My first Tileset-Terrain
Oct 15 2008, 6:10 pm
By: Devourer  

Oct 15 2008, 6:10 pm Devourer Post #1

Hello

Hi there... I just have started with tileset-terrain-combinations
a new "high-jugnle-terrain" made of the bridge and outpost

what do you think about this?

Please report errors in the Staredit.Network forum.

Oct 15 2008, 6:18 pm Lakai Post #2

Take off the grid

And this is basically just the temple terrain therefor not needing to be extended

None.

Oct 15 2008, 9:53 pm Symmetry Post #3

Dungeon Master

Quote from Lakai
And this is basically just the temple terrain therefor not needing to be extended

You're blind. Or retarded.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 15 2008, 10:31 pm Falkoner Post #4

It's nice, although I can see right now that if you took off the grid, it would look a lot blockier than you think it is, whenever terraining, take off your grid, it often makes you think things blend when they do not.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 6:55 pm Devourer Post #5

Hello

Quote from Falkoner
It's nice, although I can see right now that if you took off the grid, it would look a lot blockier than you think it is, whenever terraining, take off your grid, it often makes you think things blend when they do not.

crap.... i made the map as a new map.... made screen -> print -> save picture -> imageshack, uploaded -> posted here...
and guess what...
i closed the map without saving :D

Oct 17 2008, 1:46 pm JaBoK Post #6

Well, just as a note, if you want to put the bridge on a temple, you're better off using the double temple edge (when you go in to the editor, place a thin strip of temple in an X shape (as thin as it goes, so unwalkable) and then take the interior corners, to create a thin wall thing that does not have grass in the back end, works wonders for terrain.

None.

Oct 19 2008, 4:42 pm Devourer Post #7

Hello

Quote from JaBoK
Well, just as a note, if you want to put the bridge on a temple, you're better off using the double temple edge (when you go in to the editor, place a thin strip of temple in an X shape (as thin as it goes, so unwalkable) and then take the interior corners, to create a thin wall thing that does not have grass in the back end, works wonders for terrain.

didn't really understand.... can you explain it better??

Oct 20 2008, 1:25 am Falkoner Post #8

He's saying to use that, and put the bridge on that, instead of just on normal temple terrain.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 2:12 am JaBoK Post #9

Well, here's my 3 minute attempt, I'm sure you could dig up better tiles for the edges though.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 3:32 am Falkoner Post #10

Although, I did what he did originally, and I was quite impressed with the results:

Maybe it doesn't look as good in back, but it's pretty smexy in the front, just a bit blocky.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 1:18 pm Devourer Post #11

Hello

Quote from JaBoK
Well, here's my 3 minute attempt, I'm sure you could dig up better tiles for the edges though.

looks nice... but if you zoom: blocky but thanks for that hint :P

Options
  Back to forum