Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Firegraft & TBLPad
Firegraft & TBLPad
Dec 5 2008, 11:52 pm
By: Lord Malvanis  

Dec 5 2008, 11:52 pm Lord Malvanis Post #1

I was using FireGraft to make it so instead of wasting your valuable miners, you can build a Terran Scout from your command center and go scout your enemies base with a different worthless unit.
But, I need to know how to add a "Train Scout" to stat_txt.tbl, because when you go to build him, all it says is
"terran marine" and I don't want it to say that. Can someone help me out?

None.

Dec 6 2008, 12:24 am Angle Lock Post #2

In firegraft, on the requirement and action string, I bet it says build Terran marine :)

choose a string that you will never use for example, scroll way down until you see zerg expansion somethin somethin...

You will never use that, right?

Set the Action String to that, and if you need something in order to build the scout(for example, firebat needs academy) then set the requirement string to another one of those useless strings, then go to TBLPad to modify that exact string that you just set it to to Train Terran Scout :)

gl hf gg dd...

KK: The editing reason got cut off, so I'll say it here. Please take the time to type 'you' instead of 'u'. Thanks.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Dec 6 2008, 12:40 am by Killer_Kow.

None.

Dec 6 2008, 12:39 am Fisty Post #3

Quote from Angle Lock
In firegraft, on the requirement and action string, I bet it says build Terran marine :)

choose a string that you will never use for example, scroll way down until you see zerg expansion somethin somethin...

You will never use that, right?

Set the Action String to that, and if you need something in order to build the scout(for example, firebat needs academy) then set the requirement string to another one of those useless strings, then go to TBLPad to modify that exact string that you just set it to to Train Terran Scout :)

gl hf gg dd...
OR you can add a new string, like the cool kids.

None.

Dec 6 2008, 1:35 am Lord Malvanis Post #4

Or you can add a new string, like the cool kids.
Well, I tried adding a new string in TBLPad, do I just select that new string in firegraft?

None.

Dec 6 2008, 2:39 am modmaster50 Post #5

Yeah, you select that new string. Make sure your new string has no TBL formatting errors in it. You wont be able to see your new string unless your modified stat_txt.tbl is viewable by firegraft (I believe you put it in the MPQ that you load into FG, but I remember that 0.93 always asks you to delete everything in that MPQ whenever you save...correct me if Im wrong, havent run FG in months).

None.

Options
  Back to forum