Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: Player drops
Player drops
Jun 6 2009, 11:58 am
By: i_shaLL_kiLL_U_  

Jun 6 2009, 11:58 am i_shaLL_kiLL_U_ Post #1

I been playing 2v2v2v2 games with some-what trust worthy players -- not accusing them of hacking. Pre 1.16.1 we weren't dropping when we played. The "formula" for a drop appears to be map max + someone goes carriers + more than 6 players + long game = high probability that someone is going to drop. But map max is emphasized here. Though, sometimes there is an odd random drop in early game.

Anyone have some insight -- thoughts?

None.

Jun 6 2009, 12:02 pm Vi3t-X Post #2

Desync.

None.

Jun 6 2009, 7:05 pm Falkoner Post #3

If there used to be a hack protection, the section in memory it looked at may have changed with the patch, so now it becomes true under certain conditions, which are client-side only.

None.

Jun 6 2009, 10:09 pm i_shaLL_kiLL_U_ Post #4

Quote from Vi3t-X
Desync.
Elaborate...

Quote from Falkoner
If there used to be a hack protection, the section in memory it looked at may have changed with the patch, so now it becomes true under certain conditions, which are client-side only.

Do you know what these "certain conditions" are?

Also, it happened again and it fit the "formula" mapmax+cars+6players=someone drops; it was a team that dropped. It seems to happen to a whole team more often than just a single player. Could it be possible that somehow a team does something that doesn't register with the other teams and causes them to drop?

None.

Jun 6 2009, 10:17 pm Falkoner Post #5

Hmmm.. When they drop, does it have the timer, or do they just drop immediately?

None.

Jun 6 2009, 10:32 pm i_shaLL_kiLL_U_ Post #6

No timer just a drop. Though I'm 95% sure it's not a drop hack; happens too much when those conditions are met.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 12:49 am i_shaLL_kiLL_U_ Post #7

Another thing I've noticed is that it seems to happen to certain hosts. Some hosts never seem to have people drop. So this "formula" may only be a catalyst for the drop when a certain host creates a game. One host in particular has a problem when he joins a game with more than two people he lags, so he has to create. The opposite of a latency host I guess. So, maybe it is the host. :dontgetit:

None.

Jun 8 2009, 2:49 am Falkoner Post #8

Are some people using Macs or something? Different OSes may drop.

None.

Jun 16 2009, 6:22 am i_shaLL_kiLL_U_ Post #9

No. All same OS. It has to do with map max for sure.

None.

Jun 16 2009, 11:32 am Vi3t-X Post #10

Occasionally when playing a map that has a ton of units, clustered and uncluttered, players may drop.

Why do I say desync? Ever played a diplo map with a bunch of people and notice people dropping? Yeah.

None.

Jun 26 2009, 2:59 am poison_us Post #11

Back* from the grave

Desync is short for Desynchronization. It basically means what one person's starcraft program is trying to do differs from another player's. When a player looks at, AI effects the difference, or the minimap shows/doesn't show the difference, it causes people to disconnect. Sometimes it also crashes SC.

Options
  Back to forum