By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 95 96 97 98 99117 >

Dec 14 2010, 3:04 am Sand Wraith Post #1921

she/her

2.0 is out

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

must get map editor

-

Okay, now that team matchmaking and shit is resolved, I think we can reform Team SEN.

A warning: I haven't played in forever.

Call me any time, and if I'm not playing another game already, I'll probably join in on the slaughter.

Dec 14 2010, 3:54 am ShredderIV Post #1922

Yesssss....

Especially now that I have winter break and will have all the time in the world to play HON. That and the fact that my school fixed their shitty internet.

Time to MMstomp some dudes.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 1:18 am Sand Wraith Post #1923

she/her

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=190111

Support it immediately.

Dec 15 2010, 3:35 am ShredderIV Post #1924

Wow... that would be pretty sick...

I played a couple games today, and realized something. I really like gladiator. Ofc I havent perfected the pitfall by any means, but I just like his play style.

1. He's a carry who needs good farm. I've actually seen that my best area is playing carries. However, I think it's borign when you play a hero like say, magebane, where all you can do for like, half the game is farm. Gladiator can actually kinda gank, which is also why I like FA so much as well.

2. He's a tanky beast. Most carries are easy to kill. Glad isnt. Last game, I had just a HOTBL, and it still almost 1v3'd them while they were chasing me.

3. His farming is actually fun. There's nothing like a pitfall whiplash combo that takes out a whole creep wave.

It's also extremely fun, if you're completely dominating, to get a DB and riftshards and almost 1-shot their entire team. Never had the balls to do it myself, but still, it is a possibility.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 2:19 pm Sand Wraith Post #1925

she/her

AFAIK, he's more of a semi-carry like Valkyrie/Torturer/etc. Although he can build up ludicrous physical damage because of his whip, that is his only scaling ability.

Dec 15 2010, 2:35 pm LoveLess Post #1926

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I'd like to join in on the fun. But to be honest, for some reason, I can only play Melee characters. Don't ask why, it just... Is. I can't last it with them and tend to cancel my attacks way too often. I stick to support as well, something about auto-attacking is HARD for me.

I would have to say my best is KotF and Balphagore. Moraxus is fun and I can land his axes pretty easy, but I seem to fail at his ultimate. I just use it to tank at this point, seeing as I just get mass focused when it's up (to avoid it's nuke).

If you guys ever need the extra initiator/support, hit me up. Keep in mind though... My PSR blows. Since I cant carry and theres no good players down at my rating that can carry, it's impossible to get up. Good thing we all start at 1500 in TMR :awesome:

None.

Dec 15 2010, 4:14 pm ShredderIV Post #1927

Quote from Sand Wraith
AFAIK, he's more of a semi-carry like Valkyrie/Torturer/etc. Although he can build up ludicrous physical damage because of his whip, that is his only scaling ability.
Except that the whip is true damage, so it's even better than ludicrous amounts of physical damage!

I'd say glad is a full-on carry. Why? Because he scales well. The issue also is that tbh, he doesnt have a reliable disable until you get lvl 2 in showdown, and even then it has to be timed. Basically, he needs levels and farm to be entirely useful. But I can see where you're coming from as a semi-carry point, it's just that usually semi-carries are semi-carries because they have no scaling abilities.

Plus scaling abilities arent the only thing that make up carries. Look at magebane. The only thing he has that fully 100% scales is his ultimate. His stats make up all of his other scaling.
I'd like to join in on the fun. But to be honest, for some reason, I can only play Melee characters. Don't ask why, it just... Is. I can't last it with them and tend to cancel my attacks way too often. I stick to support as well, something about auto-attacking is HARD for me.
Really, if you're playing a ranged support, you shouldnt ever be last hitting. Also, while having someone that plays support is useful, there are almost no good melee supports in the game. Go for a low-range support like andromeda, you'd probably like her.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 5:04 pm LoveLess Post #1928

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from ShredderIV
Really, if you're playing a ranged support, you shouldnt ever be last hitting. Also, while having someone that plays support is useful, there are almost no good melee supports in the game. Go for a low-range support like andromeda, you'd probably like her.
I was a beast with Vengeful Spirit in DotA, but andro just doesn't have the same auto-attack statistics. Plus her reduce attack in DotA could actually land up to 2 or even 3 times if their moving, making it just as strong as any other nuke. She used to be considered a semi-carry to even a full blown one in DotA, now she is just considered a support. I always try to play her as Venge with the same style, but it never works out.

Also, no good Melee Support? Accursed? Jereziah? Also, I guess I should have said that I can play any initiator as well. I haven't played Glacius or Tempest in a while, but they were my most played back in beta and I could even mid with Glacius and jungle effectively, without getting gang-raped, with Tempest.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 5:35 pm ShredderIV Post #1929

Accursed and jeraziah dont have the power they had in the past. At least in the competitive scene, neither are picked up any more. Mostly because disables are what are currently reigning supreme, and neither of them have one.

Also, We need TMM... Played two pubs today. First, our blue picked arach, i picked glad (trying to get better with him), and the timer started going down. At the last second, the other three picked puppet master, flint, and nh. We were fucked.

Next was a no stats, and I wound up having 6 of the total of 8 kills my team had. Bleh. Got a kill on a steambath magmus with my whip though. It was fun.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 6:25 pm poison_us Post #1930

Back* from the grave

FUCK YEA a buddy just bought me HoN. Time to go noob it up.

Dec 15 2010, 10:01 pm Decency Post #1931

Quote from Sand Wraith

*True damage.

That alone makes him an amazing carry with farm. MSI has been using him a lot in tri-lanes. Helm-->Shroud-->Riftshards is standard, and he can literally one shot people with a shroud+crit if played correctly. He doesn't scale from attack speed though, so Daemonic BP is pretty weak. Just stack STR- Frostwolf Skull or Behemoth's Heart imho. His ultimate's effect is also amazing, and the stun from it isn't bad either. I'd say he's a semi-carry in pubs usually because it's hard to get dedicated farm for him like top players do in tri-lanes, but if he gets farm he's scary.

Andro is stronger than VS. Her ultimate range is buffed, her nuke hasn't been nerfed as hard, her aura is toggleable, and her Aurora cancels potions. She's autopick in tri-lanes atm.

As for melee supports, yeah, they kind of suck. Not being able to harass or deny easily makes them pretty bad in lane and their abilities simply don't usually make up for it.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 10:17 pm ShredderIV Post #1932

Quote from name:FaZ-
Quote from Sand Wraith

*True damage.

That alone makes him an amazing carry with farm. MSI has been using him a lot in tri-lanes. Helm-->Shroud-->Riftshards is standard, and he can literally one shot people with a shroud+crit if played correctly. He doesn't scale from attack speed though, so Daemonic BP is pretty weak. Just stack STR- Frostwolf Skull or Behemoth's Heart imho. His ultimate's effect is also amazing, and the stun from it isn't bad either. I'd say he's a semi-carry in pubs usually because it's hard to get dedicated farm for him like top players do in tri-lanes, but if he gets farm he's scary.

Andro is stronger than VS. Her ultimate range is buffed, her nuke hasn't been nerfed as hard, her aura is toggleable, and her Aurora cancels potions. She's autopick in tri-lanes atm.

As for melee supports, yeah, they kind of suck. Not being able to harass or deny easily makes them pretty bad in lane and their abilities simply don't usually make up for it.
Yeah, thats always been my build for glad. Cept that i go for a chalice in between helm and shroud. That way you never have mana problems.

It's especially fun if you can get the helm extremely early. I went up against a magmus panda lane, with a hellbringer beside me, and while HB died 3 times, I got 4 kills. Then could stun me all they wanted, and still they couldnt kill me.

None.

Dec 15 2010, 10:54 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1933

Just here for the activity... well not really

There's a replay somewhere out there with a fed gladiator with 2 doombringers. He killed 5 heroes in just one hit.
Not saying he requires 2 doombringers to carry, but he is very potent with that true splash.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Dec 18 2010, 6:51 am Sand Wraith Post #1934

she/her

Found a Touhou group in HoN: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/group.php?groupid=272
and a clan: http://clans.heroesofnewerth.com/clan/Toho

Dec 20 2010, 5:55 pm poison_us Post #1935

Back* from the grave

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=23872809

Very happy about first game as Devourer since the beta. The only guy I had to worry about was Rampage doing his new drag thing, and even then I was doing more damage to myself from decay than he was dealing to me.

Dec 20 2010, 7:56 pm Decency Post #1936

Quote from poison_us
http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=23872809

Very happy about first game as Devourer since the beta. The only guy I had to worry about was Rampage doing his new drag thing, and even then I was doing more damage to myself from decay than he was dealing to me.

Lololololol.

Scout, Night Hound, Blood Hunter, Rampage, Fayde.

I don't know if I could possibly pick a newbier team... hahaha.

None.

Dec 20 2010, 8:24 pm ShredderIV Post #1937

Yeah, the EM invasion has hurt a lot of people.

Me right clicked on gladiator, other pub on arachna. 3..2..1.. who do the other three on our team pick at the last second?

Night hound, puppet master, and flint beastwood. And then they wonder why we got rolled.

I found out recently also, that I can apparently play valkyrie well. Went 7-0-7 before I stopped caring. Finished the game with 5000 gold saved up at 30 minutes or so, but got two more deaths pretty much because I hadn't spent money to get a geometers bane. Had a couple pro-looking arrows in there.

Apparently I like playing carries and Ganker/semi-carries a lot. I don't mind playing support that much either, but for me it just isnt always as fun. That and I hate it when pub carries always blame me for them being stupid and dying all the time.

None.

Dec 22 2010, 2:33 am Decency Post #1938

Won my first matchmaking game, got Bloodlust versus an 1800+ Deadwood mid and ended with a Bloodbath.

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=23944785

I like the new system already. =D

None.

Dec 23 2010, 7:43 pm l)ark_ssj9kevin Post #1939

Just here for the activity... well not really

Just played a 70+ min game.
It went 4v5 early on, and about an hour into the game it went to 3v5. We had stupidly good pushing powers, but their pyro/WS had spellshards which hurt like hell. For about 20 minutes, all raxes were down (both sides) and we were defending against 5. Eventually they caught us genocided (I bought back like 10 times) and won.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 23 2010, 7:51 pm by l)ark_ssj9kevin.

guy lifting weight (animated smiley):

O-IC
OI-C

"Oh, I see it"

Dec 24 2010, 9:33 pm Sand Wraith Post #1940

she/her

coinscoinscoins

Coin farming is the greatest.

I'm saving up for the Flamboyant Announcer pack. YEAAAA

Options
Pages: < 1 « 95 96 97 98 99117 >
  Back to forum