Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: MMORPGs
MMORPGs
May 17 2009, 8:16 pm
By: Centreri
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

May 26 2009, 4:43 pm Falkoner Post #21

Run Escape!

It's not good enough to suck your life completely into it, it's free, it's perfect!

None.

May 26 2009, 9:01 pm Jack Post #22

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Back on topic, theres dead frontier, which is a zombie MMo. My clan plays it as one of our games other than Sc.

And theres always runescape...:bleh:

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 26 2009, 9:50 pm Falkoner Post #23

If you learn Java, Runescape is incredibly easy to make bots for, there's lists for all the variables and such on the internet, so you can easily write a bot using those using Java.

None.

May 27 2009, 12:01 am Vi3t-X Post #24

Quote from name:zany_001
Back on topic, theres dead frontier, which is a zombie MMo. My clan plays it as one of our games other than Sc.

And theres always runescape...:bleh:
I got tired of that quickly. I play games to get challenged. After I outranked DM and Lingie, I got tired of it. :(

None.

May 27 2009, 4:19 pm Pigy_G Post #25

I took a break from sc for awhile and played runescape.. Damn I was missing out. If anyone wants my acc pm me lol.

None.

May 27 2009, 11:34 pm UnholyUrine Post #26

I used to have an account... Level 80 something... UnholyAss .. you couldn't even say my name.. as it'd appear "Unholy***" ...
:( .. unfortunately, i was permanently banned because one of my friends became a mod and snitched on me.. it was horrible :(..

anyway.. I can still play with my friend's account :P... poke 1234 .. however.. it would mostly not be me on.. so don't bother.. and he's level 100 something.. with level 99 hunting, 99 cooking.. and he's going for 99 thieving right now...
I have a friend who's level 99 prayer also.. fucking crazy @_@
Not to mention that in my group of friends (about 5 people) we have every single Party Hats...... .. except blue cause one of those idiots when to ape atoll without noticing it was in the inventory. (this is the problem with shared accounts smtimes)

Runescape is fun only if you're high level enough, have a strategy for money.. and go on members and play solely for quests... Unfortunately, many good quests require high level'd skills .... which is kind of a lame incentive...

None.

Jun 8 2009, 12:54 pm Jesusfreak Post #27

I have 3 pieces of advice for you on this subject:

1.) WoW isn't, like, horrible, but it's been on a steady decline for a while now. I always seem to have this bad knack of starting my career in an MMO right after it's golden age ends... XD. Simply put, WoW isn't fun, unless you like grinding, "raiding," alliance noobs (or horde noobs, if you're actually on the alliance o_O) ganking and camping you (if in a pvp realm), instancing, etc to be fun. And of course, since MMOs were made for pvp, WoW pretty much fails. When are the MMO industries going to figure out that if we wanted to play against a computer, we could just play a cheaper, pay-only-one time game? Or am I the only one who sees it that way?
Oh, and the playerbase is kinda... not nice. I have even more emotional scars from WoW than I do RS (and less positive memories too). I could go into it but you probably don't care, right?

2.) Runescape, last I heard, SUCKS. Of course, I quit in August 2007, so I might not be completely up to date, but from what I've heard from a friend who played runescape more recently, it's gotten even worse. Here's a list of reasons I can remember not to play RS:
a.) The population. Most of the population is either 10 year old noobs or bots (I've actually heard rumors that they've been cracking down on the bots, but I'm not certain). Remember, bots are bad for the economy.
b.) The AI for the monsters suck. I remember being able to kill things way higher than my level simply by getting a bow out and shooting at things, and hiding behind rocks. If an object is between you and the monster, usually the monster will just sit there while you kill it instead of going around it. Has this been fixed?
c.) Their pvp sucks, firstly because the only pvp in the entire game is castlewars and the wild (and from what I heard, they completely ruined the wild by introducing some new minigame where you can only kill certain people), and magic is horribly underpowered (or at least it was when I played, dunno if it's changed). Wizards are supposed to be good against warriors, but in reality, all the warrior has to do to make himself nigh-invulnerable to magic is throw on some dragon leather, or whatever that high-ranking archer armor was called (you could switch gear in combat). The combat system seems to be completely about who has the most money rather than who has the most skill - all you do to attack is click on the target and watch, so the only real skill involved is using the right weapons, for example, maces own platemail, arrows own cloth armor, etc (so it boils down to who can afford to carry around the greatest variety of weapons/armor).
d.) Their economy sucked when I played, and from what I've heard, it sucks even more now. In Runescape, certain rare items (such as party hats) were sold at ludricrously high prices, which wouldn't be so bad, except that they have no use whatsoever other than to show off your wealth. I'll never understand why someone who be willing to pay, what was it, 12M for Dragon Chainmail when the superior armor from the barrows minigame was somewhere closer to 1M at most (I think... it might have been even lower than that, or slightly higher). Besides that, there's another problem - simply put, gold is too useful. Almost everything besides quest items can be traded for gold, which means that all a player has to do to get ownage armor is get a bot and farm whatever (usually flax or wood). And from what my friend's told me, Runescape changed the trading system to where you can only sell certain items for certain prices or for certain other items, effectively destroying the ability of one to give things to another person, to determine his prices (and therefore beat compitition or make a profit selling), etc. In other words, if I've been told correctly, Runescape has become a communist state (which doesn't really work that well in games that are designed to be fun XD).
e.) The quests are few and far in between, and generally not very rewarding (some give useful rewards, such as access to a new area). Most require a skill level that requires grinding to get to (which isn't fun for most people). At least the quests are actually well thought out and not something like "kill x amount of such and such," but there's so few of them, it's usually not too hard to find a guide that will go through step by step how to do every quest (I had this one site in particular that I went to a lot back when I played).
f.) Religions made up solely for the purpose of a game (as in, intentionally false and for the purpose of "fun") kinda split the community. Back when I played RS, I was a hardcore Zamorakian (if you really want me to, I can explain why... I had this huge debate on why Zamorak was morally better than Saradomin, and none of the Saradomists could answer it with any intelligence), although now I'd probably be closer to a Guthix-Zamorakian hybrid.
Of course, it wasn't all bad. I had a couple great friends on RS. For example, there was this one guy, I think his name was Shirakio or Shiraiko or something like that, and he was the first (and the only off the top of my head) person who was actually nice to me for no reason whatsoever... I still remember the day we met: He liked my debate on the forums about Zamorak, and he literally gave me (a complete stranger at the time) a free set of Zamorak Robes - and not the cheap red kind, I mean the ~500k per piece treasure trial set that I had been striving to get for ages (I ended up giving it back to him later when his account got hacked and had items stolen, but it was still nice XD). I also remember how I would give out free zamorak robes (the cheap red kind, lol XD) at castlewars and covert people to Zamorak's cause XD. Good times. But they weren't worth all the pain I went through too (I could go into this if you want but you're probably tired of reading stuff about RS by now, right?)

3.) I head that Shadowbane was a good MMO. Old graphics (3d though), pretty good gameplay from what I've read. I couldn't really try it though, because my comp would randomly crash while playing it about 5 minutes into the game D=. You should try Shadowbane =D. IT'S FREE. It used to have a fee, but the company pretty much closed down for some reason and left their game to be played for free so they could keep on the MMO market.

Sorry for all the text walls >_<.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 8:32 pm Syphon Post #28

I tried WoW, EVE, Maple Story, and the one I kept up with for the longest was Maple Story.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 8:56 pm Echo Post #29

Maplestory pissed me off. The more I played, the more I realized that 90% of the players were under 14 at that time. It was okay on beta, but then they started adding all these useless shit. It was also boring because all you do is grind and each time you level, it adds another day for the amount of time to level to the next. I ended up hacking and then the game turned pointless so I just quit and gave my account to my cousin. My brother sold his for like $100. The buyer is sad.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 9:59 pm Vi3t-X Post #30

MMORPGs are good for one thing.

That is selling your leveled accounts to nerds that want high levels for a price that reflects the effort you put into getting that cash. :P

None.

Jun 8 2009, 10:11 pm Corbo Post #31

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Sounds like a pretty good deal actually.
In most MMOs it shouldn't take more than a week (Playing at least 5 hours dialy) to get a decent sellable level.
Depending on the level and popularity of the MMO you could get up to $500 (Yeah, I've seen WoW accounts to go for really high) So that's like...
$5.7 and hour selling your account for $200. I'm going to start a company and hire people to play. There's a lot of gamers out there that want to be paid for having fun :P

They'd make the leveling and so on and then we'd sell the accounts. They could easily buy accounts for anyone else but we'd guarantee safeness and proper transactions.
Who's in for CEO chairman with me? :P

fuck you all

Jun 8 2009, 10:15 pm Jesusfreak Post #32

Isn't selling MMO accounts illegal and will result in a permanent IP ban for all involved parties? O_o

None.

Jun 8 2009, 10:16 pm Corbo Post #33

Who said anything about revealing information on what accounts are we selling? :P

fuck you all

Jun 8 2009, 10:18 pm Jesusfreak Post #34

They'll know. IT is watching you. Be more paranoid =O.

None.

Jun 8 2009, 11:28 pm Phobos Post #35

Are you sure about that?

The blast radius of my lol will break the eardrums of many people if those guys come down to our little country just to sue us because of selling accounts.

this is signature

Jun 8 2009, 11:38 pm Corbo Post #36

Quote from name:Almost Alive
The blast radius of my lol will break the eardrums of many people if those guys come down to our little country just to sue us because of selling accounts.
That said,
MMO admins want to sue us? Bring it, bitches!

fuck you all

Jun 9 2009, 12:10 am Vi3t-X Post #37

Quote from Corbo
In most MMOs it shouldn't take more than a week (Playing at least 5 hours dialy) to get a decent sellable level.
Depending on the level and popularity of the MMO you could get up to $500 (Yeah, I've seen WoW accounts to go for really high) So that's like...
$5.7 and hour selling your account for $200. I'm going to start a company and hire people to play. There's a lot of gamers out there that want to be paid for having fun :P

They'd make the leveling and so on and then we'd sell the accounts. They could easily buy accounts for anyone else but we'd guarantee safeness and proper transactions.

I'm in.

None.

Jun 9 2009, 1:35 am Fisty Post #38

Quote from Corbo

Hey! Feck off that was my idea! D:

None.

Jun 9 2009, 5:49 pm New-Guy Post #39

Quote from Vi3t-X
Quote from Corbo

I'm in.

I wanna join!

None.

Jun 9 2009, 5:58 pm Jesusfreak Post #40

Lol, everyone wants to join in the illegal account selling activities XD.
Ya know, if you make this too professional and accessible, you might end up driving the price of accounts down =P.

By the way, if you want to actually MAKE your own MMO (and you're serious), I know a good forum site you can go to. Is it ok advertise other forums by posting links to them?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum