Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Abducted! [BETA]
Abducted! [BETA]
Jun 26 2009, 12:01 pm
By: Zxblqcktptyjsplkn  

Jun 26 2009, 12:01 pm Zxblqcktptyjsplkn Post #1

Abducted! is a mini-mod I made. You start out with a UFO, which is your resource-gatherer. Cast the UFO's Abduct spell on a Civilian (they randomly spawn) to Abduct it, which gives you 10 minerals. (This is the only way to get minerals.) You can use these minerals to build Alien Greys (Tassadars) and Cybermechas (Dragoons). Both are built at the Energy Crystal (Pylon), which may not be built next to other Energy Crystals. Each Crystal provides 1 Psi. You may also build Laser Batteries (Photon Cannons), which cost 2 Psi but no Minerals.

Currently, the mod may only be played on one map, which is included. I will release more maps soon.

Attachments:
Abducted!.exe
Hits: 16 Size: 281.61kb
(2)Astral Balance.scm
Hits: 9 Size: 56.34kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 26 2009, 12:08 pm by Zxblqcktptyjsplkn.

None.

Jun 26 2009, 12:57 pm Vi3t-X Post #2

Hah. Looks interesting. Let's see if it's worthwhile. :P

Edit:

Only play Protoss. Terran has nothing, and Zerg crashes.
Has to be played on UMS. If Terran is chosen, game will end in defeat for said player.
Probes don't have any ability, but based off the triggers, you've replaced the 'gather' function with spawn broodlings, and remove broodlings to give 10 minerals.
I tried to add in a computer player, but that didn't work out too well.

Edit2:

http://www.staredit.net/topic/3363/

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 26 2009, 1:15 pm by Vi3t-X.

None.

Jun 26 2009, 1:04 pm Zxblqcktptyjsplkn Post #3

Does anyone know how to mod trigs? I need them to be able to play on non-custom maps.

None.

Jun 26 2009, 3:07 pm ForTheSwarm Post #4

Use PyTRIG to write the triggers, then click "Save as GOT compatible". Save it, then add it to your mod as triggers\melee.trg.

I hope you don't fail as much as your brother does.

None.

Jun 26 2009, 6:49 pm Sand Wraith Post #5

she/her

Fix the tooltips. That is all.

Other then that, it was pretty fun.

EDIT:
Don't forget to remove the Vespene cost for the Aliens. Stats for the units should probably be changed a little, and... Eh, can't think of anymore at the moment. General balance issues, blah blah blah.

EDIT2:
By "fix the tooltips", I meant correct the hotkeys so that they don't conflict and so that they show the energy costs for spells. Lower Scan's energy cost.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 26 2009, 6:55 pm by New-.Hydrolisk.

Options
  Back to forum