Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Save Game to Find Lagger?
Save Game to Find Lagger?
Sep 10 2007, 4:41 am
By: bearcat_fan  

Sep 14 2007, 2:49 am Echo Post #21

It doesn't depend on the internet. Well not majorly but it depends on the internet very little. It is by how fast their computer is because it saves the game for them too. I had a friend who had a really crappy computer and T2 cable because he was playing at the Board of Education computer. I saved the game because we were playing an RPG and he dropped right after.

None.

Sep 14 2007, 2:58 am InsolubleFluff Post #22

Well atleast for the most part it's effective way of determining who is the one lagging the game up.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:47 am Pyro-Fire Post #23

100% of the time, whenever someone saves, my computer hangs for a second, in turn making people think i'm lagging.
Even though i have played for over 9 years, and have never lagged, even with dialup.

The reason it is accurate sometimes for you is because the lagger has a fisher price computer, and an internet connection to match.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 10:47 pm Twitch Post #24

Quote from Pyro-Fire
100% of the time, whenever someone saves, my computer hangs for a second, in turn making people think i'm lagging.
Even though i have played for over 9 years, and have never lagged, even with dialup.

The reason it is accurate sometimes for you is because the lagger has a fisher price computer, and an internet connection to match.
Whats is up with the fisher price computer talk that is getting old lol.

None.

Sep 26 2007, 11:48 pm Money Post #25

I seem to lag sometime because I have cable with a wireless router. Would the wireless cause lag? It's new.

None.

Sep 27 2007, 2:21 am Falkoner Post #26

Yes, wireless is ALWAYS more laggy than wired.

None.

Sep 29 2007, 4:07 am Cnl.Fatso Post #27

Cable also creates a small amount of lag (~25 ms internally generated by the modem, IIRC)

None.

Oct 28 2007, 3:47 pm Viii_iiiV Post #28

The reason it works so much, is because morons with cheap computers are more likely to have cheap internet, and cool people like me with expensive computers are likely to have nice connections.

EDIT: Oops, someone already said that.

None.

Jan 20 2008, 9:28 pm candle12345 Post #29

I'd think it would only show up for people with shitty computers and connections, which both cause lag when combined. The player seems to be dropping because he's still saving after everyone else is done.

At least, that's how I think it works.

Mysteries hopefully solved. :)

None.

Options
  Back to forum