Jan 14 2010, 11:28 pm
By: InsolubleFluff
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jan 20 2010, 1:54 am BiOAtK Post #41

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

I love bookmarks (:

None.

Jan 20 2010, 2:01 am InsolubleFluff Post #42

From what that site says, The bible has more violent passages, but when taking in to consideration the length of either book, the Quran is more violent.

So really it's open to interpretation. I personally don't think Christianity is any good either, but hey, Atheism is the way to go :)

None.

Jan 20 2010, 12:20 pm KrayZee Post #43

Personally, I would say not all Muslims are bad. Just as how not all Christians believe the Earth is flat today. Shocko, you are uninformed about Islam, but I do agree that Muslims should adapt to European culture, not the other way around.

Speaking of uninformed, I also want to point out again that people at India are almost never Muslim, since it seemed you ignored my post.

None.

Jan 20 2010, 6:41 pm InsolubleFluff Post #44

The Indian dresses, the Pakistani dresses, in my eyes, it's the same damn thing. Vibrant colours, gold trimmings and silly patterns, sandals on the feet with uncut toe-nails and silly scarf's over their head. It's just a conflict of language. Much like how in America, 'Asians' are Chinese and in England, 'Asians' are Pakistani.

And I am not saying that all Muslims are bad people, nor am I saying they're all terrorists, but they are just a very violent crowd in my neighbourhood and that's the impression that I will have of them. If you lived here, you'd hate Muslims probably more so than I do. The only reason I am tolerant of them is because of Canada and it's multi-cultural ways.

None.

Jan 21 2010, 4:08 am CaptainWill Post #45

Quote from name:Shocko
I get the impression that our parts of England are ever so different. Come live in Peterborough please :)? It's literally jam packed with islam and racism.

Well sure, I'm not blind to the fact that there are places in the UK with high populations of (sometimes) radical Muslims. I just want to point out that these places are not that common - you are very unlucky to be living in a majority Muslim neighbourhood. It is often the case that when people immigrate from a certain country, they tend to settle in the same part of town so as to have a 'friendly' community around them. You seem to have been caught in the middle of this. :(

I do believe that people of non-British culture should be integrated into society rather than being allowed to segregate themselves and become alienated. However, I also think that aggressively integrating them without any deference to their original cultural practices is a certain way to alienate them. Care is needed.

None.

Jan 23 2010, 7:26 am KrayZee Post #46

Quote from name:Shocko
The Indian dresses, the Pakistani dresses, in my eyes, it's the same damn thing. Vibrant colours, gold trimmings and silly patterns, sandals on the feet with uncut toe-nails and silly scarf's over their head. It's just a conflict of language. Much like how in America, 'Asians' are Chinese and in England, 'Asians' are Pakistani.

And I am not saying that all Muslims are bad people, nor am I saying they're all terrorists, but they are just a very violent crowd in my neighbourhood and that's the impression that I will have of them. If you lived here, you'd hate Muslims probably more so than I do. The only reason I am tolerant of them is because of Canada and it's multi-cultural ways.
Indian fashion is unlike Muslim fashion. A female Muslim is required to cover her entire hair at all times at public, while an Indian woman is allowed to show her hair, or even partially at public. Married Indian women usually have a red dot between their eyebrows, while Muslim women do not have that. Indian writing is distinctively different than Arabic writing, much like how Japanese is significantly different compared to Mandarin. And again, only a small portion of India are Muslims, but Hinduism is the vast majority.
In American schools, Asians, Mexicans, and other nationalities, especially Indian, dresses just like any other American. However, when I was still at School several years back, I saw this girl, obviously Muslim, who covered her hair everyday and is dressed as a Muslim, who do not have American clothing but has an American accent. I literally do not know what her hair even looked like, and neither of its color. So no, it's not the same damn thing, not even close.
And again, Indians hate Pakistanis, and vise versa just as how Israelis hate Muslim countries such as Palestine, and vise versa.

I wouldn't necessarily say Asians would be the equivalent as Muslims. While the first Chinatown took place at San Francisco, immigrants not only kept their culture here, they are very much American if they have excellent English. If Muslims is to Europe, it would be Mexicans is to United States, not Asians or Chinese. While apparently Mexican Americans are allowed to keep their culture in the States, they're not capable of transforming American culture to Mexican culture, especially that they do not shove thoughts in people's throats like the "Muslims at Europe".

None.

Jan 24 2010, 10:52 am InsolubleFluff Post #47

I didn't mean that Muslims to use are what Asians are to you, I meant that in the United Kingdom we use the real version of English. When you are referring to pakistani people in a polite matter, you say they are 'Asian.' That's how everyone around me was raised any way, apparently my part of England is unlucky, which to be fair, sounds about right. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the country was trying to handle all the chavs and not the muslims...

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11984452/Classic_Indian_Wedding_Dress.jpg
http://www.wholesale-beadedjewelry.com/image/salwar_kameez/CFSK-6.jpg

They're pretty similar, I know what I'm talking about when I say indian dress, I'm sure they have a real name, I could check since there's one on the corner of my street absolutely jam packed with the most hideous creations ever.

But yeah, I think we should probably stop discussing my generalizations of asian cultures and get back to the ultimate question of whether or not banning Islam4UK was acceptable. Some people actually felt quite strongly against this on one of the websites I looked at. They thought it was a violation of free speech and that we're being racist in selecting who can talk and who can not.

None.

Jan 24 2010, 5:35 pm ProtoTank Post #48

I don't think that it is a matter of Who can talk, and Who cannot. It is a matter of what should, or should not be said. Should I, as a decision maker of a country, allow a radical group to spread hate about my country... with the final goal of destroying the culture of my country? I think that the decision was logical. Violation of free speech? In the purest sense, yes. It was a violation of free speech. Did you know that the prohibition of the word "bomb" in an airport is a violation of free speech?

Sometimes the practical and necessary override principle.

I'm only here because they patched SC1 and made it free.

Jan 24 2010, 7:47 pm KrayZee Post #49

Shocko, google "Muslim Wedding Dress" and compare to the ones you found for Indian, they are different. The Asian Americans have an American personality, just that stereotypically they would be smart, interest in Japanese Anime, and video games. Plus, especially that I'm Asian, we never forced the government or anyone that we'll shove down their throats to force them in our culture.

Free speech has its own flaws, because it can allow idiots to say something stupid, or make that person look like an ass, with lack of respect. It's good they banned Islam4UK, because they are suppose to adapt British culture, not the other way around. At the States, while they are allowed to keep their culture, usually they adapt to American culture. Like the guy said from the "Appeasing Islam" video, he mentioned that Muslim extremists will remove the idea of freedom and free speech. That made it ironic as how they are using free speech to have an Islam culture, but they don't want free speech. If they don't want free speech in the end, then they don't deserve free speech at all.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum