Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: UK Politics
UK Politics
Apr 20 2009, 12:59 pm
By: InsolubleFluff  

Apr 20 2009, 12:59 pm InsolubleFluff Post #1

As found on Wikipedia, the BNP is an extremely right-wing, whites only, fascist party. They have a tendancy to play with Britains heart by focussing on areas with high, or rising racial tension.

After turning eighteen, then returning home soon after, it would appear this already highly tense country is even more tense. During June 2009 we should expect a general election.

Now, with Labour Party being highly criticized for economic decline, we will most likely see a shift to conservative.

As for my vote, I'm leaning towards the BNP. Not because I agree with their racism, or that I believe in a white only world, but they are the only Party that will take us out of the EU and fix our problems.

What I would like to discuss are as follows:

What are the traits of Labour, Liberal, Conservative, Green and Nationalist Party's; who you'd vote for; what it means to be Fascist; and is it racist to accept, but not accomodate other religions?

Do the ends justify the means?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 20 2009, 1:27 pm by Vrael. Reason: combined

None.

Apr 20 2009, 1:39 pm WoAHorde Post #2

The Labour party caused the decline? No, it was deregulated American markets(Conservatism), that brought the whole market down with it when the bubble collapsed and everyone realized what was going on. Besides, Gordon Brown, your current prime minister, saved your economy from completely crashing by injecting capital into your failing banks, and was applauded my many members of the EU for swift and decisive action to battle the recession.

None.

Apr 20 2009, 2:02 pm InsolubleFluff Post #3

You must get different stories there, because noone that I know or meet likes our government. It was in the papers on atleast one ocassion that, X% had lost trust in the party for taking care of economics, amongst other things as well.

I personally find my city council useless, I get next to nothing in aid, yet they are building water jets in city centre allegadly costing millions.

Still, Pakistani and Polish move here and get housed, costing thousands of pounds. Whilst British struggle for anything.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 20 2009, 2:08 pm by Shocko.

None.

Jul 26 2009, 12:23 am CaptainWill Post #4

Sorry to revive a dead topic, but I'm surprised that you were thinking of voting BNP, Shocko.

I agree that local authorities are the biggest wasters of money in the country but all councillors end up milking their office for all it's worth. BNP councillors will be no different.

The BNP is racist, yes. It is also probably Fascist (going by their economic policies), and I would never vote for such a party. I have become pretty much apathetic to UK politics - I usually vote for a pointless candidate because I don't care enough.

None.

Jul 26 2009, 6:12 am InsolubleFluff Post #5

I ended up voting UKIP as they are like the softcore version of BNP.

Have you been reading about the Labour party? Apparently they intend to keep the borders open and let mass immigration carry us to over 70 million people.

Also their "British ______ for British People" campaigns were a lie.

None.

Jul 26 2009, 8:12 pm CaptainWill Post #6

Reading about the Labour Party where? This isn't from an BNP source is it?

None.

Jul 27 2009, 8:08 am InsolubleFluff Post #7

Newspaper, probably Daily Mail.

Basically the Labour party admitted they want to keep the gates open to anyone so we can have a multicultural country.

In theory it's a good idea. However we have such a dense poppulation that it is fueling violence, racial tensions and redundancies.

What part do you live in Will? You may or may not be affected by chavs, rioting pakistani or polish pricks. My city (peterborough) unfortunatly falls to all those hands and it's one big race/ group war.

None.

Jul 27 2009, 11:10 pm The Great Yam Post #8

Would you vote for the KKK if Obama messes up?

Why vote for a racist party you don't agree with just because the current has failed? (And I dunno how true that really is). If you disagree with most of the political parties, found your own. You can even make your own cool logo with as many covert references to Hitler as you want!

None.

Jul 28 2009, 12:09 am BiOAtK Post #9

A multicultured nation fueling racial violence? Are you aware of the United States?

None.

Jul 28 2009, 7:14 am InsolubleFluff Post #10

The idea behind voting BNP was not to be racist, but to lay down the law. I am British, yet I'm discriminated in my own country.

And voting KKK because of Obama has NO relevance here. BNP are skin heads. They love Britain so much they hate others here. Watch "This Is England" to understand.

We have a huge problem here and it needs addressing. I felt only BNP or UKIP would address it. Please leave America on the door step when entering this thread.

None.

Jul 28 2009, 6:57 pm BiOAtK Post #11

No, I won't. Because the States are a perfect example of an industrialized nation that is multicultured and has hardly any racial violence. And the KKK, much like the BNP, claims to love America so much that they hate others here. Actually, that's exactly what they say.

None.

Jul 28 2009, 8:17 pm InsolubleFluff Post #12

Yet they have nothing to do with UK Politics what so ever.

Sure there are similarities (United Kingdom is a mass of land where people reside, as is United States; Ku Klux Klan are a racial group, as are British National Party.) However these have no influence on me or probably any normal UK citizen.

Point WAS that immigration needs to be halted along with this illusion that multicultural society means seperation within one land mass. If you aren't aware of UK living, please don't assume it's the same.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 10:43 am CaptainWill Post #13

Quote from name:Shocko
Newspaper, probably Daily Mail.

Basically the Labour party admitted they want to keep the gates open to anyone so we can have a multicultural country.

In theory it's a good idea. However we have such a dense poppulation that it is fueling violence, racial tensions and redundancies.

What part do you live in Will? You may or may not be affected by chavs, rioting pakistani or polish pricks. My city (peterborough) unfortunatly falls to all those hands and it's one big race/ group war.

I live in Southampton (in quite a nice area) when I'm at home, and Egham (near Staines/Slough) on a council estate when I'm at uni. Yes I've had problems with chavs, but overwhelmingly white trash chavs. My experience of other nationalities is mainly indifferent - they tend to keep to themselves - apart from Europeans (Spanish and Italians particularly) who are really friendly. I sympathise with you on the whole Pakistani issue, as that country is exporting a lot of extremists to our shores.

I wouldn't believe what the Daily Mail tells you - it's one of the most unreliable newspapers in the country with a long history of stirring up hatred. It supported Hitler and the British Union of Fascists until 1940, and has been scaremongering ever since. Hell, even its first owner said the purpose of the paper was to give people a 'Daily Hate'.

None.

Jul 31 2009, 8:33 pm InsolubleFluff Post #14

I said I think, not that I was sure. I'm fairly confident that it's not a lie.

It's not so much extremists I'm dealing with, but much rather the youth. The ones who think they're 'solid' because they can drive and drink. Rather annoying ones.

Do you know much of Peterborough?

None.

Options
  Back to forum