Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How to recolor a player's units black?
How to recolor a player's units black?
Oct 31 2007, 1:16 am
By: Elward  

Oct 31 2007, 1:16 am Elward Post #1

1: What number is this?
2: Does this process work for SCMs and non-BW maps?

-EE

None.

Oct 31 2007, 3:18 am NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

There are lots of blacks. All with different flashings on the units or on the minimap.
19 or 22 for example or i think 127 or some number near. There are many more.
Just try a few and find the one you like best.

And yes, it works for scm too.

Oct 31 2007, 4:12 am Durandal Post #3

Most of the unit colors beyond the default 17 (Or was it 16? Or 18? Whatever) tend to be tile-set specific. I imagine you're talking about Jungle terrain though, as it's the one most often used. Pure black would be 192.

None.

Oct 31 2007, 7:01 am blacklight28 Post #4

For me, it changes for every map...

None.

Oct 31 2007, 7:37 am JaBoK Post #5

Watch out if using this, as clicking a flag of an extended colour crashes SC immediately.

None.

Oct 31 2007, 7:44 am blacklight28 Post #6

Every kind of extended color? Didn't know that, just knew that in some games, if you click the flag, then the game crashes.

None.

Nov 1 2007, 3:24 pm JaFF Post #7

136 is fully black on both in-game view and minimap.

None.

Nov 1 2007, 3:40 pm Ahli Post #8

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from JaBoK
Watch out if using this, as clicking a flag of an extended colour crashes SC immediately.

Not every.
I made a map with all working colours before 1.14 came.
But 1.14 changed it.
But not every extended colored flag crashes.
You can still see talking portraits of other units if you click them, if that colour does not crash.

(my best effect was that sc created another map directory in the starcraft folder... I was afraid of seeing no maps ingame.)

Options
  Back to forum