Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight
Jul 19 2008, 9:46 pm
By: dumbducky
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >

Jul 20 2008, 11:07 pm RoryFenrir Post #21

I really liked batman begins, I was really excited for this movie but I was kind of disapointed. In my opinion there arent that many really GOOD movies anymore. This was way overhyped, and I think they tried a little bit too hard to make it an epic movie.

SPOILERS

But anyway... I did like how it kept going, the first time the Joker got caught i thought it was the end, but then he escaped and you know the whole story. I remember sitting there watching it with my friends and saying "Holy **** this is a long *** movie." I liked a bunch of the stuff they thought up, and how the joker was testing the citizens of gotham. I liked how they made all the hostages hold granades/guns, that was pretty crazy.

MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH MOVIE
-Why wouldnt the two ferries have a time bomb set for midnight? Seriously I hate how stupid the villans are, they always have some really obvious way to stop their plan.
-WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CITY? i dont know if anyof you noticed but Gotham was a completely different city. The above ground train was in The Dark Knight once.... and Wayne Tower was different. I thought how the city was different than any modern city now was cool in the first movie, but in the second it was completely different and looked totally normal.
-how did batman modify everyones cell phones?!
-Twoface shot bat man once in his bullet proof armor... why didnt he finish him off or shoot him in the face in the first place.....

Overall I liked it, the first movie was hard to top and they didnt pull it off. This will probably turn out to be a trillogy but i didnt really see any loose ends. It reminded me of the 5th Starwars, the badguys kicked the goodguys asses. I liked how it didnt really have a happy ending.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 11:09 pm Kaias Post #22

Spoilers

The ridiculously complex plots laid out are absurd. Plot twist after plot twist gradually becomes insulting to the viewer.
You're right. It hurt my feelings too.

The Joker was not "always a step ahead" as a villain might be in quality film. Instead he was ten steps ahead from the very beginning, having God-like knowledge of all events that would occur.
The Joker made it clear that his objective was to send out a 'message'. It was his plan from to corrupt the city's views and conceptions of what they considered to be good, or a representation of good, making them look selfish and breaking them down. This is why he targeted all the highest people in the city.

On a lesser note, the Joker's speech that he "doesn't plan anything" is silly. He has clearly planned a lot. It doesn't even make sense for him to be lying in that speech. It doesn't add anything. The Joker's character is already well established and it had already been made quite clear that he was a liar.
He does this in complete accordance with this idea. Yes he does lie to Dent, but solely trying to break him down and ruin him.
And he succeeds. After their confrontation Dent trusts fate to anarchy and chance. No longer holding to his convictions of right and wrong.

By the end of the movie there are tons of plot lines all fighting for screen time.
Not even true.

The last scene we see him in is where he is hanging off a building. What happens to him?
SWAT comes. Make the assumptions you were meant to.

Okay, so Harvey Dent is remembered a hero. Does that mean the mob bosses he attempted to arrest will in fact go to jail? The movie doesn't say.
It even doesn't matter. The mob bosses weren't even the real problem.

The more I think about this movie the more disgusted I am by how bad it is.
You just enjoy standing against the general opinion.

Great movie by the way. Joker was awesome.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 21 2008, 1:28 am by Kaias.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 11:19 pm Kaias Post #23

Quote from RoryFenrir
-Why wouldnt the two ferries have a time bomb set for midnight? Seriously I hate how stupid the villans are, they always have some really obvious way to stop their plan.
Joker was so sure that one or the other would blow eachother up. He didn't just want to kill everyone, he wanted to prove something about the people of Gotham. Killing them both afterward despite that one had pushed the button would be pointless, thus no timed explosives.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 11:25 pm Snipe Post #24

I LOVED the movie. I am a batman fan anyways and this sure was a step up from the first, which i loved to.

Pros:
-Action!! action!! action!!
-Intense
-One of the best thrillers in a long time.

Cons:
- Two face seemed to have been forced in the movie
- LONG !!! (but not really a bad thing)

None.

Jul 20 2008, 11:26 pm Demented Shaman Post #25

Quote from RoryFenrir
MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH MOVIE
Obviously the Joker wants the satisfaction of pulling the trigger himself.

Quote from RoryFenrir
-WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CITY? i dont know if anyof you noticed but Gotham was a completely different city. The above ground train was in The Dark Knight once.... and Wayne Tower was different. I thought how the city was different than any modern city now was cool in the first movie, but in the second it was completely different and looked totally normal.
Both were filmed in Chicago. I couldn't care less about the way the city was and the good thing about the movie was it didn't matter how the city even looked.

Quote from RoryFenrir
-how did batman modify everyones cell phones?!
"Technology"
If you want to get technical I'm sure even though everything is supposed to be "realistic" 90% of what Batman does is impossible and the technology doesn't actually exist.

Quote from RoryFenrir
-Twoface shot bat man once in his bullet proof armor... why didnt he finish him off or shoot him in the face in the first place.....
Why doesn't anyone ever get shot in the face in a movie? Oh yea, because if they did the movie would be over.

Quote from RoryFenrir
Overall I liked it, the first movie was hard to top and they didnt pull it off. This will probably turn out to be a trillogy but i didnt really see any loose ends. It reminded me of the 5th Starwars, the badguys kicked the goodguys asses. I liked how it didnt really have a happy ending.
I think in terms of Star Wars a lot of people and critics agree that the first sequel was a little better than the first one. I also like this sequel more than the original.

An interesting idea I saw discussed in one of the IMDB discussion topics was about Two-Face's death. Some people think the way they showed his "death" leaves it open for him to return in another sequel. Personally, I think he's dead.

Cons:
- Two face seemed to have been forced in the movie
I don't think he was forced in at all. I like how they showed how Harvey Dent turned into Two Face.

- LONG !!! (but not really a bad thing)
I liked the fact that it was long and that the plot was complex.

None.

Jul 20 2008, 11:37 pm dumbducky Post #26

If two-face shows up again alive, it'll be like changing what happened in Spider-Man by Spider-Man 3.

Also, I expected the movie to end when they captured the Joker the first time. It kind of felt like they were dragging it out in the back of my mind, but I still liked the rest of the plot while I was watching it.

tits

Jul 20 2008, 11:48 pm Demented Shaman Post #27

Quote from dumbducky
Also, I expected the movie to end when they captured the Joker the first time. It kind of felt like they were dragging it out in the back of my mind, but I still liked the rest of the plot while I was watching it.
I knew the movie had to continue because Harvey wasn't Two Face yet.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 1:21 am Kaias Post #28

Quote from name:devilesk
Quote from dumbducky
I knew the movie had to continue because Harvey wasn't Two Face yet.
And there were scenes in the preview I hadn't seen yet.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 2:21 am Corbo Post #29

ALL PRAISE YOUR SUPREME LORD CORBO

Both were filmed in Chicago. I couldn't care less about the way the city was and the good thing about the movie was it didn't matter how the city even looked.

Actually, I believe the first one was filmed in london at some point.

fuck you all

Jul 21 2008, 2:29 am Demented Shaman Post #30

Quote from Corbo

Actually, I believe the first one was filmed in london at some point.
Yes, I knew that as I checked wikipedia before posting. However, both were filmed in Chicago. It's like saying the second one was also filmed in Hong Kong.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 2:33 am dumbducky Post #31

Well, I didn't know Harvey became Two Face because I don't remember anyone calling him Harvey Two Face in the old cartoon series on Cartoon Network when I saw it, nor did I know that Two Face would even be in it. Also, I don't remember anything I saw from the trailer.

tits

Jul 21 2008, 2:39 am Demented Shaman Post #32

Oh that reminds me, I like how they actually incorporated that whole coin flipping thing without making it stupid. It actually made sense and I liked it as opposed to Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face in Batman Forever.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 3:15 am Kaias Post #33

Harvey was always two face.

Tommy Lee Jones is a retard.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 4:37 am Ashamed Post #34

Hear me Raor!!

I thought it was a good movie!... I wouldn't say it was FANTASTIC!!... I also thought it was way to predictable! I really did guess everything that the joker was planning... Word for word almost!. I did like the middle twist they added with two face it was really goood!

-Heath Ledger Did an awesome job at the joker, not so much the "creepy" part.. but just the acting he was very believing. I did not at one point of the movie think he was "dark"... Or overdosed because the roll was so dark...

Overall i give the movie a 4/5 stars!

None.

Jul 21 2008, 4:40 am Demented Shaman Post #35

Quote from Ashamed
I thought it was a good movie!... I wouldn't say it was FANTASTIC!!... I also thought it was way to predictable! I really did guess everything that the joker was planning... Word for word almost!. I did like the middle twist they added with two face it was really goood!

-Heath Ledger Did an awesome job at the joker, not so much the "creepy" part.. but just the acting he was very believing. I did not at one point of the movie think he was "dark"... Or overdosed because the roll was so dark...

Overall i give the movie a 4/5 stars!
Wait so you predicted everything except for Dent turning into Two Face? Wtf? :|

None.

Jul 21 2008, 4:41 am Ashamed Post #36

Hear me Raor!!

No.. I knew it was going to happen i just like how they did it!

None.

Jul 21 2008, 4:44 am Demented Shaman Post #37

Quote from Ashamed
No.. I knew it was going to happen i just like how they did it!
True, it was good. It was pretty surprising seeing Batman going after Dent instead of Rachel and then having Rachel die. I thought Batman intentionally went after Dent, but the Wikipedia plot summary says Joker switched the locations...
Batman interrogates the Joker until he reveals that Rachel and Dent have been taken to opposite sides of the city, far-enough apart that Batman does not have time to save both of them. Batman speeds off to save Rachel, while Gordon and the police head after Dent. Unknown to them, the Joker has switched the locations, sending Batman after Dent and Gordon after Rachel.
I guess I missed that part. Makes sense though with the Joker already seeing Batman dive off the roof to save Rachel and knowing how much he cares for her.

None.

Jul 21 2008, 4:49 am Ashamed Post #38

Hear me Raor!!

Yeah.. i knew that.. because i predicted it lawl! I turned to my fiancée and was like.. He just gave them the wrong addresses! Because if you paid attention Gordon was like who are you going for.. and Batman shouted the girl!! but i really did like it still >< it probably the best way to put it in the story!

None.

Jul 21 2008, 4:52 am Demented Shaman Post #39

Quote from Ashamed
Yeah.. i knew that.. because i predicted it lawl! I turned to my fiancée and was like.. He just gave them the wrong addresses! Because if you paid attention Gordon was like who are you going for.. and Batman shouted the girl!! but i really did like it still >< it probably the best way to put it in the story!
Yea I wasn't too alert because I was watching the midnight showing. :D

None.

Jul 21 2008, 5:44 am ClansAreForGays Post #40

Quote from Ashamed
lol, the people I went with were arguing over the same thing. We all heard something different.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 45 >
  Back to forum