Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: What GOP deem is wasteful in Stimulus bill
What GOP deem is wasteful in Stimulus bill
Feb 3 2009, 3:30 pm
By: KrayZee  

Feb 5 2009, 3:32 am BiOAtK Post #21

Quote from Falkoner
$400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.

Waste, they got themselves screwed in the first place, just don't have sex with 3 people a week.

My dad showed me our budget the other day, it was not pretty, and I live in a fairly well-off family, I don't know how other people are doing it.

My friend got a STD off his one and only girlfriend he's ever had :-_-:

None.

Feb 5 2009, 6:03 am KrayZee Post #22

Quote from name:isolatedpurity
Really depends if turning these buildings green will eventually save around $6 billion in energy costs in the next 10 years. Otherwise, I would probably agree.
It should save.

What exactly would this do?
It should help fight off forest fires, burning neighborhoods, and helps a lot if there is ever an earthquake if the local fire stations are in tact. It should open more jobs as a firefighter, although I am not clear about that.

I'm not even sure... what this equates to...
http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/energy_and_environment/

None.

Feb 11 2009, 5:06 am KrayZee Post #23

The Senate has passed the stimulus bill with 61 votes, any opinion?

None.

Feb 11 2009, 6:10 am WoAHorde Post #24

The 3 Republican Senators that voted YES are all moderates, and the few other Republican moderates were iffy on the whole thing. It's not so much Bi-partisinship when it's the Democrats + only Rockefeller Republicans, but it's to be expected.

None.

Feb 11 2009, 9:53 am InsolubleFluff Post #25

I gave up reading page two to the sheer mass of stupidity krayzee has. Centreri is right. HIV may not be curable but it is preventable. Throwing large portions of money whilst the world economy is falling flat on its face is quite obviously a waste. One campaign saying use a condom and then they can say it's your own fault. Long term great, short term horrid.

None.

Feb 11 2009, 12:35 pm Moose Post #26

We live in a society.

Quote from KrayZee
The Senate has passed the stimulus bill with 61 votes, any opinion?
I'm glad that the government is finally realizing that they are more qualified than me to spend my money.

Feb 11 2009, 9:28 pm SilentAlfa Post #27

I'm glad that the government is finally realizing that they are more qualified than me to spend my money.

People like you and me not spending any money isn't helping the economy, so the government will spend it for us! :D

None.

Feb 12 2009, 2:01 am Infested-jerk Post #28

Being from Maine, I'm glad to hear that people do consider our senators moderates, and not "Conservative Liberals" or some other bullshit along the same lines.

None.

Feb 12 2009, 3:00 pm KrayZee Post #29

Quote from name:Shocko
I gave up reading page two to the sheer mass of stupidity krayzee has. Centreri is right. HIV may not be curable but it is preventable. Throwing large portions of money whilst the world economy is falling flat on its face is quite obviously a waste. One campaign saying use a condom and then they can say it's your own fault. Long term great, short term horrid.
...what? First of all, HIV is not in the stimulus bill that the GOP would like to get rid of. Secondly, I KNOW HIV is not curable, but I said it will be anonymous in any blood to blood contact (I know it is absolutely preventable, :-_-:). And economists said the stimulus bill is better than nothing.

None.

Feb 14 2009, 3:14 am Falkoner Post #30

Improper use of condoms and using two condoms will not prevent STD, which people seem to neglect the information. Tattoo parlors are generally not considered to be expensive, especially that it is rare to find any commercials and advertisements about it.

Abstinence until marriage, and upon marriage, if you are really worried about it, you can get your partner checked, and avoid tattoos altogether, why are they necessary?

The majority of people who have STDs got them because either them or their parents decided to do something stupid, I should not have to pay taxes to solve someone else's mistake that could have easily been avoided, and yes, some people just get unlucky, however, the majority are quite the opposite.

None.

Feb 14 2009, 3:17 am Vrael Post #31

Quote from Falkoner
I should not have to pay taxes to solve someone else's mistake that could have easily been avoided, and yes, some people just get unlucky, however, the majority are quite the opposite.
What about in the future when 1/2 of the population has AIDs, then it becomes your problem? Rather nip it in the bud now, eh?

None.

Feb 14 2009, 3:25 am Falkoner Post #32

What about in the future when 1/2 of the population has AIDs, then it becomes your problem? Rather nip it in the bud now, eh?

Half of the population won't have AIDs, people will begin to smarten up before then, that or a cure will be found.

None.

Feb 14 2009, 3:53 am Vrael Post #33

You can't know that for sure Falkoner. Provide some credentials or supporting facts if you're going to make that kind of broad assertion.
And as for the support behind my argument, it seems reasonable that without any force to counteract the spread of an uncurable disease, it will continue to spread, with the usual exponential growth typical of infections. E.X. Susie is sick, and gets johnny and sally sick, who each get two people sick, ect.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 14 2009, 4:02 am by Vrael.

None.

Feb 16 2009, 5:57 am Falkoner Post #34

Yes, it will spread, but so will all sorts of other diseases and viruses, people only target AIDs because they're too adulterous to live a non-sex-filled lifestyle, and so they want to cure a disease that makes their sinful lifestyle less dangerous.

I think that at this point we need to put the money into something else, I would rather have our economy up so we can then have money to put into research for cures, instead of trying to fix something that won't truly be a huge problem for many many years to come.

None.

Feb 16 2009, 8:11 pm Kellimus Post #35

Quote from KrayZee
No, you just want to annoy me.

The only person that can annoy you, is yourself. For letting people's points/arguments get to you and thus making you 'annoyed'. GG at trying to blame other people, its alright though.. Its Psychology for you.

Anyways, have any of you guys ever had a tattoo or seen one done? They use NEW and STERILIZED equipment EVERY TIME they give someone a tattoo or a piercing.

If they don't, they'll be shut down in a heartbeat. But that's irrelevant to the subject; The whole stimulus bill is a waste of money and is doing the exact same thing that the United States has been doing for years now and doing the same thing over and over when it doesn't work will obviously not fix anything.

Too bad I'm saving up my Federal Reserve Notes for the crash.

None.

Options
  Back to forum