Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Cat vs. Mouse Caves
Cat vs. Mouse Caves
Jan 24 2010, 3:35 pm
By: Lethoth
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Mar 7 2010, 2:44 am Aristocrat Post #21

Wait, if the cat can buy ground units then can't he just a-move into every base and own the mice?

None.

Mar 7 2010, 5:08 am UnholyUrine Post #22

Yeah, I played this map, and it's just way way too big.

I think 1/5th the size would suffice. Especially since all the terrain are like crazy networks, with high ground to block vision from cats.
The Cat had no chance.

Wait, if the cat can buy ground units then can't he just a-move into every base and own the mice?
No.. it is an age-old strategy in Cat and Mouse games... Once u get SCV, build some marines, and build a building/unattacking unit, and then lift a CC to cover it. The Cat will try to attack the rines, and the Cat player won't be able to click the building to get in.

None.

Mar 7 2010, 6:15 am fat_flying_pigs Post #23

Quote from name:doomedrusher
In addition to what UU said, scv's are really cheap, they can build liftable cc's, and the the cc's can build scv's for the same price.
All the mouse needs to do (what I did), is build 1 Nextus. Then buy some scv's, and build cc's. Each cc builds more scv's and those scv's make more cc's. At that rate, the zergling can hardly keep up with the rate of expansion of 1 mouse, let alone 6. The players who aren't being attacked easily get tons of money, and just gather air units. And since the mice will dominate the map, they will be able to see the cat and his minions.

None.

Mar 7 2010, 8:18 am Wing Zero Post #24

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

You obviously haven't played my cat :D all the cat has to do is get a hydra and the cc is dead which means the mouse is dead too.

Mar 7 2010, 8:23 am UnholyUrine Post #25

yeah.... sure.. by that time, I had 2 Ghost hunters, which raped the hydra, cause they can cloak

None.

Mar 7 2010, 9:49 am Wing Zero Post #26

Again, you obviously haven't played muh kittay. :D

Mar 8 2010, 6:25 pm Lethoth Post #27

Guys, you just noobs. Cats always have a chance, it's just there are not so much pro cats as before. It's really easy to own a mass of air units... why do you have kerrigan with psionic storm? why do you have defiler? WHY DO YOU HAVE UPGRADES?. and cat just needs to get upgrades and browse the shop to have all the mice at his feet. The map is not big. It's just an illusion caused by the small pathing and small bases, the map is still 128x128 as most of CnM maps.
3 month intense testing = best balance. So just get different strategies, and start practicing.

About the command centers, queen can infest them and you get a lot of infesteds near the middle, near the corners etc. so basically the mouse is owning himself when he gets a lot of command centers. As you noticed, command center is not that easy to kill so you can infest it much easier.

None.

Mar 8 2010, 7:12 pm Wing Zero Post #28

Quote from Lethoth
About the command centers, queen can infest them and you get a lot of infesteds near the middle, near the corners etc. so basically the mouse is owning himself when he gets a lot of command centers. As you noticed, command center is not that easy to kill so you can infest it much easier.

About that....
most of the time i one-hit CCs so its really hard to infest them :/

Mar 9 2010, 12:25 am Lethoth Post #29

Quote from Wing Zero
Quote from Lethoth

About that....
most of the time i one-hit CCs so its really hard to infest them :/

Use other stuff to damage it :boxed: if you are fast, plague works

None.

Mar 9 2010, 1:20 am Aristocrat Post #30

You could just give CCs 4 hp and high armor...then it'll be easy to damage for infestation. (I don't know if a 1/2 HP CC burns down or not, but it would be better due to requiring only 4 hits)

None.

Mar 9 2010, 2:21 am UnholyUrine Post #31

Guys, you just noobs. Cats always have a chance, it's just there are not so much pro cats as before. It's really easy to own a mass of air units... why do you have kerrigan with psionic storm? why do you have defiler? WHY DO YOU HAVE UPGRADES?. and cat just needs to get upgrades and browse the shop to have all the mice at his feet. The map is not big. It's just an illusion caused by the small pathing and small bases, the map is still 128x128 as most of CnM maps.
3 month intense testing = best balance. So just get different strategies, and start practicing.
All of this is debunked by the fact that..
Cat and Mouse is about Cat and mouse.. not about units that cats pay for vs units that mouse pay for.
Which is why I still prefer the classic classic.. isom terrained, original versions of cat and mouse... any upgrading/square terrain just don't do it..

None.

Mar 9 2010, 3:56 am Wing Zero Post #32

Quote from UnholyUrine
Cat and Mouse is about Cat and mouse.. not about units that cats pay for vs units that mouse pay for.
Which is why I still prefer the classic classic.. isom terrained, original versions of cat and mouse... any upgrading/square terrain just don't do it..

Boooooo

Mar 9 2010, 3:01 pm Lethoth Post #33

Quote from Wing Zero
Quote from UnholyUrine

Boooooo

I agree with Hayley (WingZero)

None.

Mar 9 2010, 11:32 pm UnholyUrine Post #34

WUT?!? It's TRUE..
All the new stuff's cool.. but the original Cat and Mouse... with scv and only a few units available.. Isom terrain.. where always the most Micro-heavy, intense, yet balanced CnM versions..

There was one that uses a space terrain.. and that one still beats all...

I miss the good ol' days

None.

Mar 10 2010, 2:52 pm Lethoth Post #35

I invented my own style of CnM, as you can see there's no map similar to my Cat vs Mouse games. So you can never compare this with old maps

None.

Mar 12 2010, 3:01 pm Kinexkid90 Post #36

the :facts: is, that Lethoth makes some of the best CnM maps ever, along with other awesome maps. So you just got owned :lock:

(PS. I just discovered all the fun smileys :uberw00t:)

None.

Mar 17 2010, 12:45 am UnholyUrine Post #37

Yeah.. No...
this isn't a map about things an Ultra can buy vs things Probes can buy.
With that, this map fails considerably.

And why shouldn't I compare this w/ old maps? Evidently, this new "style" of yours isn't as good as old CnM..
it's just not the same.

This would've worked better as a Diplo map or a Risk type map instead.
Right now, what we got is just a cat and mouse game ... that isn't really a cat and mouse game.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 12:55 am Lethoth Post #38

Well Unholy, if you don't like it then don't play it. I make maps for people who appreciates my hard work and enjoys sharing entertainment with me. The only thing you do is criticize my work, and I have one thing to tell you: time elapses. It will never be like in old times, people wants new stuff and I've noticed that because people shares their opinions with me, and I do my best to make my maps according to popular demand. Balance is almost perfect, (if I say perfect many people would not like that expression, and my post would be deleted) if you are losing/getting owned then it means you are being slower than your enemy so that's why he took advantage. But when that happens, you can still win if you are smart and change your technique quickly, and according to the situation.

None.

Mar 17 2010, 12:57 am Aristocrat Post #39

Oh please, a-move takes no skill. This version actually requires micromanagement.

And for the "type" of CnM you are talking about, how does a mouse actually win without making things? Real mice can't spawn pylons or nexuses (nexa?).

None.

Mar 17 2010, 12:58 am Lethoth Post #40

I don't know if you noticed, in ALL the Cat n Mouse games you build stuff.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum