Staredit Network > Forums > > Topic: Lets fix Project Miranda so we can play it
Lets fix Project Miranda so we can play it
Dec 21 2008, 6:25 pm
By: scwizard  

Dec 21 2008, 6:25 pm scwizard Post #1

Quote from Corbo
Actually, DoA found out that desyncs do not happen cause of memory edits, or at least aga's desyncs.
They happened because there was random actions called in the iscript. And when those random actions where executed inside the fog of war cause sc to desync as it couldn't know what action was really called (I have no idea if I made sense).

Anyway, it was because of iscript, that's what I am saying rand_condjump I think.
That means all we need to do is edit the iscript.bin a bit and Project Miranda will stop desyncing. That means we can play that mod without running the risk of insanity!

Anyone want to volunteer for this? If you can get this done before Midnight Modnight Madness then you will officially be the most awesome person ever (and I'll mail you a box of cookies?)

None.

Dec 21 2008, 7:14 pm Corbo Post #2

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Well, the mod is basically the iscripts. Modifying it would mean that you'd lose a part of the mod itself.
Believe me, if DoA and Aga didn't find a way to fix it none of us will :P

fuck you all

Dec 21 2008, 7:46 pm Excalibur Post #3

The sword and the faith

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Dec 21 2008, 8:32 pm scwizard Post #4

Quote from Corbo
Well, the mod is basically the iscripts. Modifying it would mean that you'd lose a part of the mod itself.
Believe me, if DoA and Aga didn't find a way to fix it none of us will :P

Quote from Excalibur
So it's not just a matter of revmoving the randcordjumps? Randcordjump is so overused that removing instances of it would cause the mod to collapse?

What does randcordjump do anyway?

EDIT: (I should really look that up instead of showing everyone how long it's been since I've modded anything)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 21 2008, 8:38 pm by scwizard.

None.

Dec 21 2008, 9:16 pm scwizard Post #5

From what DoA's saying it should be too difficult.

Quote from MSN
(4:07:22 PM) DoA: yeah. since fog of war doesn't run animations for buildings as far as I know.
(4:07:55 PM) scwizard: oh so if you use __1e_condjmp on a building you can get desyncs?
(4:08:00 PM) scwizard: but as long as you use it on units you're fine?
(4:08:09 PM) DoA: yeah, I think so.

Dec 21 2008, 9:44 pm scwizard Post #6

Quote from Corbo
if DoA and Aga didn't find a way to fix it none of us will :P
DoA found out how to fix it, it wasn't that complicated.

DoA told Aga. Aga went like "I'm not going to listen very closely, and am then going to disappear from SEN kthxbye"

None.

Dec 22 2008, 1:14 am Lord Agamemnon Post #7

Magical-Girl Enabler

Er, someone please tell me the last time it desynced, seeing as how I've played several multiplayer games of it recently (as in, this school year) and it's never had problems. Are you people using the correct version?...

If you're having problems with PM 1.3, running on SC 1.14, then tell me what's going on and I'll try to fix it before vanishing again.

None.

Dec 22 2008, 2:31 am scwizard Post #8

Ok I was wrong about stuff, will make a new topic shortly.

None.

Options
  Back to forum