Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Winter Mapping Contest '08
Winter Mapping Contest '08
Oct 2 2008, 8:28 pm
By: Pigy_G
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11

Jan 10 2009, 12:06 am T-Virus Post #201

Professionalism is the "clean-cut" feeling of a map. By clean-cut this refers to anything that could be out of place, color-coordination, terrain that doesn't make sense, slopping cinimatics, etc. Bottom line, if it looks half-assed then its not very professional.

None.

Jan 10 2009, 12:13 am Pigy_G Post #202

Professionalism is the "clean-cut" feeling of a map. By clean-cut this refers to anything that could be out of place, color-coordination, terrain that doesn't make sense, slopping cinimatics, etc. Bottom line, if it looks half-assed then its not very professional.

None.

Jan 10 2009, 12:17 am Kaias Post #203

Quote from T-Virus
I would also add complexity/difficulty of the map systems in the mix. A very complex map that seems glitch free, well put together, designed and coordinates nicely is more professional than a map that seems equally seamless but only involves beginner level difficulty (especially when it could've easily been improved)- at least by my definition.

None.

Jan 10 2009, 8:35 am T-Virus Post #204

Quote from Kaias
Quote from T-Virus
I would also add complexity/difficulty of the map systems in the mix. A very complex map that seems glitch free, well put together, designed and coordinates nicely is more professional than a map that seems equally seamless but only involves beginner level difficulty (especially when it could've easily been improved)- at least by my definition.
Thanks for that extra bit, it really gives a more in-length description of another crucial way professionalism is judged.

None.

Jan 10 2009, 6:55 pm ETEFT(U) Post #205

Hey, we won! LoL. Congrats to every 1 else who entered and placed. Damn, we can't even get it on the homepage? Someone is slacking... :bleh:

None.

Jan 10 2009, 8:11 pm T-Virus Post #206

Quote from name:ETEFT
Hey, we won! LoL. Congrats to every 1 else who entered and placed. Damn, we can't even get it on the homepage? Someone is slacking... :bleh:
I would assume for any mapping contest featured on SEN that there would be a news bulletin posted of the 1st through 3rd players and a link to their maps. I hope moose will consider it, to say the least.

None.

Jan 11 2009, 8:48 am CooL Post #207

Congratulation, everybody!

And I wonder how much point I got heehee

None.

Jan 12 2009, 2:30 am ClansAreForGays Post #208

Battle Dome should have won.

I denounce this.

Jan 12 2009, 5:05 am ETEFT(U) Post #209

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Battle Dome should have won.

I denounce this.
Sounds like a QQ.. Leave the decisions to the judges. They made the right call.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 6:30 am Ei47 Post #210

Nah i think my map should have gotten 5th place

None.

Jan 12 2009, 4:45 pm Pigy_G Post #211

I don't think anyone should argue with the judges decision, we spent awhile actually playing each of the maps and evaluating them individually then as a group. It's not like we just picked one, each one scored differently in each category and if you add up the scores the results are as posted. I must say however I was rather dissapointed in the turn out. Hopefully we get much more to future contests, like the RPG Challenge.

None.

Jan 12 2009, 8:02 pm Demented Shaman Post #212

I entered out of pity for the contest because I knew that no one would enter. You should thank me. :bleh:

And I think my success to effort ratio is the highest :)

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 9 10 11
  Back to forum