Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Clans
Clans
Sep 11 2007, 11:10 am
By: Forsaken Archer
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 11 >

Sep 30 2007, 4:56 pm MasterJohnny Post #161

That said originally AES was just Syphon and AntiEsponeo and considering some other stuff I know I'm going to assume it was Moose.

Yeah. uhh Its not moose but I think he was informed of this prank.

I am a Mathematician

Sep 30 2007, 8:55 pm AntiEsponeo Post #162

As I see it, the main intention of this revolt was a triumph. I am thinking that it may be fun to expand the society's target, from just Esponeo's grasp for power, to anything that the comrades of the society see fit as being unjust or unfair. The past few days of revolting was quite fun and amusing, not only to myself, but to others who knew about it. I don't think it is fair to just do this joke, invite people to the clan, and ditch them. Making them suffer because of the tag they blindlessly wandered into having. I don't like to dissapoint people, so I have a proposal to those comrades whom stayed loyal and took this society very seriously. Would you like to expand into revolting against anything that you do not see fit as being just and fair, not just against Esponeo. So people who are being singled out for absurd reasons over anything, we shall revolt against. As one of our fellow comrades said: "AES) UNITE!". With that said:

Ideas towards a better society:
1) Should there be an official battle.net channel that we use for our gatherings?
2) Would you like a forum to discuss possible revolutions? Possibly here if we get approved as an actual society, or as the others call it, a clan.
3) New tag? AES is just Espeoneo, what should our calling name be?
4)New name? AES is just Anti-Esponeo, if we expand into revolting against anything that seems unjust or unfair it shouldn't just be Anti-Esponeo. Unless Esponeo can stay to be an example set forth as being unjust and unfair?
5) other.. ?

Comrades, send me a personal message in response to the ideas towards the society. If you would like to join our society, send me a personal message, and I shall invite you to the society, and make you one of us.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Sep 30 2007, 8:56 pm by AntiEsponeo. Reason: Spelling and Grammar

None.

Sep 30 2007, 9:45 pm Echo Post #163

In my opinion, all clans including CheF should be removed from clan. As far as I know Nucca, and other clans such as AES does not make maps. Unless (U) (Although alive and superior) can make a comeback, it has to be removed too. AES so far is more like a mob. [MM], Orig, Oo, and LOLWUT currently has the requirement of what a "real" clan is supose to have.

None.

Sep 30 2007, 10:03 pm Wilhelm Post #164

Quote from AntiEsponeo
As I see it, the main intention of this revolt was a triumph. I am thinking that it may be fun to expand the society's target, from just Esponeo's grasp for power, to anything that the comrades of the society see fit as being unjust or unfair. The past few days of revolting was quite fun and amusing, not only to myself, but to others who knew about it. I don't think it is fair to just do this joke, invite people to the clan, and ditch them. Making them suffer because of the tag they blindlessly wandered into having. I don't like to dissapoint people, so I have a proposal to those comrades whom stayed loyal and took this society very seriously. Would you like to expand into revolting against anything that you do not see fit as being just and fair, not just against Esponeo. So people who are being singled out for absurd reasons over anything, we shall revolt against. As one of our fellow comrades said: "AES) UNITE!". With that said:

Ideas towards a better society:
1) Should there be an official battle.net channel that we use for our gatherings?
2) Would you like a forum to discuss possible revolutions? Possibly here if we get approved as an actual society, or as the others call it, a clan.
3) New tag? AES is just Espeoneo, what should our calling name be?
4)New name? AES is just Anti-Esponeo, if we expand into revolting against anything that seems unjust or unfair it shouldn't just be Anti-Esponeo. Unless Esponeo can stay to be an example set forth as being unjust and unfair?
5) other.. ?

Comrades, send me a personal message in response to the ideas towards the society. If you would like to join our society, send me a personal message, and I shall invite you to the society, and make you one of us.

I WANT OUT OF THIS KOOL-AID CULT

None.

Sep 30 2007, 10:08 pm Echo Post #165

Yay for wilhelm!

None.

Sep 30 2007, 10:10 pm Demented Shaman Post #166

Quote from Wilhelm
I WANT OUT OF THIS KOOL-AID CULT
Haha sucks for you, gg noob you're stuck with the tag.

Echo, Nucca has the best mapmakers out of all the clans.

None.

Sep 30 2007, 10:19 pm Echo Post #167

Old, retired map makers. I haven't seen a map from them released in ages. Half of those people don't even make maps. I mean if they label themselves as map makers, I wonder why they spend most of their life in this forum?

None.

Sep 30 2007, 10:51 pm Matt Burch Post #168

Quote from IsolatedPurity
I have a few ideas where to go with this side of SEN, but does hesitant to tell me yours, considering I'm not in a clan and especially don't lead one, you may have to tell me what you want.
1) Clan name and description where it displays the clans.
2) Custom ranks, like the folders you have for messages. Easy to use and organize.
3) Allow multiple clan joinings. Have the member choose the tags he wants on his username.
4) Optional tag options.
5) Colored tags to show ranks in the clan. Customizable by the leader.
6) Clan Logo or Banner on clan page.
7) Display member count on clan list page.
8) Display member count per membergroup/rank.
9) Clan wall. Only members may post.
10) Allow leaders to post clan events on the SeN calender (when finished) and have an option to be visible by all, or members only.
11) In clan forums, allow an option for topics to be viewed by members of the clan only, with the exception of certain moderators, and administrators (of course). Option only available for member moderators of the clan forum. Clan business is clan business, there doesn't have to be any nosy SeN people interfering with clan discussions.
12) No limit to the moderator count in clan forums.
13) Have an option to have the clan wall under the Global Shoutbox for the members of that clan.
14) Allow the clan to post a link to their site for updated information, rather than updating it all the time here. Clan[O] has a memberlist that updates itself every hour. It is created using a bot, and it's easy to have that displayed, than to update it here all the time.
15) Have the memberlist show when the member was last active on SeN.
16) List of recent maps or mods that have been uploaded by members.
17) List of current clan events/activities/contests.
18) Pages. Allow the leader to create pages, like folders, to the clan page. Have it as tabs or so, and allow it to have a post of whatever the leader posts.
19) Allow a member able to leave a clan.
20) Have a vote to have the clan disbanded. If a some random person somehow gets control of the leader, he shouldn't be able to disband it easily. Make disbanding done manually by an administrator.

None.

Sep 30 2007, 11:57 pm Money Post #169

3) Allow multiple clan joinings. Have the member choose the tags he wants on his username.
4) Optional tag options.

The leader should be able to allow users to toggle the clan tag.

5) Colored tags to show ranks in the clan. Customizable by the leader.

Should be able to be disabled by members (of SEN)

18) Pages. Allow the leader to create pages, like folders, to the clan page. Have it as tabs or so, and allow it to have a post of whatever the leader posts.

Wiki?

None.

Oct 1 2007, 12:14 am Dapperdan Post #170

Old, retired map makers. I haven't seen a map from them released in ages. Half of those people don't even make maps. I mean if they label themselves as map makers, I wonder why they spend most of their life in this forum?

JaFF
Koltz
Dapperdan
devilesk
MillenniumArmy
AntiSleep

These are people in the clan that I know are making maps right now or just released maps (and there's a few people that might be which I'm not counting because I don't know) And there's several others in there who have been known to make good maps. And except for MA, the other 5 up there have worked together testing/making maps together in some combination.

Echo, Nucca has the best mapmakers out of all the clans.

It's true. :omfg: Most of the other clans (not including MM of course) hardly have anyone that's made a map I've played or knew existed.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 12:21 am Demented Shaman Post #171

Quote from EcHo
The "old" and "retired" mapmakers have made more maps, good maps, than any "new" "active" ones will ever make. The "new" and "active" mapmakers don't even deserve to be called mapmakers because they don't even make maps.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 12:44 am Matt Burch Post #172

Quote from Dapperdan
Most of the other clans (not including MM of course) hardly have anyone that's made a map I've played or knew existed.
Clan[O] members are actively making maps. We just don't like to go parading around everytime we make a map. Most of the maps made by the members, that I know of, are made to be played and have fun. Usually played during map night. Not for popularity or to be known. There are plenty of maps currently in progress and being discussed in the channel every day. Asking for help to test or just to gather ideas. Just because you haven't seen a map made by a Clan[O] member, that doesn't mean we don't make maps.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 12:47 am Matt Burch Post #173

I bet I could make a list of atleast 15 Clan[O] members who are making a map right now.

Edit: Clicked the quote button instead of the edit button. Sorry for the double post.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 12:58 am Echo Post #174

Dapper, do you research. Koltz does not make maps anymore, and he said map making is gay. He only melees now. JaFF? Map making? Since how long ago? devilesk and MA is the only one that is making maps, the rest I never heard of.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 1:12 am UnholyUrine Post #175

Quote from Dapperdan

It's true. :omfg: Most of the other clans (not including MM of course) hardly have anyone that's made a map I've played or knew existed.

Which doesn't mean we don't make maps.. We like to keep them private... and Obviously you aren't looking hard enough..
Also.. it may also be because you guys are at UsEast while Clan Orig is at Uswest...
Btw the Clan Orig @useast isn't us... and they definately aren't map makers......

EDIT: .. Clan Nucca has a lot of the best map makers ON STAREDIT.NET .. not Battle.net.
There are a lot of unknown mappers out there that are good.. and don't forget Korean mappers either...
I don't know about the other clans on the list (other than AES.. which i know a lot about ;)) ...but we definately make maps.. and a lot of them.. A few of them are played by Public but of course.. not many of them actually gets played at UsEast... ... (I made Pylon D Alpha land =O .. i'm sure anyone who's been on SC long enough knows about that map.. that's the only map i can think of that crossed the border from West to East)

Just remember that if you Don't have the maps.. doesn't mean the maps are not out there... and doesn't mean the mappers aren't out there either...

None.

Oct 1 2007, 1:32 am Echo Post #176

I haven't seen maps from 2/3 of the map makers in Orig btw.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 1:49 am Matt Burch Post #177

Oh, btw, I haven't seen any Clan Chef maps, only a couple Clan U maps, and the only Clan Oo maps I've played are Soler Ball and Path D. What's your point Echo? Your statistics are biased. Do you spend lots of time in our channel, and are on all the time when members are making a map. Did you read anything that I posted in my previous post?
Just because you haven't seen many map made by Clan[O] members, that doesn't mean we don't make maps.
Hell, I don't think any of you have seen any of my maps. Solar, Snipe, LW, and Kenoli have seen two of my maps, but that's about it. Other than my friends and fellow Clan[O] members, I don't show anyone. Unless no one is online, I'll make it public, but that is rare.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 1:55 am Falkoner Post #178

I'd rather just remove all clans for the time being and any clans that were not a joke can be remade.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 1:59 am AntiEsponeo Post #179

AES) isn't a joke anymore. For those who are still with us, we are revolting against having the :yawn: as :O and : O as :omfg:.

None.

Oct 1 2007, 2:11 am Dapperdan Post #180

Dapper, do you research. Koltz does not make maps anymore, and he said map making is gay. He only melees now. JaFF? Map making? Since how long ago? devilesk and MA is the only one that is making maps, the rest I never heard of.

I don't know why you care so much, but I'll answer you anyways. I know koltz a lot better than you do, I therefore know how he feels about mapmaking and what maps he's recently made a lot more than you. JaFF is finishing "The Thing: Deadly Trust" and further devoping the City of the Dead project. AntiSleep and I have made 2 path d maps that are played on bnet from time to time (it would be more if we spread it more), and our battlecraft factions map is played at just about every maplantis map night. At least that's what I've been told. The battlecraft community also plays our factions map a hell of a lot. Anti has also made a few other maps without me that are good...

Clan[O] members are actively making maps. We just don't like to go parading around everytime we make a map. Most of the maps made by the members, that I know of, are made to be played and have fun. Usually played during map night. Not for popularity or to be known. There are plenty of maps currently in progress and being discussed in the channel every day. Asking for help to test or just to gather ideas. Just because you haven't seen a map made by a Clan[O] member, that doesn't mean we don't make maps.

I never said you didn't make maps. All I said was I've pretty much never seen or heard of more than a map or two from most of the clans. I also never said any of us make our maps for popularity either, if that's what you're implying. Besides, generally if you spread (or as you call it, parading around") a map more it will be played more and more people will have fun (maximazing fun=good thing!). And generally, if a map is more fun it will become popular to the point where I've heard about it. I also never said any clans at all didn't do any of the other things you said. I was just making a point.

I wasn't intending to say anything inflammatory.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 7 8 9 10 11 >
  Back to forum