Staredit Network > Forums > Games > Topic: A Decent Game?
A Decent Game?
Jul 20 2008, 12:18 am
By: NexY
Pages: < 1 2 3

Jul 30 2008, 4:47 am Gigins Post #41

Oblivion & Shivering Isles
If this didn't hold your attention, then I suggest Morrowind. It's 1 game earlier than oblivion, yea graphics are worse but the game totally fascinates you once you learn it.

Other than that, I don't know if your looking for a game with graphics and storyline and want it to be very interesting, your not lucky. I would suggest Fallout and Fallout2 but the graphics are horrible because the game is like 10 years old.

None.

Jul 30 2008, 4:29 pm BaneOfRome Post #42

Wow, I keep forgetting about games that own... Morrowind is another great game that I obviously forgot about. What is the world coming to? :crazy:

None.

Aug 1 2008, 4:06 am NexY Post #43

Quote from Gigins
Oblivion & Shivering Isles
If this didn't hold your attention, then I suggest Morrowind. It's 1 game earlier than oblivion, yea graphics are worse but the game totally fascinates you once you learn it.

Other than that, I don't know if your looking for a game with graphics and storyline and want it to be very interesting, your not lucky. I would suggest Fallout and Fallout2 but the graphics are horrible because the game is like 10 years old.
Oblivion was a good game, though the only downfall of it for me, was the Oblivion Gates. They were all basically the same. Repetitiveness bores me quick. I'm mainly looking for a game that tells their story good without reading 2 pages of text from a NPC or some other object. Graphics aren't a big problem to me, I still love the super nintendo gfx :D!

Quote from BaneOfRome
Wow, I keep forgetting about games that own... Morrowind is another great game that I obviously forgot about. What is the world coming to? :crazy:
:bang:

None.

Aug 1 2008, 4:23 am Vi3t-X Post #44

Morrowind isn't that bad either... ^^
Half-Life
Civilization Series
PAC MAN. :lol:

None.

Aug 2 2008, 12:14 am Hercanic Post #45

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

First Person Games
- System Shock 2: Sci-Fi FPS with RPG elements. Awesome-scary with a superb storyline dripping with atmosphere. Bioshock is the spiritual successor to this classic game.

- Half-Life 1 & 2: Sci-Fi FPS. These aren't on your list, yet Team Fortress 2, CS, and CS:S are. Surely you just forgot to list this series, right? =oP

- Aliens vs Predator 2: Sci-Fi FPS. Three unique races, this game reminds me of what Starcraft could be like as an FPS. Wall-climb as a beastial Alien, pouncing on your prey from above. Aim for the head to bite it clean off. Leap across tree branches as a cloaked Predator, stalking your quarry with powerful, precision weapons such as your guided Disc, Plasma Caster, Speargun, etc. Finally, outfit as a Colonial Marine, wielding pure firepower. A motion detector compensates for your limited vision, but it doesn't cover your backside.

- Painkiller: Supernatural Action FPS. Goes back to the roots of fast-paced, frantic FPS action. It's just simply fun. The boss battles are excellent.

- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines: Supernatural FPS-RPG. You can also play in third person. A little buggy, but a great game nonetheless. If you're not familiar with the Pen-and-Paper RPG of the same name, this game allows you to play as a member of one of ~7 different Vampire clans, each with different powers. The Malkavians are fun, who themselves are insane and can infect others with insanity. Character interaction is phenominal, with full voice-overs and branching dialogue trees.

Third-Person Games
- American McGee's Alice: Supernatural Action RPG. A twisted continuation of the Alice in Wonderland story.

- Sacrifice: Supernatural RTS. Yes, it's an RTS played in the third person. It's very unique, and quite cool. Capture the souls of your enemies and sacrifice them at your alter.

Adventure Games
- The Longest Journey

- Sanitarium

- Monkey Island series

Above View Games
- Dawn of War: Sci-Fi Action RTS.

Aug 2 2008, 12:47 am dumbducky Post #46

Has anyone said Cave Story yet?

tits

Aug 2 2008, 4:25 am Hercanic Post #47

STF mod creator, Modcrafters.com admin, CampaignCreations.org staff

Dear rockz:
Quote from rockz
-Savage: Battle for Newerth
MMOFPSRTS. Yes that's right, massively multiplayer first person shooter real time strategy. Savage 2 is out, but Savage 1 is free, and generally considered better. There's no storyline, just awesome multiplayer, where to attack people, you better be moving sideways and attacking their back, or else it will just get blocked.
It's an interesting multiplayer FPS-RTS hybrid, but Savage 1 is definately not an MMO. There is a backstory, but no singleplayer to experience it through.

Dear dumbducky:
Cave Story rocks! =oD For those who missed out, it's a free sidescroller made by one guy.

Aug 2 2008, 8:12 pm NexY Post #48

Cave story....strangely fun :D

None.

Aug 22 2008, 8:00 pm Revelade Post #49

I really don't know what you can do.

The games that I only really play are:

- Starcraft
- Warcraft 3
- Guild Wars

If I was entirely bored with these games, I wouldn't need to PC game. I do agree with you on MMOs, or rather RPGs in general.

However, on the Xbox I play:

- CoD4
- Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Third Strike mostly)

On my gamecube:

- Phantasy Star Online Episode 3

For me, I'd try something different. I was burned out of games, got muscle cramps and got myself board games. They make you think, they can play with many players and they are just nice to have on the table and have a good time. I've picked up a few and it grew into many.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3
  Back to forum