Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: What grinds your gears?
What grinds your gears?
Jul 31 2008, 4:47 am
By: Matt Burch
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 911 >

Aug 3 2008, 12:01 am Biophysicist Post #121

My brother lecturing me. He will go on and on for hours about the stupidest stuff ever. For example, he once spend twenty minutes talking about the difference between cat's claws and fingernails. It is especially annoying when he lectures me about 'Craft, as he has yet to win A SINGLE GAME. Probably because he 'hates' some of the best units: eg. Siege Tanks, Wraiths, Arbiters, Carriers...

People who get annoyed when I refer to StarCraft as 'Craft.

Critters. The only thing they are good for is Parasite-ing for some free intel.

Shield Batteries. They are too hard to use. But, I'm trying to use them more, hoping that I'll get better at it.

None.

Aug 3 2008, 12:38 am EzDay281 Post #122

- Metal such as knives and especially forks scraping on your teeth. Drives me insane
Eugh. Or certain metals against each other, glass, or certain ceramics. The sound they produce is just... horrible. I've noticed that it's usually lighter ones, like tin, aluminimum, or certain steels, for me. Heavier metals like iron generally don't give me problems.
CRT displays. The noise they produce is annoying. To a lesser extent, people that insist I, or others, cannot hear CRT displays.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2008, 12:43 am by EzDay281.

None.

Aug 3 2008, 12:47 am FatalException Post #123

My monitor flickering and giving me a headache.
Ice grinding on things. It makes my jaw lock up just thinking about it.

None.

Aug 3 2008, 1:42 am Lingie Post #124

Xbox 360 Subscription.

Lingie#3148 on Discord. Lingie, the Fox-Tailed on Steam.

Aug 3 2008, 1:44 am Riney Post #125

Thigh high affectionado

Direct X 2

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 3 2008, 2:42 am FatalException Post #126

... Why do you have Direct X 2? Aren't we on 10?

None.

Aug 3 2008, 2:39 pm Riney Post #127

Thigh high affectionado

Oh I Dont have it ;D

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 3 2008, 3:11 pm Zell. Post #128

to be honest religious people really bother me, yes it is stereotyping but if your a christian you probably annoy me. I mean people will listen to anything, scientology, which is based on a fucking fiction book. The 1st thing is when you practice what you preach and are hypocritical. The 2nd thing is how stupid do you have to be, every reason why people are religious is selfish. Protection, Heaven/Hell, You want life to have a purpose, a free conscious, you see everyone else doing it, an explanation for life, you "want" something. If you didn't you would realize how much crap is in the noah's arc story, or how about all the people living to 900 in the bible?

and this is a what grinds your gears topic... I don't want another religous debate...

None.

Aug 3 2008, 4:53 pm MillenniumArmy Post #129

and this is a what grinds your gears topic... I don't want another religous debate...
Expressing your hatred towards religion over and over and over again is pretty much asking for one...

One can attack an idea all he or she want, but attacking the people becomes something completely different.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Aug 3 2008, 5:06 pm by MillenniumArmy.

None.

Aug 3 2008, 9:05 pm Echo Post #130

Obviously if you are attacking 1 single religion, you are being bias and unfair. You are also being ignorant. Can you explain why Christians annoy you? Let's not forget Jehovah's Witness is under the "Type" of Christianity but it isn't Christianity and it isn't accepted in that category.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 12:42 am Riney Post #131

Thigh high affectionado

Echo no offense, when was the last time you opened the door for a Jehovah's Witness?

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Aug 4 2008, 12:52 am Echo Post #132

2 Weeks ago. I'm not assholes to people. I just say sorry I'm Christian and I nicely close the door. What does that have to do with what I stated though? Religions are religions but people are still people so you shouldn't be jerks or start insulting other people like that.

What would I take offense on? I'm not Jehoavh Witness.

None.

Aug 4 2008, 1:05 am dumbducky Post #133

Quote from Zell.
to be honest religious people really bother me, yes it is stereotyping but if your a christian you probably annoy me.
Hey.

Oh sorry, did I just annoy you? I'm a Christian. I apologize for having a belief.

tits

Aug 4 2008, 1:52 am Kaias Post #134

Quote from MillenniumArmy
One can attack an idea all he or she want, but attacking the people becomes something completely different.
QFT

None.

Aug 5 2008, 2:04 am Zell. Post #135

Quote from dumbducky
Quote from Zell.
to be honest religious people really bother me, yes it is stereotyping but if your a christian you probably annoy me.
Hey.

Oh sorry, did I just annoy you? I'm a Christian. I apologize for having a belief.
yes you absolutely just annoyed me, by telling me your a christian you have to me just insulted logic. It annoys me. How about you PM next time okay??

One can attack an idea all he or she want, but attacking the people becomes something completely different
Look it really does grind my gears... If no one believed it I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Obviously if you are attacking 1 single religion, you are being bias and unfair. You are also being ignorant. Can you explain why Christians annoy you? Let's not forget Jehovah's Witness is under the "Type" of Christianity but it isn't Christianity and it isn't accepted in that category.
Bias and unfair? What am i ignorant too? I said it just how i meant it, if your christian you probably annoy me. As soon as i say why christians annoy me this topic will hit a wall of religious debate going 90mph. (on a motorcycle) I gave 2 simple reasons why it would annoy me otherwise PM me or we can start a topic.

None.

Aug 5 2008, 2:45 am MillenniumArmy Post #136

Yup, Atheists grind my gears now. Thank you

:)

None.

Aug 5 2008, 2:48 am WoAHorde Post #137

Take it to the PMs. Zell stated what grinds his gears, and you guys felt the need to interject. It's his opinion.

None.

Aug 5 2008, 2:50 am stickynote Post #138

-people who hate rap or hip hop without a good reason (ie. my parents)
-pedophiles
-people who go into bathrooms with cameras in their hands <--- seriously, wtf?
-battle.net nubcakes who leave a game if they can't figure out how to play in the first minute
-people who post dumb videos that they think are funny on youtube
-when a teacher gives a test without teaching the material
-drama teachers
-history teachers
-people who talk about their super smash bros brawl skills every other minute
-stupid and fat people (must be both)
-idiots who want to join a gang
-drug addicts
-miley cyrus
-teacher's pet
-snobby people
-spoiled rich kids

None.

Aug 5 2008, 2:50 am MillenniumArmy Post #139

Just like how I stated my opinion, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion. I just stated what grinds my gears now.

None.

Aug 5 2008, 2:51 am KrayZee Post #140

Quote from MillenniumArmy
Yup, Atheists grind my gears now. Thank you

:)
Same, especially the ones who thinks "they're all that".

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 911 >
  Back to forum