Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Super Bug
Super Bug
Oct 31 2007, 3:58 am
By: Echo  

Nov 19 2007, 6:07 pm Viii_iiiV Post #21

Quote from EcHo
Staphylococcus aureus. Recently in the news, a major past subject was once again in the news. The super bug is known to be an almost impossible bacteria to cure. A student at a school and a foot ball player recently got infected and died. A popular Mixed Martial Arts fighter is also now infected. Over 500,000 patients are known to be affected with this super bug. I saw some disgusting pictures of people with this super bug. http://www.mmanews.com/other/Pics--Quotes:-Randleman-Suffering-From-Awful-Staph-Infection.html ">Staph Infection - Randleman

Nope, not the end of the world. I would know, I'm god.

None.

Nov 19 2007, 7:41 pm Doodan Post #22

Quote from Vi3t-X
Interesting. Technology grows and grows... soon we will find a way to kill it, they will mutate, and we will learn new stuff. If we all were hippies this wouldnt happen... then again, no.

Wrong! You're forgetting STDs.

No recent outbreaks have been anywhere near as bad as the bubonic plague or the Spanish Flu. Can you imagine whole percentages of the population being wiped out because of a single cause? Nothing like that has happened in ours (or our parents') lifetimes. I always get a kick out of the news when they spam "GET UR WEST NILE VIRUS SHOT OMGOMGOMG OR DIE!!" and then mention that there's only been 1 death in the whole year.

None.

Nov 22 2007, 5:31 am Echo Post #23

Is there even a cure for HIV/AIDS? I thought I heard something over the news or something.

None.

Dec 14 2007, 2:53 am Vi3t-X Post #24

Quote from Doodan
Quote from Vi3t-X
Interesting. Technology grows and grows... soon we will find a way to kill it, they will mutate, and we will learn new stuff. If we all were hippies this wouldnt happen... then again, no.
Wrong! You're forgetting STDs. No recent outbreaks have been anywhere near as bad as the bubonic plague or the Spanish Flu. Can you imagine whole percentages of the population being wiped out because of a single cause? Nothing like that has happened in ours (or our parents') lifetimes. I always get a kick out of the news when they spam "GET UR WEST NILE VIRUS SHOT OMGOMGOMG OR DIE!!" and then mention that there's only been 1 death in the whole year.

Your mean... I praised you for your Doodan campaigns and this is how I get repaid...

Anyways, STDs dont mutate?

Also, it is true though, they will mutate and become resistant. How do we literally stop this? STOP USING BUG SPRAY. BUGSPRAY FUCKS UP THEIR GENETIC CODE, AND SCREWS UP EVERYTHING.

Bugspray + People ≠ Good
Bugspray + People + Mosquitoes = DooM

None.

Jan 26 2008, 11:59 pm gigabites2 Post #25

Natural selection is certainly interesting. And horrifying.

None.

Options
  Back to forum