Spells
Aug 5 2008, 5:34 am
By: KyleIs1337
Pages: < 1 2 3

Aug 11 2008, 12:59 pm Biophysicist Post #41

I think you can center on it, will check.

EDIT: *swears loudly* I tested this, and when I did the Sweep, the location moved to the center of the map. Grrr...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2008, 2:32 pm by TassadarZeratul.

None.

Aug 12 2008, 1:37 am KyleIs1337 Post #42

I told you :). Why didn't you just listen to me?

None.

Aug 12 2008, 2:43 am Biophysicist Post #43

'Cause I had to find out for myself.

I just realized that you might be able to figure out where a Sweep is by using a grid and the Commands the Least condition. Important question though, what does that condition do if two people have the same number of units?

None.

Aug 12 2008, 3:05 am Falkoner Post #44

Does the commands at least work to detect them, or are you just guessing?

None.

Aug 12 2008, 4:59 am KyleIs1337 Post #45

You could detect where it is by using grids and command least at but that would require a large amount of locations. Do you mean static grid, coordinate grid, or mobile grid? Also, I don't use that condition often so I'd think that it would just run for both of them? And Falkoner, I'm not guessing I've tried to make a mobile teleporter using this method but it didn't work so I resorted to using the dark swarm method.

None.

Aug 12 2008, 5:26 am Madroc Post #46

I'll tell you some from the XMen Map... I am using some of them in my RPG tho so beware that they might be the same X :bleh:

1. Create a horde of Dark Templar that disappear after 10 seconds
2. Create a like 9x9 location and center it on your guy, all enemies die Big blue explosion.
3. Move a 3x3 location constantly on your guy for 5 seconds and all enemies die at that location. Blue Explosions.
4. Create an observer that travels to the top right that has a 3x3 centered on him all the way. all enemies at the 3x3 die. The observer goes away after 5 seconds. Have some nice blue explosions.
5. A trigger induced Nuke is created - an observer is created at the top of the screen and travels towards you. All the while a 1x1 is centered on him and every unit at the 1x1 is killed. Small blue explosions. Then once it reaches you a big 9x9 location is like blam wow look at all the blue.
6. Have a hive that you create units out of, and each one is teleported to you and becomes your "pet."
7. Have a shuttle that has 8 broodlings in it and you unload one to teleport there and then the shuttle dies.
8. 5x5 blue explosions one time per second for 5 seconds

Those 7 are already incorperated into my map, but you are welcome to plagairizing me. :P
Some others - Create several spider mines at your location
Create a worker that can create buildings that do stuff like bunkers or supply depots that turn into bunkers.
Have a scourge that spews out spider mines
Create a Wraith that is constantly centered on you
Have an bear (ultralisk) pet
Have a raven (invincible mutalisk that does like 3 damage) that goes away after a minute
Turn yourself into a bear
For 15 seconds have a meteor shower around you that randomly creates 2x2 locations and kills all enemies there EDIt ok that is just too cool im putting that in my map
Evasion - Every few seconds you become invincible for a second
Convert several units in a 5x5 around you to fight for you
All units in a 9x9 around you become at 25% life
Create a hurtful wall - create an invincible dark templar next to you that deals 100000 damage that is always moved to outside the map. The Dark templar dies after 30 seconds. Man that is a great idea. That way you could like lead them by the dt and they will die...
Freeze all units around you in a 9x9 square for a while, they all are ordered to their current location
Teleport back to base
Bring yourself to full life
Bring someone else to full life
Create a Dark Swarm upon yourself - this is only useful if you are a melee unit like zealot or zergling or ultralisk
For each unit in a 9x9 around you, a dark templar is made next to that unit
Create a lurker or several underneath you
Nuclear Strike by a computer ghost at your location (yeah you should probably move)
All movement in a 9x9 around you is greatly lessened by constantly moving a 9x9 to yourself (does that work?)
All units you touch for 10 seconds die
You are invincible for 5 seconds

Well I'm all out of juice.
Pick and choose!

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 12 2008, 5:35 am by madroc.

None.

Aug 12 2008, 2:32 pm Biophysicist Post #47

Does the commands at least work to detect them, or are you just guessing?
Just guessing... Looks like I have some testing to do. :ermm:

You could detect where it is by using grids and command least at but that would require a large amount of locations. Do you mean static grid, coordinate grid, or mobile grid? Also, I don't use that condition often so I'd think that it would just run for both of them? And Falkoner, I'm not guessing I've tried to make a mobile teleporter using this method but it didn't work so I resorted to using the dark swarm method.

I know it would take a large number of locations... And I'm using a coordinate grid.

None.

Aug 12 2008, 2:53 pm Ahli Post #48

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

-create a disruption fields on nearby ranged units or towers...
with mobile grids you could create disruption fields in the whole area around the player. (the player don't need a corsair for that, simply create the disruption fields with computer owned corsairs in an unused area of the map and move them.)
-scarab spell
-refill your energy
-mana to money spell
-slow enemy heroes (burrowed units under them)

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 12 2008, 2:58 pm by Ahli.

Aug 13 2008, 2:00 am Madroc Post #49

It would pretty cool to have a "Raise Dead" spell. You could simply put a location on units that died (there is a split second that they are alive but the death has been dealt) and after after the corpse disappears (you'd have to time it) the location goes away. Then for the spell, you could just move over the corpse and it would create the unit that died for you or just a skeleton.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum