Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Bullying
Bullying
Sep 14 2007, 12:40 am
By: Matt Burch
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Sep 14 2007, 5:00 pm Kyuubi. Post #21

hurting other people physically and/or mentally in the form of bullying doesn't sound right to me, that'll just fuel more conflict with other people. we are humans, but i guess some of us still act pretty wild in nature. defending people makes you feel pretty good knowing that you tried helping someone out.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 5:21 pm Demented Shaman Post #22

Just because you can bully someone doesn't mean you should. In school there's really no point in it.

Whats wrong with bullying. Its the only way to get up the social ladder or people will think your weak. And plus its sets a good example for the police because when a school shooting begins the police know it was because of bullying.
That's the dumbest shit you've ever posted.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 6:56 pm mikelat Post #23

Quote from devilesk
Whats wrong with bullying. Its the only way to get up the social ladder or people will think your weak. And plus its sets a good example for the police because when a school shooting begins the police know it was because of bullying.
That's the dumbest shit you've ever posted.
Its not the dumbest shit but its close. Its posts like that why he got banned the last time. Apparently he hasn't learnt his lesson.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 7:01 pm Paravin. Post #24

Bullying is natural to, us, teenagers. There is no way to stop it, except maturing.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 7:03 pm XGuy Post #25

basically being the guy whos "friends with everybody".

That's how I am.

Bullying won't stop though, and I think people who are getting "bullied" need to understand that the "bullies" are just playing around. When you get older you know it's fun to play a little prank on the smaller guys. If the "bullying" goes too far, then the "bullies" have some mental problems. I think a good idea for people who are getting "bullied" by people that go too far, should just identify who they are and stay away from them. Most people get "bullied" because of their characteristics in my opinion. So I guess if your a really short guy with glasses and braces your a pretty big target.

... Also, this thread made me laugh really hard, I mean come on man, bullies? This is elementary school stuff, by high school people should be mature enough.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 7:10 pm Golden-Fist Post #26

I use to get bullied, it was by my assumed best friends at that point. One day I sort of lost it and went into a rage. I pushed one of my friends down and then started whipping my other friend with my fists in his face (I had two friends at that time). Then the other one got up and tackled me, and wrestled him off me quickly and as I tried to get up the other friend who I punched kicked me back down. So I scrambled back up and ripped off a locker door (It was probably loose) and I starting wailing on both of them until they were on the ground bleeding and moaning and swearing. Then screamed "STOP BEING FUCKING ASSHOLES" and I haven't talked to them since.

I'm a fairly calm guy so anything that can inspire that into me is fairly strong. Bullying is really lame but it rarely happens in my school anymore. Plus I'm an upper classman and all the sophomores and freshmen are afraid of me.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 8:00 pm Zergblender Post #27

I once dealt with bullies in a rather rough way..
It felt so good. As if violance was somekind of drug.
Since then I haven't had any trouble with them anymore.

People are so much less than they say they are.
The quiet people are the only dangerous ones.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 8:00 pm Money Post #28

My circle of friends is the kind that all know each other well enough that they know when to "bully" (probably more like teasing) the other for a good laugh without hurting their feelings.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 8:05 pm Golden-Fist Post #29

Quote from Zergblender
To take a bit from George Carlin:

"Everyone always says 'it's the quiet ones you gotta watch.' There was some murder on FOX News a few days ago, the neighbors said he was always very quiet, and it's the quiet ones you gotta watch.

WHY?!

If you're in a bar and you see one man sitting at a table reading a book and another guy at the front of the entrance banging on the wall with a machete yelling 'IM GOING TO THE KILL THE NEXT MOTHER FUCKER WHO COMES IN HERE.' ....Who ya gonna watch?"

None.

Sep 14 2007, 8:47 pm Akar Post #30

You are not in that situation, and you should never hope to be. It may sound really easy to disarm a guy, but in real life you'll be shitting yourself. Don't think that way, its dangerous.
Thats only if the person came busting into the classroom, I wouldn't go around searching for them.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 12:16 am Zergblender Post #31

Quote from Golden-Fist
Quote from Zergblender

"Everyone always says 'it's the quiet ones you gotta watch.' There was some murder on FOX News a few days ago, the neighbors said he was always very quiet, and it's the quiet ones you gotta watch.

WHY?!

If you're in a bar and you see one man sitting at a table reading a book and another guy at the front of the entrance banging on the wall with a machete yelling 'IM GOING TO THE KILL THE NEXT MOTHER FUCKER WHO COMES IN HERE.' ....Who ya gonna watch?"
Because he was a quiet guy first,
probably a nervous breakdown or post-traumatic stress factor gone beserk.
(Potential causes: Wife left him, he got fired, his company is going bankrupt, etc.)
Some police officer will probably rush to the scene telling him to calm down and hand over the weapon.
After he has done that, the officers will roughly overpower him, slam the cuffs on him and in some cases giving him a kick in the gut.
Reading him his rights and taking him downtown.
That, or they sould snipe him from the building across the street (only if he has taken hostages).

The guy with the book is too smart to end up like that.
He's very sure of himself and couldn't care less for the other ones.
Any "quiet person" who still maintains a certain amount of sanity would have fled the scene long ago or watch from a distance.

lol, I watch too many movies :P

None.

Sep 15 2007, 12:45 am Golden-Fist Post #32

Or you know, they're shy and not outgoing.

OMG LETS PUT HIM IN A CONCENTRATION CAMP HES ON A LAPTOP INSTEAD OF YELLING INTO A CELL PHONE!!!

None.

Sep 15 2007, 2:20 am Doodan Post #33

Quote from Golden-Fist
Quote from Zergblender

WHY?!

Haha, when I saw Zergblender's post, I was gonna quote George Carlin but you beat me to it. :P

None.

Sep 15 2007, 2:22 am Doodan Post #34

Quote from Akar
You are not in that situation, and you should never hope to be. It may sound really easy to disarm a guy, but in real life you'll be shitting yourself. Don't think that way, its dangerous.
Thats only if the person came busting into the classroom, I wouldn't go around searching for them.
Really? Don't underestimate fear. Especially your own. Just because it sounds good in your head doesn't mean you'd actually be insane enough to charge at someone with a gun. Another one that watches too many movies.

LOLDUBBLEPOST

None.

Sep 15 2007, 2:45 am Matt Burch Post #35

Wow, at first I couldn't believe what you guys posted. It was like you didn't care at all about kids being bullied. Thanks Doodan, what you posted about natural dominence really makes sense, and I am now pretty neutral about this. I'll still try to stop bullying when I can, but I'm not going to go looking for bullies and stopping them.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 3:46 am Dr. Shotgun Post #36

Doodan's pure Social Darwinist.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 4:36 am Zell. Post #37

bwaha i got bullied on the bus when i was younger. Pretty much in 8th grade i stuck up for myself and now i don't have to worry about it. Ha people who bully are the real pussies, i just told them I'd beat there ass and they went away. I don't really need other people stickin up for me like you guys were talking about.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 4:39 am Echo Post #38

VeeDeeOhBullying has its consequences. You never know when someone would be watching.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 5:11 am DT_Battlekruser Post #39

Quote from O)Matt_Burch
Wow, at first I couldn't believe what you guys posted. It was like you didn't care at all about kids being bullied. Thanks Doodan, what you posted about natural dominence really makes sense, and I am now pretty neutral about this. I'll still try to stop bullying when I can, but I'm not going to go looking for bullies and stopping them.

Yeah, replying to your original post, you're too cultured for your own good :P

It's getting to be a fact of life that 'society' per se is going down the drain like you saw at your local skate park, and changing the ideology of hundreds of millions of people is somewhat of a Herculean task.

I had a somewhat similar experience culture-wise on my trip to St. Petersburg, Russia, last spring. It was a band trip, and there on the last evening we were in Russia, the International Fine Arts Institute rented a nightclub for a night of "cultural bonding". Needless to say, all I learned is that Russian youth, like Americans, excel and procuring drugs and alcohol, both of which were rampant at the disco.

I could say I was 'bullied' in my younger years -- teased is probably more like it since I was never physically abused. I lived with it, and these days the bullies, like you mentioned, have matured (almost none have), been expelled for drugs/weapons (a few have), or simply failed enough classes to be more or less out of life (most of them). High school is big enough for there to be a small clique of sane and sensible people, and there I now reside.

I don't know if I quite agree with Doodan in saying it's a necessary evil, but sadly it is an undeniable aspect of human nature, and, waxing or waning through the decades, it will never truly vanish.

None.

Sep 15 2007, 2:14 pm InsolubleFluff Post #40

The only thing I can relate to about teasing is when I was in like year 3 (english equivellent to grade 3) my friends would call me "row row, row your boat" seeing as my name is Rowan. But saying that, at this age we would race to the drain as soon as the bell went off and the first person there would get a "rainbow ribbon" second got "gold" third got "silver" and fourth got "bronze"... so really in perspective of the name calling, it was really just childish banter.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum