Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Map Showcase > Topic: Shuriken
Shuriken
Dec 19 2008, 1:38 pm
By: MetalGear  

Dec 23 2008, 11:24 am MetalGear Post #21

yeh im feeling a little out of energy considering the amount of time i spent on the last 2 maps. however i see good potential in this. its really fun to play, i suggest you give it a try. remember its a team game so get a 2v2 going at least. at the moment, i think its just lacking variety, which i intend to take further in the next map.

quick question... kind of newby lol. how do i display pictures in a file topic? the img thing requests that you enter the location of the file. what location? the folder on my computer or do i somehow submit an image on the site and locate it that way?

None.

Dec 24 2008, 8:44 pm StrikerX22 Post #22

Yeah I know how it can be annoying when ppl won't look into your map, despite all the effort you've put in it. In my recent case, they didn't even give feedback. At least the bnet'ers that give it a chance like it. But it's hard to get that going because, mine too, it requires good team numbers. 2v2 is okay for showing off but isn't that interesting. 4v4 is much more epic. 1v1 is nothing. I built it to be a team game, and there aren't comps involved, so people can't be sneaky cowards and try the map on their own after d/l'ing it so they don't look like noobs when they play with others, and hence likely end up never hosting. Sad thing is, that's one thing that makes one noob, but yeah. /rant... I'll try it, I just have a lot of maps to go through and this needs teams.

To actually display pictures (instead of attaching a file), host them somewhere like Photobucket or whatnot, and make sure there's no special characters like spaces. make em dashes, etc. Make sure the file name is not too long as well, as I think I've encountered a problem with that as well (keep under 32 char with .gif/jpg). After you get that done, make sure you get the url of the image itself, and not the page it's on. Then you can use the image tag button and enter the url as the location.

Also, a word of advice. I wouldn't say something like "Temple Siege fans will love this!" as it sounds very presumptuous, that your map is as good or better (implication is actually "better"), as if you're trying to draw attention from it. You could edit it, but whatever. Good luck anyhow.

None.

Dec 31 2008, 3:15 am StrikerX22 Post #23

Things I've noticed: some characters have the same spells, which is sad since there's only 3 and the spells tend to be similar anyways. Also, please put notes as to how each attack works, in a way that map makers will understand. It would be a much better instruction than "teleports back in time 20 seconds".... i mean, really. I'm trying it now though, and it at least has some potential. I also wonder how leveling spells works, though I haven't had a chance to try yet.

Please put more info, in other words.

Oh yeah, bugs/revisions...
-experience area: spawn units: doesn't accept exp templar very well.
-put spells in objectives since you don't put the names anywhere else in play.
-Game seemed a bit too fast and easy... was 2v2, new ppl. Tower went down pretty fast, and overmind not in too long with a hero there constantly shooting and healing. I mean, meh.

None.

Dec 31 2008, 7:11 am MetalGear Post #24

yeh i see what you mean. im making all kinds of improvements in the new version im currently working on, including all the flaws you just mentioned. also designed some more interesting terrain, added more unique spells also and much more variety. map should be ready in about a week.

None.

Options
  Back to forum