Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Projects > Topic: Seacraft
Seacraft
May 27 2009, 3:10 am
By: RoryFenrir  

May 31 2009, 12:40 am Hercanic Post #21

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Okay, good, it works, but what happens when the main structure is destroyed after one or both of them have morphed?

May 31 2009, 8:38 pm Devourer Post #22

Hello

Quote from Hercanic
Okay, good, it works, but what happens when the main structure is destroyed after one or both of them have morphed?
The addons are intact and can still upgrade things. We aren't sure wheter we will change that.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

May 31 2009, 10:25 pm RoryFenrir Post #23

ya i never really thought about that.

Anyway, progress wise i got the new big crab, it looks pretty sweet and is probably one of my favorite units now. Other than that we are figuring out spells, when we get them laid out ill post each unit and it's abilities.

None.

Jun 1 2009, 7:49 am Biophysicist Post #24

I still say you should add more units. A cloaker would be nice. (But don't use the Marine for anything, I used it's DC in something I'm making for RoryFenrir for this mod.)

None.

Jun 1 2009, 8:22 am Devourer Post #25

Hello

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
I still say you should add more units. A cloaker would be nice. (But don't use the Marine for anything, I used it's DC in something I'm making for RoryFenrir for this mod.)
We probably add a human race, after the competition because we need to done the first race, and there probably will be a observer-submarine which can cloak.

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Jun 1 2009, 10:17 pm RoryFenrir Post #26

whoa wait a minute, can you use something else? The marine is currently the stingray, for the range upgrade.

If i get time i would do either a giant lobster or angler

None.

Jun 2 2009, 12:13 am A_of-s_t Post #27

aka idmontie

Where's the Nautilus? You can't have an under water mod without Captain Nemo.

Personal GitHub
Starcraft GitHub Organization - Feel free to request member status!
TwitchTV

Jun 2 2009, 2:00 am Pandut Post #28

I'm just a fish

Quote from A_of-s_t
Where's the Nautilus? You can't have an under water mod without Captain Nemo.

Yeah, have be like a wandering unit, like a critter :bleh:

None.

Jun 2 2009, 6:18 am Biophysicist Post #29

Quote from RoryFenrir
whoa wait a minute, can you use something else? The marine is currently the stingray, for the range upgrade.
Sure. How about the Civilian?

None.

Jun 3 2009, 2:43 am RoryFenrir Post #30

sounds good. Nautilis would be good, thats a nother point i think i forgot to mention, I would like to have triggers that guide hostile critters, like big swarms of sharks that roam randomly around the map, to add some extra variation

None.

Jun 3 2009, 3:15 pm bajadulce Post #31

Hostile neutrals :) Love the idea.

None.

Jun 4 2009, 2:46 am A_of-s_t Post #32

aka idmontie

Quote from bajadulce
Hostile neutrals :) Love the idea.
Only spawn them in late game.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Jun 5 2009, 12:39 am RoryFenrir Post #33

Its not really my idea, im pretty sure armagedeon onslaught did this first

None.

Jun 6 2009, 6:15 am bajadulce Post #34

Mesk definitely modifies any unit id he can get his hands on that's for sure and neutrals are prime pickings. I don't think he has any hostile neutrals in his mod tho. Modded neutral units for sure, but they did not remain neutral. Funguscraft is about the only mod I know of offhand that has modded neutrals. Maybe there are others that slip my mind? ShadowFlare did make a file in which kakarus were hostile tho spawning random psi storms! yikes that would be a nice surprise to your worker line! :) so I guess you can call hers a mini "mod".

Modding neutral units goes right there along with doodads and all those other little details. By themselves they don't mean a lot, but all together, they make a big difference.

Did the B52's make a song called Shark Attack?
... get out of the water and don't look back.. googling just for the heck of knowing.

None.

Jun 6 2009, 12:36 pm Biophysicist Post #35

1) Do the modded neutrals actually run AI scripts, or just have random useweapons in their iscript? (If the latter, you should probably trgtrangecondjmp it so they can't shoot from halfway across the map, and also randcondjmp it.)

2) SF is a girl? O_O

None.

Jun 8 2009, 4:53 am A_of-s_t Post #36

aka idmontie

2) SF is a girl? O_O
... Of course.

And, if you're going to put in hostile neutrals, make sure they don't become hostile untill mid/late-game. It wouldn't really be a good idea to have players die right off the bat because a group of neutral units gangbanged their base.

Personal GitHub
TwitchTV

Options
  Back to forum