Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Traps on speed
Traps on speed
Aug 30 2007, 8:02 pm
By: Sie_Sayoka  

Aug 30 2007, 8:02 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #1

Earlier I was screwing around with hyper trigged traps when i noticed that several interesting things happend. First they attack totally at random and second is that they are not clickable therefore invisible while attacking. The gun trap pops up as soon as a targetable unit comes in range, it will not go down after that. while the others stay in hidden state. This has several uses from the terrain aspect from the guntrap tower to the illusion of buildings firing missiles.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9tmxlbmvnj5

None.

Aug 30 2007, 9:39 pm Sauceover Post #2

do you mean invisible or invincible?

None.

Aug 30 2007, 10:04 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #3

invisible

None.

Aug 30 2007, 10:07 pm Sauceover Post #4

so...it stays 'hidden' yet still attacks?

None.

Aug 30 2007, 10:15 pm Fallen Post #5

wait so for the missle traps do the missle just attack at random places... screen shots plz lol/ nice find btw

None.

Aug 30 2007, 10:33 pm Falkoner Post #6

Yes, I had a problem like this in Random Quest RPG, for some reason the traps wouldn't go down, although they weren't invisible :P

None.

Aug 31 2007, 7:50 am Sie_Sayoka Post #7

Hidden as in thier camouflaged state such as a floor tile or a wall.

And by random I mean random rate of fire.

None.

Aug 31 2007, 11:40 am Akar Post #8

Nice find man! You'd work well with heinermann ;), exploits ftw!

None.

Aug 31 2007, 9:26 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #9

...who?

None.

Sep 2 2007, 5:31 am xgmx Post #10

hi sie, another long time no see person, man i ran into 2 old bnet friends here today.

None.

Sep 10 2007, 12:59 am dothackZealot Post #11

Quote from Fallen
wait so for the missle traps do the missle just attack at random places
No, the missile traps only attack enemies, but they do not do the opening or closing animations. Instead they stay perfectly still and missiles shoot out, giving the effect of missiles blasting out from a floor tile.

Nice find, btw. Some unit just walks down the hallway, and missiles start shooting from the floor. :D I wonder if it would be possible to have two kinds of traps in the same map at the same time, ones that act normal, and others that don't, sort of like triggers using waits created after hyper triggers have a lot longer waits while those created before are normal.

None.

Sep 12 2007, 11:35 pm Sie_Sayoka Post #12

That is totally doable, all you need is to have a location around the traps that you want hypertriggered. As simple as that.

None.

Sep 13 2007, 3:47 pm MrrLL Post #13

Quote from Sie_Sayoka
...who?
aka Deathknight2004, he's the one that caused like four different patches AT LEAST. <3

Also, neat.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 12:11 am The Starport Post #14

Heinnermann is DK? Either I forgot that when it was mentioned or that's news to me. :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum