Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: SEN takes forever to load with firefox
SEN takes forever to load with firefox
Dec 20 2008, 8:28 am
By: scwizard  

Dec 20 2008, 8:28 am scwizard Post #1

So I'm typing this from IE6 right now.

It seems randomly SEN will decide to refuse to load in firefox. It seems to be a problem with my account, as I've had this problem at two different IP addresses and only when logged in.

The problem consists of this:
1. I go to staredit.net in the latest version of firefox
2. Waiting for staredit.net
3. Waiting for staredit.net
... (an hour passes)
200. Waiting for staredit.net

1. I go to staredit.net in IE
2. It loads, I can actually do stuff

This problem seems to randomly break and fix itself. Clearing cookies and cache seems to solve this problem temporarily, but it will randomly break again eventually. This is only a problem with my account, I never have it while logged out.

None.

Dec 20 2008, 8:33 am Devourer Post #2

Hello

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5
This is the version I use and it works find... maybe you should downgrade your firefox again (or farty makes a Firefox Downgrader, lol)

Even I though that SEN works better on FF than IE...

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Dec 20 2008, 8:45 am scwizard Post #3

I've tried that, the problem has persisted. It's similarly persisted through OS reinstalls along with firefox reinstalls.

There's definitely something weird with my account.

None.

Dec 20 2008, 9:53 am poiuy_qwert Post #4

PyMS and ProTRG developer

This has been happening to me also on my gf's Mac. Sometimes safari wont be able to load sen so i use firefox, sometimes firefox wont load sen so i use safari. I haven't really noticed a pattern to it.

Dec 20 2008, 2:01 pm NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I've never had waiting times as high as hours. Make sure you refresh the page once in a while.
I had downtimes of a couple of minutes however. Haven't tried what happens when I load it with IE while Firefox doesn't respond to refreshes.
I'll test that and post my results as soon as it happens.

Dec 20 2008, 5:08 pm Moose Post #6

We live in a society.

Tell me what page you're trying to access.

Dec 20 2008, 5:25 pm scwizard Post #7

Usually the front page or forum index. Although the problem doesn't seem specific to a particular page.

None.

Dec 21 2008, 11:23 pm Forsaken Archer Post #8

I'll reset all options and some data stuffs on your account tomorrow.

None.

Dec 22 2008, 1:05 am scwizard Post #9

Do you think that will really work?

Also apparently some other people have been having this problem.

EDIT:
If you don't know what might be causing this, then it'd probably be best for me to wait until I encounter this problem again, and then you can check the logs while I'm having this problem and find out what the sever is doing.

None.

Dec 22 2008, 1:07 am Kaias Post #10

I had that problem the night before he posted this. That was a solitary random occurrence though.

None.

Dec 22 2008, 1:08 am scwizard Post #11

^ yet another reason to try and find the root of the problem instead of just resetting accounts randomly ^

I thought it was my account at first, but I'm not so sure anymore.

None.

Dec 22 2008, 2:07 pm Forsaken Archer Post #12

Well I would have no idea where to start. If I clear your data and it fixes it, I will definitely know something is wrong with something I reset.

None.

Dec 22 2008, 4:34 pm Doodan Post #13

This happens to me once or twice a week. For an hour or two, I can't access SEN. I just go find something else to do and come back though and it's always working again. I thought it might be server downtime.

None.

Dec 22 2008, 6:16 pm DT_Battlekruser Post #14

Quote from Doodan
This happens to me once or twice a week. For an hour or two, I can't access SEN. I just go find something else to do and come back though and it's always working again. I thought it might be server downtime.

Me too, but not nearly as often. I have always assumed that the server goes down.

None.

Dec 22 2008, 6:20 pm ForTheSwarm Post #15

This has happened to me once or twice too, and I use IE. :omfg:

None.

Dec 22 2008, 8:22 pm scwizard Post #16

Quote from Doodan

Quote from DT_Battlekruser
Quote from Doodan

Me too, but not nearly as often. I have always assumed that the server goes down.
Well in the case with me only one browser is affected, doodle is able to access SEN and I'm able to access SEN after clearing my cookies. So it's not the server going down.

None.

Dec 23 2008, 3:31 am Lord Malvanis Post #17

I've had the same problem a few times somewhat two or three months ago, where I couldn't access SEN for at least 3 hours but since then I've been fine loading SEN

None.

Dec 23 2008, 6:51 am Generalpie Post #18

Staredit Puckwork

Ive never experienced this before...
and im using the buggiest windows vista EVER?
maybe im too L33t?
maybe its that addon i put in my FF before going on SEN for the first time on FF?
i doubt it though.

None.

Dec 26 2008, 9:43 pm Conspiracy Post #19

I have no problem. I find that firefox 3 is a HUGE problem with everything. So i found my old 2.0.0.11 firefox downloader, I can hand it to you if you want. It works like a freaking miracle. No problems except the occasional freeze, where I just hit refresh, or press the link again and it works.

None.

Jan 1 2009, 11:54 pm scwizard Post #20

It's happening again. Firefox won't load SEN but IE will.

Poking IP over AIM now to see if I can get him to look at what signals my FF is sending SEN to make it do this.

None.

Options
  Back to forum