Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: DatEdit not working
DatEdit not working
Oct 27 2008, 4:11 pm
By: PIESOFTHENORTH  

Oct 28 2008, 1:12 pm Devourer Post #21

Hello

mhhh... you are may got the korean stat_txt.tbl ....
local ID's tells you for what language the .tbl is..... (I don't know which ID is what language.... just look into Wiki or google it :D)

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 28 2008, 2:32 pm poiuy_qwert Post #22

PyMS and ProTRG developer

Yeah DeV is probably right, extract the stat_txt.tbl with locale id 0 for english. There is also a possibility that your TBL editor isn't working right (a bunch of people have been having that problem out of the blue), so if thats true you can try PyTBL (part of PyMS, link in my sig)

Nov 2 2008, 4:44 pm PIESOFTHENORTH Post #23

Quote from Devourer
sooo....
you don't need to, but they are used often I think... I'll explain their funcitons

firegraft: Edits bottuns, can create a mod-exe and can adding "plugins"
TBLedit: this allows you to edit / add strings to your mod [required to add a new unit, for example]

Hmm.. on another note... i can't get Firegraft to work. it says the only supported versions are 1.14, 1.15 and 1.15.1

Yeah DeV is probably right, extract the stat_txt.tbl with locale id 0 for english. There is also a possibility that your TBL editor isn't working right (a bunch of people have been having that problem out of the blue), so if thats true you can try PyTBL (part of PyMS, link in my sig)

Thanks! it seems to work fine now i can actually understand what it's saying :D

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 2 2008, 4:53 pm by PIESOFTHENORTH.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 4:54 pm FlyingHat Post #24

To get FG working, you need to downgrade SC to version 1.15.1 using http://www.staredit.net/topic/3929/.

None.

Nov 2 2008, 5:36 pm PIESOFTHENORTH Post #25

ah ok. also, can i put changes i make in DatEdit and Firegraft into 1 mod MPQ for MPQDraft to use? what should i save the firegraft changes as?

None.

Nov 2 2008, 6:46 pm poiuy_qwert Post #26

PyMS and ProTRG developer

FireGraft and MPQDraft do not mix, they are two different programs to do practically the same thing (create a mod executable), except FG has advanced editing features to edit the tech tree and other stuff. So what you want to do is in FG, use Save As, make sure its set to save as exe, then when it asks you to include an MPQ in your mod, you select the MPQ with all your DatEdit changes, and they will be combined. Alternately you can just build the FG executable, then open the actual EXE in WinMPQ (since it has an embedded MPQ to hold the mod files) and add your dat files.

Nov 4 2008, 2:42 am Angle Lock Post #27

so in conclusion, just don't use MPQdraft.... use winmpq and put together everything and save it as a mpq file, then make changes in FG, save it, it will pop out a thing, click yes, select ur mpq file, then save it... then run the FG executable, then ur all good to go!

None.

Options
  Back to forum