Jan 1 2010, 8:39 pm
By: DekuNUT  

Jan 1 2010, 8:39 pm DekuNUT Post #1

The Shadow Experiment II
Made by Dekunut. (USWest)

---------------------------------------------------
Back Story

Before I begin, Let me be perfectly honest here. I've been working on this map for quite some time now. But mostly, I've been completely slacking off to a point where I just stopped working on it. I never really had the time to finish the ending since I've been lazy. So instead of letting it rot in my computer for the rest of my life, I decided to release the most completed, bug-free version I have to the general audience. The only thing that isn't completed is the final mission near the end. Think of it as a new years gift from me. So here you go. Cheers! Here's to another lousy year. I hope you enjoy my map as much as I did creating it.

Map Description

A small scout team has been sent inside a biogenetic development facility to respond from a urgent distress signal located inside. You and two squads along with bravo and delta will continue to advance inside to intercept the signal. There has been reports of unknown, and possibly, enemy activity inside the facility. If we act fast, we can solve our problems discreetly without bringing attention to the mass media. After the last event, when top-secret documents were leaked to the public, we do not want to start another uprising. This is a high profile mission and failure is not an option. Stay frosty.

Features

-Gunfire system used from the first map. Modified and improved.

-Ammo system to know how much rounds of ammunition you currently have available.

-New Medical Kit system. You are now able to carry up to two medical kits and use them any anytime during tight situations.

-Added manual reload system. To prepare for upcoming assaults.

-Improved stats for each character for a more balanced, but different style and game-play.
[Armor, Health, Reload speed, Range, Firing speed, Clip size, Special Skills... ect]

-AI Reinforcements from Bravo Team can help with additional firepower and to assist with your current objectives.

-And others more...

Screen Shots

Credits to Emortal, Leon-037, PvT, and Hurt. for the screen shots.

Special Thanks USWest

Neonflame, Anti_freeze, Anti_Suicide, EMOrtal,
Deathwraith, I_Chochoman_I, korneo, Leon-037,
PvT, Hush., Swift_NinJa(, l)rag_Ninja(,
EmptyMemory, Rashaverak, Cragler, x_DeMon_x87,
MNeox, x_Ruben, Bluewire, Wegonnadiesarge,
Shiztheresabear, BlackMagik, mtg_mage, SoupOo,
Koltz, Press_Alt_f4, Durnhold, 1931-talin,
l)eath-cow, Chrono_seifer, Storm_Templar, scyko,
SpiritedFox, Ratsin, Dragon-Blade, Hm-Wind,
HuhWhat[XXX], SwAt_STRSniper, k241]DoD[, E)x(Treme
Plans, MP)Pure, YamatoG, Disphaser,
Dudeman1203, Assasinlord, Brand_Bahr_4...

Clan O), Original

Clan Hoc, [Hang Out Channel (SUCKS lol jk)]

Clan PsX, [??? dont remember]

Clan [PB], [Pro Bounders]

Clan Hm-, [I forgot too lol]

and, Clan Void... for letting me chill there at times lol.

The whole wonderful Staredit.net community. Thanks for the support when i needed it guys.

...and everyone else i know but forgot to mention lol
Thanks for being there for me guys, also for being real jerks.

Updates

-Fixed small ammunition glitch when playing as brown.
-Added a few more supplies near the endgame room.
-Fixed various other small glitches discovered during gameplay.

Download

Special Edition: 2.7mb
Link: http://www.staredit.net/files/1809/
Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FN5K93X7 Updated (1/1/10)

Reguar Edition: 1.7 mb
Link: http://www.staredit.net/?file=1833
Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4585CF78 Updated (1/1/10)

Please feel free to report any glitches, or bugs. I'll do my best to fix them.

Post has been edited 6 time(s), last time on Jan 11 2010, 6:32 am by DekuNUT.

None.

Jan 1 2010, 8:48 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

Seems neat.
Damn you for hacking.
The file is pretty big ;o

None.

Jan 1 2010, 8:53 pm DekuNUT Post #3

I'll also be releasing a regular edition. It's basicly a smaller file size but it misses out on some extra sounds and stuff. The special edition is just the way it's suppose to be played in the first place.

None.

Jan 1 2010, 8:58 pm Marine Post #4

Maps with sfx are always better when it's like this. I liked the first one, btw :O Hopefully this one is better/the same fun, even though I bet it is :D
Also, how did you disable the minimap? Is that ingame or did you photoshop it out?

None.

Jan 2 2010, 12:01 am payne Post #5

:payne:

That was a pretty hard play.
My team failed :)

None.

Jan 2 2010, 12:09 am l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #6

Just here for the activity... well not really

Quote from payne
That was a pretty hard play.
My team failed :)
Only because Scout's gun reloads in a year. :/

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Jan 2 2010, 1:15 am DekuNUT Post #7

Quote from Marine
Maps with sfx are always better when it's like this. I liked the first one, btw :O Hopefully this one is better/the same fun, even though I bet it is :D
Also, how did you disable the minimap? Is that ingame or did you photoshop it out?

Who needs photoshop? Lol jk i opened in paint and just blacked it out. I thought it would ruin some parts if u knew exactly where the screenshots were from.
The game can be hard. But it's not impossible. You can two man this map if your good enough.

None.

Jan 3 2010, 6:52 am Leon-037 Post #8

Quote from payne
Seems neat.
Damn you for hacking.
The file is pretty big ;o

Psh I like hax, I took some of the pics by the way xD Easier to save pictures and all. Win map Deku and it's worth it having the file big. All must play it :D

None.

Jan 4 2010, 2:17 am DekuNUT Post #9

New links are up. I was FINALLY able to upload TSE2 on the SEN database. Also, The regular edition is up and ready for download.
Because some people complained about the massive file size in public games. I don't blame you.

The regular edition is meant to cut down on the file size making the download bearable in public games.
What this means is, I compressed sounds to a point where the quality is lower but not by a lot,
and deleted a few unnecessary sounds to cut down on file size. E.g. Delta Squad's communication sounds

The special edition contains more goodies and stuff than in the regular. But the special isn't really meant for public games.
So enjoy!

Also. . . There's a secret in game. Let's see if anyone can find it. . .
. . .WITHOUT HACKS. THAT MEANS YOU LEON. . .

None.

Jan 7 2010, 8:22 pm Xero Post #10

Downloaded this, will be giving it a go soon. Sounds fun though.

None.

Jan 7 2010, 8:38 pm samsizzle Post #11

This is a good map. I like it when a monster comes out of nowhere and there's a scary noise and your screen centers and it's gone. Fun map, although you could've added something like grenades, and the scout in my game was complaining all the time because his gun took 3 years to reload and reloaded after every shot.

None.

Jan 8 2010, 3:32 am Black Knight Post #12

Great map I hope you finish last mission soon. The only real thing that surprised me was Delta's squads new orders and the separation of the squad. The horror isn't too scary but occasionally I jump at my own allies gunfire.

None.

Jan 8 2010, 5:12 am Xero Post #13

Gah, me and my team died in that one area where zealots and goons started pouring out several rooms. Fun map.

None.

Jan 9 2010, 2:40 am Black Knight Post #14

Quote from Xero
Gah, me and my team died in that one area where zealots and goons started pouring out several rooms. Fun map.
So did mine the first time but the second time we stayed together and advanced through them, they aren't hard once you know it's coming

None.

Jan 9 2010, 5:28 pm ShredderIV Post #15

could you change the font on the op? I would read it, but i am not reading that font/i can't read that font.

None.

Jan 9 2010, 8:36 pm Koltz Post #16

hehe, 3 years later :P

None.

Jan 11 2010, 6:22 am Leon-037 Post #17

Quote from DekuNUT
New links are up. I was FINALLY able to upload TSE2 on the SEN database. Also, The regular edition is up and ready for download.
Because some people complained about the massive file size in public games. I don't blame you.

The regular edition is meant to cut down on the file size making the download bearable in public games.
What this means is, I compressed sounds to a point where the quality is lower but not by a lot,
and deleted a few unnecessary sounds to cut down on file size. E.g. Delta Squad's communication sounds

The special edition contains more goodies and stuff than in the regular. But the special isn't really meant for public games.
So enjoy!

Also. . . There's a secret in game. Let's see if anyone can find it. . .
. . .WITHOUT HACKS. THAT MEANS YOU LEON. . .

Psh I don't use hacks! Well I do but it still doesn't help either way D: Tell me the secrets, I want to know :(

None.

Jan 11 2010, 7:57 am UnholyUrine Post #18

Played this. It was excellent.

Only thing that's lacking is background eerie/ambient music. Then it'd be perfect.

hmm what else can I complain about... ...
there was one part where Mutas are spawned after the player's been thru that part and turn on the computer... I was afk for a bit, so i was left behind, and then spawned mutas just raped me...

For these parts.. maybe make it so that all available players must be next to the computer to activate it? (but it's a small problem... don't have to do it...) May be good to prevent sm dudes just rushing ahead and by accident or by purpose raping all his allies.

None.

Mar 4 2010, 8:21 pm Tempz Post #19

How do you get the apm thing?

please tell me how do i get one :D

None.

Options
  Back to forum