Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Elementa [vBeta]
Elementa [vBeta]
Dec 25 2008, 8:22 pm
By: Lethal_Illusion
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >

Mar 9 2009, 5:12 pm Kaias Post #81

Quote from name:FaZ-
Two teleports is cheaper than a meteor shower, not to mention Fulmen's recharge ability. I haven't played too much, but I haven't found a way to hit the Fulmen on the high temple with anything but a meteor.
Firewall. All Fulmen can attack with from there is smite while Ignis has two spells that can reach, one of which is rather cheap and leaves the area unusable for some time; it's not imbalanced in this way at all.

None.

Mar 9 2009, 5:23 pm Decency Post #82

Didn't try that, will do next time. =)

I really do want to see this get finished.

None.

Mar 9 2009, 6:11 pm Pigy_G Post #83

I really do want to see this get finished.

Here here! and I want to see a party version with 4+ players.

None.

Mar 9 2009, 6:37 pm moon-boy Post #84

I likes a lot! :inlove:

None.

Mar 10 2009, 2:01 pm UnholyUrine Post #85

with 4 players??? that'd be too much triggering XD.. He already needs to trigger the spells on two screens. Plus.. the terrain is awfully small XD, which was my chief complaint of this map..

Other than that...
I really want to see this get done... :C it will be awesome!!

None.

Mar 12 2009, 4:02 am stickynote Post #86

I actually like it with just 2 players. It has a sort of personal feel to it, and two good players can dodge/block the other players spells. No, more than two players would take away from the map. Maybe he could release it with another element?

None.

Mar 12 2009, 9:42 pm Lethal_Illusion Post #87

Quote from stickynote
Maybe he could release it with another element?
I actually have half of the next element done, but I stopped working on it because I'm making an RPG with Kaias.

Also, as a side note, I intentionally made the map for only two players. Because you're only fighting one opponent, it's far easier to counter his attacks and use the terrain to your advantage. Having more players would just complicate things.

None.

Mar 12 2009, 10:10 pm Morphling Post #88

Quote from Lethal_Illusion
Quote from stickynote
Maybe he could release it with another element?
I actually have half of the next element done, but I stopped working on it because I'm making an RPG with Kaias.

Also, as a side note, I intentionally made the map for only two players. Because you're only fighting one opponent, it's far easier to counter his attacks and use the terrain to your advantage. Having more players would just complicate things.
Yeah. It makes the gameplay better. The only way it would be more than two player is if you had a big enough area, but sadly Starcraft's limits won't let you. You could make the area 20x48 for each player, but the total unit amount on the map would be 1618. Although it might ruin the gameplay because the area is not all on the screen so I don't think it's worth it.

None.

Mar 13 2009, 2:39 am stickynote Post #89

Maybe you can finish that element when you've made significant progress on the RPG?

None.

Mar 13 2009, 2:50 am Lethal_Illusion Post #90

Quote from stickynote
Maybe you can finish that element when you've made significant progress on the RPG?
I'm sure I can work in some Elementa progress here and there... ;)

None.

Mar 13 2009, 3:43 am Spinlock Post #91

Quote from Lethal_Illusion
Quote from stickynote
I'm sure I can work in some Elementa progress here and there... ;)
Stop getting our hopes up :unsure:

None.

Mar 13 2009, 4:08 am payne Post #92

:payne:

Never say this! :O
This is why Lethal hates posting his projects: he doesn't want to deceive people :P
Saying this will make him hesitate next time (I guess) :stfu:

None.

Mar 15 2009, 11:09 pm Polkaman Post #93

Why two arenas when you can have 1? :P

None.

Mar 15 2009, 11:20 pm JaFF Post #94

Quote from Polkaman
With one arena it's not possible to detect who cast Dark Swarm.

None.

Mar 16 2009, 3:50 am stickynote Post #95

Regardless of the player who cast darkswarm, it is owned by player 12, so you wouldn't know who cast the darkswarm.

None.

Mar 16 2009, 2:43 pm Kaias Post #96

Quote from JaFF
Quote from Polkaman
With one arena it's not possible to detect who cast Dark Swarm.

Quote from stickynote
Regardless of the player who cast darkswarm, it is owned by player 12, so you wouldn't know who cast the darkswarm.
That is why he uses two screens, so he always knows who cast it. Player 1 fights a mirror image of Player 2 in the top screen, Player 2 plays a mirror image of Player 1 in the bottom screen; meaning all Dark swarms in the upper half are cast by Player 1 and all in the lower half are Player 2's.

None.

Mar 18 2009, 11:14 pm Polkaman Post #97

Ahh.. Jes jes

None.

Aug 28 2009, 3:00 am m.0.n.3.y Post #98

Please leathal illu, if your even still on SEN or STARCRAFT FINISH ATLEAST ONE MORE SET OF SPELLS! Say the Lux?

Anyways, i just wanted to say that I love you so much and that you are the best and that this thread should never die and that also, i think you should stick with the starport selection system (even though you're done with the map but o well) PLEASE DON'T BE DONE. YOU ROCK

BEST MAP EVA. EVEN FOR A BETA 111111/10

None.

Jan 8 2012, 7:38 pm payne Post #99

:payne:

This, needs, to be, FINISHED! :massimo:

None.

Jan 8 2012, 10:30 pm 3FFA Post #100

Quote from payne
This, needs, to be, FINISHED! :massimo:
If he doesn't resume work on it, we can always send him an army of smilies yelling "SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!"

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 3 4 5 6 7 >
  Back to forum