Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: I need help with #38 ashworld dirt doodad
I need help with #38 ashworld dirt doodad
Feb 23 2009, 3:33 am
By: trcc  

Feb 23 2009, 3:33 am trcc Post #1

Hey, I'm trying to modify this doodad in scmdraft. I converted it to terrain, but unfortunatly, I can only few parts of the doodad but this is why I'm here because you guys are pros :P. I want to know if it's possible to widen this arch in a good blend. Thank you.

None.

Feb 23 2009, 3:35 am Falkoner Post #2

Most likely the top parts are actually a sprite, if you go to sprite layer you'll be able to select it.

Edit: Yes, that top part is a sprite, so no, there is no way to widen it.

The sprite alone looks like this:

If that helps you at all.

None.

Feb 23 2009, 3:42 am trcc Post #3

Duh if you are 100% sure it can't be widen. Thank you :><: My whole melee map concept is screwed !!

None.

Feb 23 2009, 3:43 am Falkoner Post #4

That arch in particular, no, but there might be other blends that you can use instead... You could also just place a bunch of that sprite side by side and units could even pass under it, although since the pillars are also part of the sprite, it might look a bit retarded.

None.

Feb 23 2009, 9:04 am Excalibur Post #5

The sword and the faith

Actually trcc, if you tell us what you're trying to do in the map itself, I could possibly help.
From what I understand, if you placed two of the doodad, removed the two middle columns of unwalkable terrain, and left the sprites, that should do what you want.

Edit: Attached a test map of what I mean.

Attachments:
Arch Test.scm
Hits: 9 Size: 51.03kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2009, 9:11 am by Andrew Jackson.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
  Back to forum