Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Quick triggers knowledge test
Quick triggers knowledge test
Aug 24 2009, 6:04 pm
By: Wormer  
Polls
Give the full description of what happens to the other players, when a victory action is executed for one of the players P.
Give the full description of what happens to the other players, when a victory action is executed for one of the players P.
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Player P receives victory. All other players receive defeat. 7

22%
None.
Player P receives victory. All other players continue to play. 6

19%
None.
Player P and all his true allies receive victory. All other players receive defeat. 14

44%
None.
Your variant... (Post in the topic.) 5

16%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 32 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Aug 25 2009, 12:56 pm Kaias Post #21

Quote from Wormer
Woot?????/ :shocked: I've tested this myself! Ugh.. wired. Let me test it again.....

EDIT: It has even nothing to do with hyper triggers. Have a look at the test map. And don't tell me it finishes in victory for you...
EDIT2: Ugh! :blush: It is a singleplayer difference! WIRED.
I'm not sure that you're understanding me, though it should be quite clear. The map you posted wouldn't test this either way and I'm pretty sure singleplayer has nothing to do with it.

Look at the triggers for this map. According to your theory (at least as I understand it) the display text would run. According to mine it won't.

None.

Aug 25 2009, 1:13 pm Wormer Post #22

Quote from Kaias
Look at the triggers for this map. According to your theory (at least as I understand it) the display text would run. According to mine it won't.
Look at this, in singleplayer it will. :P
The reason is nuances.
Quote from Wormer
I'll leave for you to find all the nuances and consequences this behavior causes.

Some.

Aug 25 2009, 1:28 pm Kaias Post #23

Ah, I see what you mean. It continues running only for the players that get victory only since everyone else gets a defeat or draw and are dead when the loop ends and victory players have the option of continuing play. The real point though is that only you can only acquire victory in that one loop.

None.

Aug 26 2009, 7:06 pm fritfrat Post #24

I've always made my maps so the victors all get a victory trigger and the people who lose either get nothing or a defeat. Works for me well enough I don't need to know all this crazy business :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum