Staredit Network > Forums > General StarCraft > Topic: EMERGANCY!!!!!
EMERGANCY!!!!!
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 3 2009, 5:03 pm
By: kidblaze  

May 3 2009, 9:40 pm Sand Wraith Post #21

she/her

*Facepalm.*

Do you have your CD-Key, kidblaze?

May 3 2009, 9:41 pm bajadulce Post #22

No, I'm saying that stardat.mpq holds YOUR ORIGINAL cd key that you entered when you installed SC. Uninstall removes stardat.mpq. Once you've lost stardat.mpq, you've lost your only chance of having a legit copy since you have no cd key written down anywhere. IF you had a cd-key, then none of this would be an issue.

None.

May 3 2009, 9:43 pm kidblaze Post #23

OK, guys. To clear all misunderstandings, I'll repeat. When I said I got the CD Key this already, qwert, that meant that I read that it was called CD KEY not IP number, not that I found it. And, I don't have the CD Key so I DIDN'T get a chance to reinstall it. And, I'm saying that I lost the little black paper disc case with the CD Key sticker on the front.
And, I also already uninstalled SC :-(
That clear all misunderstandings? good... :-_-:

None.

May 3 2009, 9:46 pm bajadulce Post #24

Then you're screwed just as I said unless you somehow installed SC on your parents or somebody elses computer in the house. You will need to copy stardat.mpq from those computers AND STORE IT IN A SAFE PLACE AS THIS IS NOW YOUR ONLY CD KEY. IF not.. time to go buy a new game or stick to single player and non-bnet games.

None.

May 3 2009, 9:47 pm Sand Wraith Post #25

she/her

Kidblaze does not know how to articulate himself.

If you, kidblaze, do not have your CD-Key and your copy of StarCraft is not installed anywhere else, then you are screwed.

May 3 2009, 9:51 pm Vi3t-X Post #26

Depending on how you "uninstalled" StarCraft, and if copies linger on other computers, you can go into your registry and hack out the CD-Key.

None.

May 3 2009, 9:53 pm kidblaze Post #27

So, basically I'm screwed tighter than a bolt on a wrecking ball's chain if I can't find my case with the CD Key?
Or, I can hack into the disk and burn out the Multiple CD Key possibilities ;)
BRB

None.

May 3 2009, 9:55 pm Vi3t-X Post #28

If you're using Windows OS, you can go into the registry and hack out the CD Key.
I don't know about Macs.

If there is no physical representation of the CD Key, or if no one remembers it, you're also screwed.

The CD contains the game. Not the Key.

None.

May 3 2009, 9:56 pm BiOAtK Post #29

Am I allowed to post a list of cdkeys that aren't mine? If not, then PM me kidblaze.

Wait, you're too stupid. sorry D: i wont give you one until you show some intelligence.

None.

May 3 2009, 10:13 pm kidblaze Post #30

OK, What do you want me to do?

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 3 2009, 10:19 pm by kidblaze. Reason: I spelled "What" wrong

None.

May 3 2009, 10:20 pm Vi3t-X Post #31

The obvious dumbass would try to answer those.
Those with intelect use a thing called "Google".

Regardless, we've answered your questions, no need to start flaming.

OK, What do you want me to do?
This post was edited 2 times, last edit by kidblaze: 1 minute ago. Reason given: I spelled "What" wrong
I saw your first edit. Don't be lying.

None.

May 3 2009, 10:21 pm kidblaze Post #32

But, I'm naturally on fire ^^ anyways, can we get back on topic?

None.

May 3 2009, 10:32 pm Sand Wraith Post #33

she/her

In actuality, there is no object to help. Neither is there a topic to get back to since you never started one.

Kidblaze, what do you need help with? You've given us a description of a problem, but nothing else, such as what the problem that requires help is.

May 3 2009, 10:38 pm kidblaze Post #34

OK, Hydralisk, I've simply UnInstalled StarCraft and I can't find the disk case with the sticker that has the CD Key on it.
I have no saved files, I've already UnInstalled StarCraft so I can't go back in the disc and find it. I simply need an, inactive CD Key.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 3 2009, 10:40 pm by kidblaze. Reason: spelled sticker and need wrong

None.

May 3 2009, 10:45 pm Sand Wraith Post #35

she/her

In the case you present, kidblaze, no one at SEN should actually help you. I'm certain a few rules would be broken, otherwise.

You must either find your CD or get a new copy of StarCraft. Most other solutions will be breaking rules and laws.

May 3 2009, 10:56 pm Vi3t-X Post #36

If you deleted SC directly to recycle bin, or used SHIFT DELETE. You can still find it in the registry.

None.

May 3 2009, 11:05 pm xYoshix Post #37

What exactly is your problem? Is it that SC won't start or that you can't go on B.Net? You can still play SC Single player if you dont have a CD key.

None.

May 4 2009, 12:58 am MadZombie Post #38

What exactly is your problem?
Can't believe it took this long to ask. For shame SEN.

Great troll or Greatest troll?

None.

Options
  Back to forum