Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Production > Topic: Battle Dome
Battle Dome
Dec 21 2008, 10:40 pm
By: Demented Shaman  

Dec 25 2008, 5:53 pm Hug A Zergling Post #21

Quadruple post ftw.

Anyways, looks fun. I can test if you need me too.

None.

Dec 27 2008, 8:34 pm Biophysicist Post #22

Quote from name:Mayor
I'm gonna work on improving the air boundary so it doesn't just move your air unit to the center if you've left the battle arena.

Constantly center a fairly location on the main unit, and move the air unit to that location if it leaves the arena.

Or just kill the units if they try to leave. :lol:

None.

Dec 27 2008, 9:53 pm Demented Shaman Post #23

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
Quote from name:Mayor
I'm gonna work on improving the air boundary so it doesn't just move your air unit to the center if you've left the battle arena.

Constantly center a fairly location on the main unit, and move the air unit to that location if it leaves the arena.

Or just kill the units if they try to leave. :lol:
I finished triggering the anti air boundary a long time ago so your suggestion is not needed.

None.

Jan 1 2010, 12:06 am Neki Post #24

This map needs reviving, the core concept is kinda bland, but the execution was pretty good.

None.

Jan 1 2010, 1:23 am MEMEME670 Post #25

Quote from name:Ultimo
This map needs reviving, the core concept is kinda bland, but the execution was pretty good.

Ten days of not being posted in shouldn't count as a revive, unless its not being worked on.

I could see a viable ton of maps spawning from this, including AoS (not likely) Hero wars style maps (Would be fun) And overall just different types of battles where diff handicaps/arenas are in place, possibly adding removing things, this could be great!

I would be willing to test for balancing if someone would contact me with a time, seeing as I'm perm muted.

None.

Jan 1 2010, 2:01 am ClansAreForGays Post #26

jekl needs his range attack to reduce to 21, and potion damage reduced to 4. Tank needs ~425 hp. Necro needs hp buffed to ~400

Jan 1 2010, 2:06 am Biophysicist Post #27

Ten days of not being posted in shouldn't count as a revive, unless its not being worked on.
Ten days and a year. :P

I personally really like the tank and necrophiliac, but the other characters seem pretty meh to me.

None.

Jan 1 2010, 2:13 am Neki Post #28

The alien is terrible, what is the alien spawn supposed to be effective against? Also, unlimited dark swarm for necromancer is imba, IMBA. Also, I don't think you should be able to see what the other people pick, it kinda defeats the point in my mind. I guess by picking first, you get slightly more energy, but still. Also, some of those ramps are kinda funky, bigger units like getting stuck. Also, needs cool battle music!

Also, to devilesk:

None.

Jan 1 2010, 2:22 am ClansAreForGays Post #29

Plz don't pay any mind to any of those suggestions dev, especially this
Also, unlimited dark swarm for necromancer is imba, IMBA.
necromancer is the worst character right now lol. PROTIP: stand next to him under the swarm, see who dies first.

Jan 1 2010, 2:27 am Neki Post #30

Yeah, too bad I have to run up to him, and even if I stand under the swarm with him, I've usually taken more damage then him at that time. I guess 1v1 it'd be fine, but in any other settings, against a ranged, it's kinda tough. Why do you like the idea of vision of what other players are picking?

None.

Jan 1 2010, 2:28 am Biophysicist Post #31

Btw, necrophiliac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tank. Tank just doesn't have enough mobility. Dunno if that's a problem.

None.

Jan 1 2010, 2:29 am ClansAreForGays Post #32

It doesn't matter what you are. Just stand next to it under the swarm and he dies first.
Why do you like the idea of vision of what other players are picking?
At first I thought we were talking about how you can see where the dt shadows move to, and changing that would be impractical. Now I think you mean how there's map revealers in the waiting area. Yeah those need to go.

Jan 1 2010, 2:45 am Neki Post #33

devilesk says the map revealers have been removed and the storage areas were spread out, which is good I guess. Also in 1v1's, he said you still randomly spawn but you most likely won't spawn beside each other, usually you'll be spawning in the top two rows or the bottom two rows, and your opponent spawns in that opposite location.

EDIT: BATTLE TANK IS TOO GOOD, CAN'T HANDLE IT.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 1 2010, 11:54 pm by Ultimo.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 4:49 am Neki Post #34

devilesk@gmail.com says:
archer now has firebat
paladin and swordsman have been swapped
and swordsman has been renamed knight
marksman turns into firebat when wraith dies
ninja has a reaver
reaver can only build scarabs in storage
and can be recalled to the arena
and it is moved back when the scarabs have been used
dark mage has observer now
it can turn into a scout when it is moved outside the arena
and it can turn back by doing the same thing
Ultimo says:
I will
just post this convo
I guess.
devilesk@gmail.com says:
alien spawn got an hp buff but they spawn with half health
Ultimo says:
looks like
I'm pulling off the double
dreaded
double post.

There you have it, Battle Dome has been updated to further perfection!

None.

Jan 5 2010, 4:59 am ClansAreForGays Post #35

I don't know how I feel about the most recent changes.

Also, TIE! is the new gg

Jan 5 2010, 5:07 am Neki Post #36

well Battle Tank was too good, so he had to buff the other characters to keep up I guess.

None.

Jan 5 2010, 11:58 am Magicide Post #37

Sleeping wolves wake hungry.

...Did i trigger this? >_>

Either way, glad to see it's being worked on again.

Jan 5 2010, 7:42 pm ClansAreForGays Post #38

Quote from name:Ultimo
well Battle Tank was too good,
recent changes

Options
  Back to forum