Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: StarCraft Card Game
StarCraft Card Game
Mar 17 2009, 11:46 pm
By: ClansAreForGays
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 >

Polls
How many seperate decks of cards should a single player have for 1 game?
How many seperate decks of cards should a single player have for 1 game?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
1 17

81%
2 4

20%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 21 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jul 7 2009, 8:44 pm Hug A Zergling Post #101

You should have a critter card that does nothing.

Maybe works as a meat shield or something.

None.

Jul 22 2009, 7:46 pm Biophysicist Post #102

Did a bit of concepting work, tell me what you think.

-All cards are identified by their race (Terran/Protoss/Zerg/Neutral), type (Unit/Building/Addon/Micro/Tech/Misc), and, for unit cards, subtype (Infantry/Armor/Air/Special). (The Air subtype doesn't indicate that a unit flies: A flier will have the word "Flier" below it's picture. I have reasons for this that will be clear once I create a few cards, assuming you want me to do card creation ofc.)

-During your turn, you may tap a worker and a mineral field to move any card from your hand to the field, or any building from your deck to your hand. For the later, you must have certain prerequisite cards on the field (eg. a Barracks for an Academy).

-During your turn, you may tap a production building to move any card it produces from your deck to your hand, assuming you have all prerequisite cards on the field (eg. an Academy for Medics).

-Addons may be placed next to any appropriate structure. For example, a Physics Lab may be placed next to any Science Facility. Mineral Fields count as addons to the CC/Nexus/Hatchery, so if you want a ComSat or Nuke Silo, you'll need to sacrifice a slot that could otherwise be occupied by a Mineral Field.

-The way Spells work is that you must have the appropriate Tech card on the field. Casting a spell requires you to tap the unit that casts it. If you have the appropriate "Reactor" card on the field (eg Caduceous Reactor for Medics) the unit is not tapped if you get a "6" on a 6-sided dice.

Some card ideas I had:

-Depot Wall: Terran micro card. Makes all buildings excpet targetted Supply Depot untargettable by non-fliers.
-Psi Distruptier: Terran building card. Zerg micro cards may not be played as long as it is on the field.
-Sarah Kerrigan: Terran infantry unit card. When she dies, you may play an "Infested Kerrigan" token (which is much stronger than Sarah Kerrigan) on the field.
-Worker Scouting: Neutral micro card. Tap a worker to reveal one card in the opponent's hand.
-Overlord Scouting: Zerg micro card. Reveal one card in the opponent's hand.
-Parasite Kakaru: Zerg micro card. Play one "Parasited Kakaru" on the field. Each turn, reveal one random card in the opponent's hand for each "Parasited Kakaru" you control.

None.

Jul 22 2009, 11:02 pm Hug A Zergling Post #103

B.net Drop - Opposing player looses all cards in his (or her) hand
Black Sheep Wall - Revels opponents hand.
Map Hack - At the cost of loosing your entire hand, all cards played by that player are invincible for one turn.
Nub Ally - Opposing players cards can't attack for one turn.

None.

Jul 22 2009, 11:18 pm ClansAreForGays Post #104

-All cards are identified by their race (Terran/Protoss/Zerg/Neutral), type (Unit/Building/Addon/Micro/Tech/Misc), and, for unit cards, subtype (Infantry/Armor/Air/Special). (The Air subtype doesn't indicate that a unit flies: A flier will have the word "Flier" below it's picture. I have reasons for this that will be clear once I create a few cards, assuming you want me to do card creation ofc.)
I prefer my idea card type ideas here.
Collapse Box

My method leaves no ambiguity or redundancy.

brb...

Jul 22 2009, 11:23 pm Hug A Zergling Post #105

You know what you should do? Starcraft POGS! Those were the most fun!

None.

Jul 23 2009, 8:25 pm Biophysicist Post #106

Does anyone know of a good card template? I'd like to make a few cards to get started.

None.

Jul 23 2009, 9:26 pm Syphon Post #107

I made one, and I posted it. EDIT looks like I didn't.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2067180

None.

Jul 24 2009, 9:00 pm ClansAreForGays Post #108

-During your turn, you may tap a worker and a mineral field to move any card from your hand to the field, or any building from your deck to your hand. For the later, you must have certain prerequisite cards on the field (eg. a Barracks for an Academy).
-During your turn, you may tap a production building to move any card it produces from your deck to your hand, assuming you have all prerequisite cards on the field (eg. an Academy for Medics).
That involves too much deck searching, shuffling, and reshuffling. I forgot to take this into account when I gave workers the ability to build anything they had requirements for. Yugioh made this mistake when they introduced gadets, I hope to not make the same.
Also, I feel like you are simply restating many mechanics I have already described the exact same way. I'd prefer you build on what has already been done.

-Depot Wall: Terran micro card. Makes all buildings excpet targetted Supply Depot untargettable by non-fliers.
I'd change to "melee units may only target supply depots"
-Psi Distruptier: Terran building card. Zerg micro cards may not be played as long as it is on the field.
Good. Although it would be the Special building subtype.
-Sarah Kerrigan: Terran infantry unit card. When she dies, you may play an "Infested Kerrigan" token (which is much stronger than Sarah Kerrigan) on the field.
Good idea. Though, I'd make it a zerg card, with requirements that a sarah kerrigan is in the discard pile.
-Worker Scouting: Neutral micro card. Tap a worker to reveal one card in the opponent's hand.
Good, unless I make scouting with any unit an actual game mechanic. Could reveal face down cards too.
-Overlord Scouting: Zerg micro card. Reveal one card in the opponent's hand.
Good.
-Parasite Kakaru: Zerg micro card. Play one "Parasited Kakaru" on the field. Each turn, reveal one random card in the opponent's hand for each "Parasited Kakaru" you control.
Could be made deeper if critter cards are added to general play.
I'd like to see you start adding a "requirements" part for your cards.

Aug 1 2009, 7:32 pm Biophysicist Post #109

Quote from Syphon
I made one, and I posted it. EDIT looks like I didn't.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2067180

Can I have the template you used to make that card?

None.

Aug 4 2009, 9:48 pm Syphon Post #110

....That is the template. I made it.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 12:59 am Biophysicist Post #111

No, that's your DT card.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 2:37 am Syphon Post #112

It's the template. Try looking at the layers.

None.

Aug 5 2009, 6:53 pm ClansAreForGays Post #113

Wow, it's very thorough. You even have the Terran & Zerg options saved into it.

Aug 6 2009, 3:12 am Syphon Post #114

Well, I said it was a template, didn't I? :P

I don't know if there's a layer that says which fonts I used in it though... If not, I'll find them and tell you guys.

None.

Mar 3 2010, 7:49 pm DragoArawn Post #115

Whole plan got turned into a bored game after a day of thinking about it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 4 2010, 8:07 pm by DragoArawn.

None.

Mar 22 2010, 2:40 am TiKels Post #116

This is cool. I like this idea, especially "Force Fire"

One thing you could do is something similar to the "quick play trap cards" that Yu-Gi-Oh has, where if someone plays "Force Fire" you can play... (Crap i just forgot its name) "That one move where you move the unit being force fired away" and all enemy units cannot attack for one turn or something. Another interesting bit I had happen to me once was someone worker scouted my base and built on my geyser so I had to divert all my workers to kill it or live without gas for awhile (and also give my enemy vision). It's kinda cool implementing strategies like that; it's cool to think about.

The thing you need to start thinking of before anything else continues (IN MY OPINION) is the board layout, what sort of bizarre attributes can you put on it. Perhaps you could have some strange system where there are computers playing along with you in like Player vs Player vs Comp. Just keep thinking about the foundation, the layout, the card board.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 22 2010, 10:16 pm ClansAreForGays Post #117

Man reading over this again makes me want to pick this back up.

Maybe in a month.

Mar 22 2010, 11:56 pm MadZombie Post #118

I think it was said that the TCG was meant to only have X amount of cards with no more expansions in the future right? if not then this should be a general RTS TCG because i mean you could only make so many cards.

Tiberium wars vs war hammer vs starcraft vs etc

;3

None.

Nov 25 2010, 5:07 am ClansAreForGays Post #119

Thinking about rebooting this hot mess. Re-reading the posts has gotten me all hot and bothered.

Nov 25 2010, 5:11 am ClansAreForGays Post #120

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Man reading over this again makes me want to pick this back up.

Maybe in a month.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 >
  Back to forum