Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: I need spell/character ideas for an AoS map
I need spell/character ideas for an AoS map
Oct 30 2008, 10:11 pm
By: Biophysicist  

Nov 1 2008, 8:54 pm Biophysicist Post #21

I disagree. It would be too hard for the players to keep the spells straight, for one thing. And I also just think players wouldn't like only having four character choices. Neither would I like making a map with only four characters.

None.

Nov 1 2008, 9:41 pm stickynote Post #22

I didn't think about that rot thing. Why don't you just let players choose from heroes from both teams? As in, pool all the heroes into one area and have the players choose a hero, regardless of affiliation. Then you could have multiple modes (pick a hero, or everybody gets a random one). It would at least fix the irradiation problem.

None.

Nov 1 2008, 10:16 pm Biophysicist Post #23

I might implement a "Pick Heroes From Both Sides" mode later, but I'd prefer to have the default be that you can only pick your sides heroes. I don't want to change something that big just for two spells.

Currently, I'm adding your assassin character to the Protoss/Terran team as a Dark Templar and changing Poison Ward to an Archon.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 1:17 pm Pigy_G Post #24

Okay why did you say you liked my queen, then completelty changed and butchered it?

None.

Nov 2 2008, 5:42 pm Biophysicist Post #25

What do you mean, "completely changed and butchered it"? The only things I changed were giving it a normal attack, made Ensnare not spawn Sunken Colonies (because it doesn't need to now that the Queen has a normal attack) and Infest mode. I suppose Infest mode is pretty different now, but I didn't want to do the Infested Kerrigan thing because that would be a total heal and screw up if cast when the Queen is over water/cliffs.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 6:14 pm lil-Inferno Post #26

Just here for the pie

Quote from name:Mr.Ming
OBLIVION

- Summons a ghost that nukes with an AI script haha
The delay would be a major "turn-off" but the explosion would indeed be satisfying.

Nov 2 2008, 10:50 pm Biophysicist Post #27

Quote from name:Mr.Ming
OBLIVION

- Summons a ghost that nukes with an AI script haha

And you complain about people "spamming" your threads? And if you actually bothered to read the character list, you'd see that Metal Gear (the Goliath) has a nuke spell.

Anyway, I'm updating the list. I'm changing Zeratul to a Hunter Killer, moving him to the Zerg team, and re-naming him "Stalker Slayer", and changing his ultimate. I'm also making Kerrigan's Throne more like the Pigy_G's original Queen idea, because in looking back I realized why he said I "completely changed and butchered" it. Sorry Pigy.

EDIT: I also realized that Uberlisk's Meat Hooks spell might interact badly with Grey Templar's Force Field if Meat Hooks is fired across the force field. I've changed it to teleport the target to Uberlisk instead of move-ordering it.

And just wondering, did anyone actually read through the entire character list? Not just skim it, actually read it? Just curious.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2008, 11:04 pm by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Nov 3 2008, 7:25 pm Pigy_G Post #28

I'm also making Kerrigan's Throne more like the Pigy_G's original Queen idea, because in looking back I realized why he said I "completely changed and butchered" it. Sorry Pigy.

It's cool, It's your map. I'm just glad your using my ideas at all, It feels good to help. I might post some more ideas on the other thread.

None.

Nov 3 2008, 8:09 pm Biophysicist Post #29

This thread is unnecessary now that the Production thread is up, and can be locked.

None.

Options
  Back to forum