Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Are these possible?
Are these possible?
Nov 30 2008, 12:04 am
By: Biophysicist  

Nov 30 2008, 12:04 am Biophysicist Post #1

Are the following things possible:

1. Making a spell stun the unit that uses it. (Or, making Lockdown deal damage and make the stun effect splash.)
2. Making a Terran building that is 1x1 square large, can use Liftoff, can move slowly while not lifted off, moves epicly fast while lifted, can attack but only while non-lifted, does not burn, and is effected by an Arbiter's cloaking field? (The last two aren't 100% needed, but they would make the mod much better.) It doesn't matter if I screw up the normal Terran buildings.
3. Making a Siege Tank go back into Tank Mode a few seconds after it enters Siege Mode.
4. Making entering/exiting Siege Mode instantaneous.
5. Making TassadarZeratul not fail.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 12:10 am Lord Malvanis Post #2

I'm not that great in modding but with the building thing I don't think it would work, an instant siege would be cool though I hope that works out for you.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 12:44 am Biophysicist Post #3

The instant siege is only useful if I can make it exit siege automatically after about 1 second. Or even better, if I can make it unsiege automatically .1 second after it moves. (You can make a Siege Mode mobile, correct?)

None.

Nov 30 2008, 2:09 am Angle Lock Post #4

1. Don't know what you saying... but the lockdown with a damage is possible if u put a lockdown effect onto a unit's regular weapon. You can iscript that unit's attack animation, add a Useweapon, put lockdown's ID at there.
2. Uh... dunno...
3. In tank's Idle animation, place a wait and the time u want it to stay at that mod, then place a goto and link it to the unsiege animation
4. In the siege/unsiege animation, delete all the frame playing crap and the waiting stuff..
5. ???

EDIT: I can begin to see what are u tryin to do with that tank, after you asked that if the siege mod tank can move ; )

None.

Nov 30 2008, 2:23 am ForTheSwarm Post #5

1. WRONG. You need iscript. (useweapon)
2. I think you can do all of those. The last one: you'd need to make the building a unit (for the cloaking). The burning: I think there's a datedit checkbox for that. There's definitely an exe edit for all Terran burning. Or you can try making the building protoss/zerg.
3 & 4. What he said.
5. Yes. Increase its stats tenfold, and give it the Duke's shock cannon weapon, except with no cooldown. :P Get it? Get it?

None.

Nov 30 2008, 3:07 am Biophysicist Post #6

So how would I make a non-lifted building move, and how would I give the lifted and non-lifted modes different forms? And I also need the lifted version to NOT have the Move button, so the only way to make it move is to order it to land.

Also, can you make Liftoff cost energy?

And I don't get it. I can't give myself Duke's cannon.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 4:09 am Corbo Post #7

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

1. Making a spell stun the unit that uses it. (Or, making Lockdown deal damage and make the stun effect splash.)
You can use stasis field or lockdown to "stun" units. You can make them do damage via iscript, both. And you can change the splash radius and several damage settings on weapons.dat.

2. Making a Terran building that is 1x1 square large, can use Liftoff, can move slowly while not lifted off, moves epicly fast while lifted, can attack but only while non-lifted, does not burn, and is effected by an Arbiter's cloaking field? (The last two aren't 100% needed, but they would make the mod much better.) It doesn't matter if I screw up the normal Terran buildings.
Amm... Make it a unit instead of a building. In consequence it will be affected by arbiter's cloaking field and it will obviously not burn. And just resize the graphic to really small (if you want it small) and then change the "placement box" settings on datedit and the unit size as well. To make it change speed when "lift off" you can either make it a siege tank so tank mode is slow and siege mode is really fast or you can make it morph. This would be the easier way, though.
Additionally you can just iscript everything (including moving for unmobile ground build, yeah...).

3. Making a Siege Tank go back into Tank Mode a few seconds after it enters Siege Mode.
I bet you could do this via iscript, when it calls upon siege mode then you just add a wait and force it to return to tank mode (although I think that since they're two different unit their iscripts are not related at all...). Or you could use triggers to remove all siege tanks after a certain time and replace them for tanks in tank mode.

4. Making entering/exiting Siege Mode instantaneous.
I don't think you can really. I'd have to look up more into it, though.

That's hardcoded. It's not possible with starcraft modding :P

fuck you all

Nov 30 2008, 4:26 am Biophysicist Post #8

I think I get what you're trying to say... Or maybe not, but w/e. Are you saying that I can give the "building" the Siege Mode button, and give the Siege Mode the ability to morph into the base building, Zerg Drone-style? So if I was using the Missile Turrey (as an example) for the base unit, I give the Missile Turret Siege Mode, and give the Siege Mode unit a button to morph into a Missile Turret, and make it a flyer unit? (And if I do this, will it screw with the unit's HP/shields/energy?)

And I don't think anyone answered if you can make Siege Mode require energy.

Quote from Corbo

That's just mean.

None.

Nov 30 2008, 5:32 am Phobos Post #9

Are you sure about that?

Quote from name:
Quote from Corbo

That's just mean.
If you don't have respect for yourself, don't expect anyone else to respect you.

this is signature

Nov 30 2008, 5:40 am Hercanic Post #10

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Quote from name:TassadarZeratul
If the unit only has the one spell, you can craft the stun effect in its casting animation iscript, using the Unbreakable opcode and an appropriate Wait time (maybe even throw in an overlay).

Nov 30 2008, 4:05 pm Angle Lock Post #11

No, you may not give siege mode ability energyr requirement.

None.

Options
  Back to forum