Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: Modding a map that's not mine...?
Modding a map that's not mine...?
Oct 3 2007, 12:04 am
By: Penguin  

Oct 3 2007, 12:04 am Penguin Post #1

Here's the deal. I want to edit a protected map. But the thing is, I don't know if that's against the rules here. Sorry to seem lazy, but I didn't have much time to read through the rules (I'll read 'em in about 4 hours when I have time). But I want to edit this map so it gives you a second chance if you die.

Could one of you guys please deprotect it for me?

The link to the map is: http://www.mediafire.com/?0hney1cnfww

Thanks for everything... if anything! :D

(P.S. Hi every peoples! I'm new here! :))

None.

Oct 3 2007, 1:58 am FlyingHat Post #2

OSMAP? I'd ask the original maker of the map first.
EDIT: Wait, how are you going to mod a map? If you're going to edit it with Starforge or something then shouldn't this be in the Mapping forums?

None.

Oct 3 2007, 2:22 am who Post #3

modding is creating a patch for starcraft that edits aspects of it that mapping can't, such as giving zerg units shields or making scvs cloak.
you're looking for the mapping section.
and if you want to edit it, why don't you contact the maker, instead of unprotecting it?

None.

Oct 3 2007, 3:09 am Penguin Post #4

Sorry guys, I didn't know what modding/mapping was. My bad. :blush:

I don't really know who the map creator is, and I don't think he's active in B.NET.

Althought, you guys are right. I really should have tried to find more info about the creator.

My bad x 2

:blush:

None.

Oct 3 2007, 10:28 pm Fisty Post #5

Yeah uhm...why not do some research before you post something like this next time...

None.

Oct 5 2007, 10:51 pm InsolubleFluff Post #6

You find an un-protector that works, you can modify anyones map that you want, just please, for the love of god, don't make maps un-balanced or cheatable.

None.

Jan 12 2008, 4:07 am cLoaKeD_ Post #7

Don't offer idiots who are just going to edit a bunch of maps powerful map unprotecters.

None.

Jan 12 2008, 5:37 am Falkoner Post #8

Penguin, PM it to me, I'll unprotect it for you, just make sure that you leave the author's credits in the map, and I'm fine with it, I can't believe people... He simply asked for the map to be unprotected, is it that difficult?

None.

Options
  Back to forum