 10 2011, 10:00 pm Lanthanide Post #248

Had more complaints about the nuke not hitting, with the suggestion that I move back to using the Archon instead. I was wondering why someone would suggest using the archon (I stopped using it 'cause dweb could prevent it from firing, also it's now used as the Hybrid Destroyer) and figured maybe it has something to do with the placement of the BC over the top of the temple.

My current triggers are set up to rely on the BC being put in the correct place, and when it is there should be no chance of it targeting another unit. I already (try) to account for enemy units being in the way of the BC, but I didn't take account of friendly units. So I've made the 'clearing' location almost twice as big as it was, and also move any friendly units that were there out of the way.

Still interested in seeing replays of this issue though; that would help me confirm whether my above fix is sufficient or not.

None.

Dec 12 2011, 9:45 am Lanthanide Post #249

Right, I played a game myself where the nuke missed. Got a replay which I've now watched twice (takes a long time, since I have to run it at Fast or it screws up) so I can see why it missed. There is a trigger that sets all units in the immediate vacinity to Invincible to prevent the BC from targeting them when it is first spawned. However when a siege tank converts to mobile mode, it changes into a new unit and loses it's invincible status, and so the BC targets it instead of the temple. Looking at my triggers, there are also a few other units that have their own controls to disable invincibility on them: interceptors, roaches and infested terrans.

So I'll adjust my triggers to account for these things, and that should solve it for good!

None.

Dec 13 2011, 2:09 am Leon-037 Post #250

Yeah hopefully it doesn't happen anymore. By the way, are you going to add the "anti-interceptor" for Thor?

None.

Dec 13 2011, 7:46 am Lanthanide Post #251

I hadn't been specifically planning to, but I might as well throw it in. It probably won't make a huge difference, especially if players don't know it has that ability. I guess those who read this thread will have the advantage?

Planned implementation is a 4x4 or possibly 4.5x4.5 tile location that follows the Thor. Every 1.5 seconds or so it will pulse for 2 trigger cycles and kill up to 2 interceptors each cycle within the location.

Found a spawning bug for one type of unit in the current version too. Won't say what it is because all spawning bugs are very exploitable and unbalanced.

Made another change to the nuke: it steals enemy units above your temple, and killed a halo of units around them. Now instead of killing those units, it'll set them to 20% hp/shields, so the units you've just stolen are set to 75% hp/shields and will have to attack any enemy units around them before they can move out onto the field and kill the stragglers (who are also stronger now as well).

None.

Dec 14 2011, 3:33 am Leon-037 Post #252

Eh 90% of the people who play your map won't know all the changes that happen as you make more versions. :bleh:

I was thinking of an idea. I know you limited Medics due to making possible cheap combos like Medics/Ultralisks. But yeah, it's more in helping during TvZ, is it possible to make the Medivac spawn a Medic every now and then to help in the process of restoration? It's just cause Acid Spores help make air units a lot weaker and I think Terran has the weakest air units of all 3 races. It's just an idea, or maybe just making Restore a bit cheaper.

One last thing, do Medics have Flare or did you remove it overall? If they do, do they actually use it to blind detectors?

None.

Dec 14 2011, 4:18 am Lanthanide Post #253

Having the medivac spawn a medic is a really neat idea :) Not sure how frequent it should be though; probably I'd limit it to be like 2 medics per medivac spawn and put them at intervals of like 10 seconds and 30 seconds or something.

Zerg Air is clearly the strongest because of acid spores and guardians' massive range. Protoss suffers from Scout having double armor penalty and corsair both being explosive damage. Carrier does normal damage but because of the interceptors they have to have low damage, so they get strongly penalised by armor as well. Terran air is kind of in the middle - I think players rely too much on Banshees and should really be building more wraiths which are their proper AA unit. Terran, with restore, have a much easier time vs zerg than protoss do, although I still see a lot of terran players only build 1 medic. When I told an ally get full medics and restore, he said "they always waste it on heal, but you're the boss". Sure enough it did make a tangible difference to the battles.

Flare has been removed from medics. Looking at how the CPU uses it, they only cast it when they're on full energy (unlikely, with Heal) and will target any unit with at least 81 total HP/shields, which is a lot of units. I don't think they have any particular preference to target detectors over other units. So if I added Flare back in, it would likely end up like Hallucination does: no one researches it because it's not really useful.

It's a pity that hallucination only targets motherships and carriers, because it could be really effective if used on archons or other high HP units.

None.

Dec 14 2011, 5:58 am Rivalz Post #254

Quote from Lanthanide
Having the medivac spawn a medic is a really neat idea :) Not sure how frequent it should be though; probably I'd limit it to be like 2 medics per medivac spawn and put them at intervals of like 10 seconds and 30 seconds or something.
Do it! :lol:

Quote from Lanthanide
Flare has been removed from medics. Looking at how the CPU uses it, they only cast it when they're on full energy (unlikely, with Heal) and will target any unit with at least 81 total HP/shields, which is a lot of units. I don't think they have any particular preference to target detectors over other units. So if I added Flare back in, it would likely end up like Hallucination does: no one researches it because it's not really useful.

Isn't flare useless on a full visibility battlefield full of other observers?? It only affects me in normal mode when the blinded unit is out alone. :unsure:

None.

Dec 14 2011, 6:41 am Lanthanide Post #255

Quote from Rivalz
Quote from Lanthanide
Do it! :lol:
Yeah, I almost certainly will. Most people probably won't ever notice it happening, though.

Isn't flare useless on a full visibility battlefield full of other observers?? It only affects me in normal mode when the blinded unit is out alone. :unsure:
Yes and that was my original reason for disabling it. I didn't consider the factor of blinding detectors. Frankly that's probably a bit overpowered anyway; Terran already has Lockdown which is incredibly effective against protoss and also other terrans, giving them flare to render detectors useless seems a bit much.

None.

Dec 14 2011, 9:58 am Lanthanide Post #256

Ok, so all of the changes in the above list, with these additions:
  • Fixed unit spawn bug.
  • Changed the spawn alternation cycle when either or both teams have 2 players. Instead of Bottom - Top - BTBTBT for alternating which side spawns first, it will now go BTTB BTTB. This turned out to be more fair than randomizing it.
  • Improved nuke handling triggers so now the BC should almost never target anything but the temple (not yet tested)
  • Units attacking your temple stolen by nuke now set to 75% hp instead of 66%, but the 'halo' of enemy units surrounding these that used to be killed outright are now set to 20% hp/shields, so your stolen units will have to kill them off before going back out into the field.
  • Immortals -30 hp (100 shields, 120 hp, 5 armor). Retains +1 dmg to 15.
  • Void Rays -2 air damage to 14
  • Siege mode +$50 to $205.
  • Science vessal -20 hp, -1 armor
  • EMP energy cost increased to 200 from 160. Defense Matrix energy cost increased to 90 from 80.
  • Marine range +$10, stim +$20
  • Added Thor interceptor killing ability. Location is 5x5, every 1.5 seconds for 2 trigger cycles it will kill up to 2 interceptors and set 2 interceptors to 1% HP (easier to kill, or they will dock with the carrier to heal).
  • Defiler -$30, plague -$30, energy up -$102 to $297
  • Plague energy cost increased to 135 from 83.

Not yet implemented: medivac spawns limited number of medics.

Tanks are much cheaper than Reavers, yet the 'damage' upgrade was about the same price. Science Vessals can be a bit too annoying to kill sometimes, and EMP is really strong vs protoss. 250 enegy is now enough to cast only 2 d matrices right off the bat instead of 3 like it was. Slight cost increase for marines as they're still really great units (although previous -5 hp will help in that area already). Plague is ridiculously strong particularly vs protoss who can't use medics to restore against it and it's really powerful vs carriers because interceptors that are damaged will dock with the carrier until it wears off. This will mean defilers can only cast it once, and will still need a bit of time before a 2nd casting even with the energy upgrade.

So now I just need to test out the invincibility nuke triggers and implement the medivac spawning medics triggers. Hopefully I can get these things done tomorrow and I'll be able to release it. No guarantee I'll get it done tomorrow though, but it'll almost definitely be out this weekend.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 14 2011, 10:08 am by Lanthanide.

None.

Dec 16 2011, 12:31 am Leon-037 Post #257

Zerg Air is clearly the strongest because of acid spores and guardians' massive range. Protoss suffers from Scout having double armor penalty and corsair both being explosive damage. Carrier does normal damage but because of the interceptors they have to have low damage, so they get strongly penalised by armor as well. Terran air is kind of in the middle - I think players rely too much on Banshees and should really be building more wraiths which are their proper AA unit. Terran, with restore, have a much easier time vs zerg than protoss do, although I still see a lot of terran players only build 1 medic. When I told an ally get full medics and restore, he said "they always waste it on heal, but you're the boss". Sure enough it did make a tangible difference to the battles.
Well from a 1v1 perspective, Protoss air is the strongest. I've played plenty of 1v1 matches (I also like to play them with no specials) and when it comes just to relying on the air units, Corsairs always tend to win.

Yeah, people rely on Banshees but also Valks, because I think they like to rely on splash units for beating large masses of air, and expect them to keep shooting in the long run. :bleh:

Immortals -30 hp (100 shields, 120 hp, 5 armor). Retains +1 dmg to 15.
I thought Immortals were suppose to be improved!

Siege mode +$50 to $205.
Don't you mean -$50?

And oh noes a Plague nerf. :massimo:

Medivac is only going to spawn 2 Medics? :(

It seems though with all the Marine nerfs, people are going to be relying more just on Reapers/Marauders for starting units. Just a thought.

None.

Dec 16 2011, 9:01 am Lanthanide Post #258

Didn't see your reply until just now.

I don't really play 1v1, and I truly design the game for 2v2 or 3v3 at 2x mineral speed with specials. Of course I put support for 1v1 ahead of support for 1x or no specials. So I don't have a lot of context for 1v1 games. As I've only buffed scouts a little (at the expense of carriers), I hope I haven't changed this up too much.

As for the immortal HP nerf, yeah, with 15 damage I think (hope?) people might build them a bit more. Wtih 250 total hp @ 1.66 for $250 they were 1.66 HP per $, which is one of the highest ratios in the game, and that's not even accounting their above-average 5 armor. This bumps them down to 1.46. They will probably always remain niche units simply due to their speed and very low range (pity I can't bump it up to 4 or 5, or change to concussive and bump up to 25). They actually work quite effectively as shields for reavers, now that they spawn alongside them.

I actually meant +$50 for siege upgrade, from $255 to $305.

As for the marine nerfs, yeah, I do want to push people more towards marauders, war pigs and reapers. A lot of games I still just see people build only marines and medics.

Anyway, I've just tested the nuke trigger changes, good thing too 'cause they were broke, and implemented the last few changes. It's effectively ready to release now, but I probably won't do so until tomorrow (Saturday, my time - at least 11-14 hours from now).

Here's the list of changes. I've consolidated all the ones from the above posts into the top section. I made a couple of minor changes to nuke which are now in the nuke changes section. Changed defiler cost to -$50 from -$30, otherwise the changes in this post are additional to the previously mentioned ones.
  • Fixed exploitable unit spawn bug that spawned too many of a particular unit for the number of buildings built.
  • Changed the spawn alternation cycle when either or both teams have 2 players. Instead of Bottom - Top - BTBTBT for alternating which side spawns first, it will now go BTTB BTTB. This turned out to be more fair than randomizing it.
  • Fixed marauder spawn bug where it would spawn 2 war pigs and 1 marauder for your first depot, instead of 1 war pig 2 marauders.
  • Fix unit spawn bug as reported by Leon: attempting to spawn over 511 units will cause those extra units to be removed.
  • When Motherships die they have a 'death' effect, this along with their usual attack could potentially destroy the armageddon dreadnaught battleship before it had a chance to attack the temple. I'd previously attempted to fix this, but the new fix should work this time.
  • Fixed up brutalisk roar when it dies
  • Hybrid Destroyer could sometimes get 'stuck' sitting away from the silo, not attacking anything. Will now periodically be ordered to attack the silo.
  • Photon Cannon -5 damage to 40 (5 of these defend your temple as part of Night Defense)
  • Marine -5 hp, range upgrade +$10, stim +$20
  • Siege mode +$50 to $305.
  • Science vessal -20 hp, -1 armor
  • EMP energy cost increased to 200 from 160. Defense Matrix energy cost increased to 90 from 80.
  • Added Thor interceptor killing ability. Location is 5x5, every 1.5 seconds for 2 trigger cycles it will kill up to 2 interceptors and set 2 interceptors to 1% HP (easier to kill, or they will dock with the carrier to heal).
  • Guardian -2 dmg to 22
  • Devourer -1 dmg to 21
  • Greater spire -$15
  • Defiler -$50 (previously was -$30), plague -$30, energy upgrade -$102 to $297
  • Plague energy cost increased to 135 from 83.
  • Immortal +1 dmg to 15, -30 hp to 120.
  • Void Rays -2 air damage to 14.
  • Mothership +20 dmg to 80, +2 armor to 17
  • Mothership should now use it's kill effect slightly faster (roughly 0.16 seconds, or 11%) - hard to quantify exactly as it previously relied in a randomized switch and there were chances to reduce the attack time when surrounded by enemies and this threshold has been reduced slightly.
  • The Mothership death effect will now kill up to 1 additional enemy unit
  • Carrier -30 hp, carrier interceptors now always spawn 0.16 seconds slower and the penalty for massing carriers has increased from a maximum of 3.33 seconds respawn timer to 3.66 seconds for 14+ carrier equivalents (counted based on 8 interceptors per carrier)
  • Scouts +10 shields, +10 hp

• Terran nuke changes:
  • Improved nuke handling triggers so now the BC should almost never target anything but the temple. As a side effect this will kill all enemy tanks around the enemy temple.
  • The confusion effect was being triggered too many times when the enemy had just spawned their units, resulting in the all enemy units on the field not wandering as far as they might. This has been fixed.
  • Nuke dreadnaught damage reduced to 3000 from 3200; now takes 12 full nukes to kill the 35,000 hp temple up from 11.
  • Enemy units attacking your temple that are stolen are now set to 75% hp instead of 100%
  • The 'halo' of enemy units attacking your temple that were killed outright are now instead set to 20% hp/shields, so the stolen units from above will have to kill them off before going back out into the field.
  • Setting enemy HP from nuke is now graduated based on existing zones on the battlefield (used for some heroes and detector AI). Instead of the current 5% set to all enemy units on the field, it now ranges from 4% behind your temple in steps of 2% out to the center of the field at 12%, up to the enemy temple at 18% and 20% behind their temple.
  • Enemy unit energy is no longer set to 0%
  • The location that kills enemy units around their temple is now moved a few tiles away from their spawn point, so used immediately after spawn it will kill slightly fewer units outright
  • Mine damage reduced to 180 from 210: this makes a big difference to the splash damage dealt to enemies next spawn of ground units
  • 2 mines are placed at the enemy tank/reaver/immortal ancillary spawn point, down from 3
  • Confusion effect will now last 15 seconds, instead of 12.

• New changes in this post
  • When you destroy the prison cell you still get the hybrid destroyer, $150 and spawn reinforcement wave, but the other temple (the one your enemy was trying to destroy) will now spawn 12 broodlings that will move to attack your silo. This will just occupy your reinforcements and slow them down a little. Broodlings do 10 damage and the silo has 10 armor so they effectively don't do any damage to it.
  • Infestor unit stealing ability +1 DC tick and 50% chance of +1 more DC tick. Cycle was previously 27 so will now be 28 or 29: 3.7% or 7.4% slower.
  • Roach -1 DC tick for healing cycle, was previously 18 to 21, now is 17 to 20: 5.5% to 4.8% faster.
  • Medivac will now spawn up to 3 medics, one every 22.5 seconds (after 67.5s will have spawned all 3). Each medivac will only spawn 3 medics; it must be killed and replaced by another one before more medics will be spawned (think: spider mines from vultures, rather than banelings from nydus). Creates a puff of hallucination to signal a medic was spawned.
  • Medivac now has a 50% chance per healing cycle to set medics in a small area around it back to 100% energy.
  • Medivac -15 hp to 145.
  • Restore now costs 35 energy instead of 40. This means with 250 energy each medic can cast 7 instead of 6, and when healing has been used it should hopefully encourage a few more restorations.

Not sure these new changes need much discussion really. Slight nerf to infestor and slight buff to roaches. Adding into the broodlings to the prison just makes it a little more interesting and will hold back the reinforcement spawn (may even do a good job, if it's a weak spawn). In cases where the prison race is very close or you only just manage to kill the enemy prison while they have a lot of units bearing down on you, this will make the victory a bit more of a hollow one.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 16 2011, 9:27 am by Lanthanide.

None.

Dec 16 2011, 6:57 pm Leon-037 Post #259

Wait, Tanks are cheaper than Reavers but you make their Siege more expensive?

Also nice, Medivac will be able to restore the Medic's energy :D

When you destroy the prison cell you still get the hybrid destroyer, $150 and spawn reinforcement wave, but the other temple (the one your enemy was trying to destroy) will now spawn 12 broodlings that will move to attack your silo. This will just occupy your reinforcements and slow them down a little. Broodlings do 10 damage and the silo has 10 armor so they effectively don't do any damage to it.
So then, when you kill their Prison Cell, enemy Broodlings will spawn from the current area where your Prison Cell is or right at your Silo?

I don't mean to get off topic of your map, but what's with the weird spam text in your first two posts of Page 13? :???:

None.

Dec 16 2011, 8:08 pm Lanthanide Post #260

Quote from Leon-037
Wait, Tanks are cheaper than Reavers but you make their Siege more expensive?
Yes. How is that unfair? Tanks target instantly compared to reavers, and will normally get a lot more shots off in a given period of time, of course their splash damage hurts your own units too. Tanks also move a lot faster.

Also nice, Medivac will be able to restore the Medic's energy :D
Yeah, figured it was an interesting flavour change.

So then, when you kill their Prison Cell, enemy Broodlings will spawn from the current area where your Prison Cell is or right at your Silo?
Where your current prison cell is. Previously it would just blow up and nothing happened (the enemy cell, the one you just destroyed, is where the hybrid spawns from). The broodlings are Ordered to attack your silo, so unless there are other units in the way they'll run straight there and be there within 3-4 seconds.

I don't mean to get off topic of your map, but what's with the weird spam text in your first two posts of Page 13? :???:
I don't see any.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 11 12 13 14 1553 >
  Back to forum